shape
carat
color
clarity

"The Bachelorette" thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 9:58:21 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 5/19/2009 9:32:41 PM
Author: kama_s

Date: 5/19/2009 12:23:07 PM

Maybe all the Canadian guys they interviewed were weird and unattractive.

MP, while I see where you''re coming from, I found the comment above to be quite distasteful and offensive. Personally, I feel as though you are insinuating Canada is ''crap'' (while I''m sure that was not your intent). Anyways, I dont want to threadjack anymore...but I just wanted to point out that certain comments, while directed to individuals in particular, can offend more than just the intended person.
35.gif

I didn''t think of that, but I was just joking - Beau even seemed to get that? Oh, well. I''m be sure to use smilies more in the future so it''s clearer!
5.gif
Mmm, somehow I didn''t get the impression that you were just joking - I''m glad for Beau that she seemed to get it, I guess I just missed the memo. Eh, I suppose those smilies do go a long way!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
^^ I got it
35.gif
fwiw. But I agree, the jokes seem to almost always be lost on someone without use of smilies.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 8:53:47 PM
I need to say a little something here, and I don''t want to start a debate or a fight or whatever over it - I just need to make something known because it is coloring the way I feel about this forum.

Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, I don''t deny that. In fact, I like that about this forum most of the time. But when your opinion converges to the same thing every time a different topic is brought up, and you make snide little comments that rub it in, it makes me irritated and I feel a little harassed. (I am not by any means saying I am the nicest person on this forum, NO WAY, but I don''t go out of my way to make people feel bad, either, and that is what I am addressing here.)

Canada is not better than America, Beau. It simply isn''t. It''s just DIFFERENT. I am glad you have love for your country and that you enjoy where you live, but please, enough with the, ''Canada is better than EVERYWHERE!'' cheerleading. No one else does that here, and we have people from all over the world on these forums. But almost every time I open a topic that you post in, it somehow comes up that Canada is the greatest and the comments are snide enough to insinuate that any other country is crap. And I am not the only one that is thinking it.

I like living in America. I LIKE IT. We have our issues, just like every country does, and this is certainly not our greatest hour right now by any means. We are struggling in a lot of ways. But I don''t try to force my opinion into dozens of off-topic conversations here because I enjoy how diverse we are.

That is all. Please return to your regularly scheduled programing!
9.gif

I need to catch the Bachelorette sometime...it can''t be worse than The Bachelor...can it?
Well..I guess this goes for you as well as those select few members (always the same group), who follow me around here, reading my posts, and commenting negatively, taking jabs whenever they possibly can..DON''T READ MY POSTS!! If you don''t like what I have to say..please..MOVE ON! Don''t waste your time! You can clearly see I started this thread, so why bother to stop and read it Monkey? That''s all I have to say..now as Ali would say "please stay on topic"
Thanks

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
First of all - I do NOT follow you ANYWHERE! I missed the Bachelorette episode and I was interested to see what was written about it, to see if it was any good. It had nothing to do with you, Beau, despite whatever you think, and I really wish you would stop saying stuff like that. No one here stalks you, and no one is harassing you - I kept my post as polite as possible and yet you still fly off the handle, which is not my fault by any means.

Second, the fact that you know you have said rude things about how much better Canada is in previous posts, speaks volumes. No one here was attacking, I asked you very nicely not to do this again since it rubs me - and other posters - the wrong way and makes it seem like you feel other countries are beneath you. No one is beneath anyone here, we all come to this forum for one reason and one reason only - we share a love of jewelery and pretty things. It shouldn''t matter where you live as long as you share the interest, but you rarely post anything that isn''t snide, negative, or scathing. The fact is simply that I am the first one to finally get offended enough to say something.

And if Ali or anyone else wants to email me about it, I rather hope they do, because I would like to have a realistic conversation with someone that will actually listen to my concerns.

P.S. And why is it that my one comment about the possibility of Canadians being "weird and unattractive" is so offensive, when it was quite alright to talk badly about the American (and other nationalities) men on the show?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 10:52:17 PM
Author: beau13

Date: 5/19/2009 8:53:47 PM
I need to say a little something here, and I don''t want to start a debate or a fight or whatever over it - I just need to make something known because it is coloring the way I feel about this forum.

Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, I don''t deny that. In fact, I like that about this forum most of the time. But when your opinion converges to the same thing every time a different topic is brought up, and you make snide little comments that rub it in, it makes me irritated and I feel a little harassed. (I am not by any means saying I am the nicest person on this forum, NO WAY, but I don''t go out of my way to make people feel bad, either, and that is what I am addressing here.)

Canada is not better than America, Beau. It simply isn''t. It''s just DIFFERENT. I am glad you have love for your country and that you enjoy where you live, but please, enough with the, ''Canada is better than EVERYWHERE!'' cheerleading. No one else does that here, and we have people from all over the world on these forums. But almost every time I open a topic that you post in, it somehow comes up that Canada is the greatest and the comments are snide enough to insinuate that any other country is crap. And I am not the only one that is thinking it.

I like living in America. I LIKE IT. We have our issues, just like every country does, and this is certainly not our greatest hour right now by any means. We are struggling in a lot of ways. But I don''t try to force my opinion into dozens of off-topic conversations here because I enjoy how diverse we are.

That is all. Please return to your regularly scheduled programing!
9.gif

I need to catch the Bachelorette sometime...it can''t be worse than The Bachelor...can it?
Well..I guess this goes for you as well as those select few members (always the same group), who follow me around here, reading my posts, and commenting negatively, taking jabs whenever they possibly can..DON''T READ MY POSTS!! If you don''t like what I have to say..please..MOVE ON! Don''t waste your time! You can clearly see I started this thread, so why bother to stop and read it Monkey? That''s all I have to say..now as Ali would say ''please stay on topic''
Thanks
I would love to see the memo that made you the newest PS moderator.
emotion-41.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 11:21:39 PM
First of all - I do NOT follow you ANYWHERE! I missed the Bachelorette episode and I was interested to see what was written about it, to see if it was any good. It had nothing to do with you, Beau, despite whatever you think, and I really wish you would stop saying stuff like that. No one here stalks you, and no one is harassing you - I kept my post as polite as possible and yet you still fly off the handle, which is not my fault by any means.

Second, the fact that you know you have said rude things about how much better Canada is in previous posts, speaks volumes. No one here was attacking, I asked you very nicely not to do this again since it rubs me - and other posters - the wrong way and makes it seem like you feel other countries are beneath you. No one is beneath anyone here, we all come to this forum for one reason and one reason only - we share a love of jewelery and pretty things. It shouldn''t matter where you live as long as you share the interest, but you rarely post anything that isn''t snide, negative, or scathing. The fact is simply that I am the first one to finally get offended enough to say something.

And if Ali or anyone else wants to email me about it, I rather hope they do, because I would like to have a realistic conversation with someone that will actually listen to my concerns.

P.S. And why is it that my one comment about the possibility of Canadians being ''weird and unattractive'' is so offensive, when it was quite alright to talk badly about the American (and other nationalities) men on the show?
Not the first, but one of many. And many Canadians, I might add.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, my opinion, FWIW is that if I were to judge solely by this thread is that Beau hasn''t said anything offensive before MP posted her statement. And it seems to me that people are baiting Beau with "jokes."

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 11:35:58 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Well, my opinion, FWIW is that if I were to judge solely by this thread is that Beau hasn''t said anything offensive before MP posted her statement. And it seems to me that people are baiting Beau with ''jokes.''
That is true. It was what she said afterward that resulted in my comments. And perhaps MonkeyPie is baiting Beau with anti-Canadian comments, the exact same way that Beau does so quite regularly with her pro-Canadian remarks. Both elicit strong reactions and are not necessary.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 11:59:48 PM
Author: hlmr

Well, my opinion, FWIW is that if I were to judge solely by this thread is that Beau hasn''t said anything offensive before MP posted her statement. And it seems to me that people are baiting Beau with ''jokes.''
That is true. It was what she said afterward that resulted in my comments. And perhaps MonkeyPie is baiting Beau with anti-Canadian comments, the exact same way that Beau does so quite regularly with her pro-Canadian remarks. Both elicit strong reactions and are not necessary.
hlmr, perhaps it''s just me, but for the most part, I just like to judge a poster by the thread and not the reputation.

NOW, I know that it is extremely difficult to do for us humans. Our perceptions of people are colored by past events. I get that. I also get that MP has had run ins with Beau before, as have other posters.

A common complaint I''ve heard is that all threads turn into something about Beau. Honestly, if this thread could have just stayed on topic, it wouldn''t have.

What is wrong with making Pro Canadian remarks? I would be OK to see Pro American ones. It''s the Anti American ones I have an issue with. Were there any anti American remarks said on this thread? Not that I can see. Beau''s comments were simply A) she didn''t understand why there were no Canadian men for this Canadian bachelorette to choose from (I haven''t seen the show, but to me that''s a valid point and B) she wouldn''t understand why Jillian would want to move to the US because she has a THRIVING DESIGN BUSINESS. Also a valid point.

This thread was fine before MP decided to post her opinions about Beau here. Why not leave this for people who want to discuss the Bachelorette? It seems there were a few?

There are plenty of posters who I now quite like who rubbed me the wrong way in the beginning. If people choose to stick around, I''m happy to either read their posts with fresh eyes or ignore them or leave myself (which obviously hasn''t happened).

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 12:08:13 AM

Date: 5/19/2009 11:59:48 PM

hlmr, perhaps it''s just me, but for the most part, I just like to judge a poster by the thread and not the reputation.

NOW, I know that it is extremely difficult to do for us humans. Our perceptions of people are colored by past events. I get that. I also get that MP has had run ins with Beau before, as have other posters.

A common complaint I''ve heard is that all threads turn into something about Beau. Honestly, if this thread could have just stayed on topic, it wouldn''t have.

What is wrong with making Pro Canadian remarks? I would be OK to see Pro American ones. It''s the Anti American ones I have an issue with. Were there any anti American remarks said on this thread? Not that I can see. Beau''s comments were simply A) she didn''t understand why there were no Canadian men for this Canadian bachelorette to choose from (I haven''t seen the show, but to me that''s a valid point and B) she wouldn''t understand why Jillian would want to move to the US because she has a THRIVING DESIGN BUSINESS. Also a valid point.

This thread was fine before MP decided to post her opinions about Beau here. Why not leave this for people who want to discuss the Bachelorette? It seems there were a few?

There are plenty of posters who I now quite like who rubbed me the wrong way in the beginning. If people choose to stick around, I''m happy to either read their posts with fresh eyes or ignore them or leave myself (which obviously hasn''t happened).
There is nothing wrong with making Pro Canadian, Pro American, Pro Australian, or any other country remarks, as long as they are not made for the purpose of putting down another PS poster''s country. In my opinion, that is exactly what Beau does, she compliments while denigrading, she smiles while she sucker punches, the fist is in the velvet glove, and then she hides behind her right to state her opinions, and threatens with moderator reinforcement.

"I don''t find any of the men OVERLY attractive, picking a few Canadians would have added to the "hotness factor" I think !"

Perhaps I am jaded at this point, but is this comment okay with you? It is just another prime example of a ''Beau pas'' to me. It is written to elicit a response in others.....definitely has a ''baiting'' feel to it imho.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
This thread died before I came along and said anything like that - I waited specifically for it to move down the page and out of interest before I posted.

Now, the only way I have to contact anyone here is in a thread. I could have started a new thread, but that would just be considered picking a fight, which is what I EXPRESSLY did not want to do. I had a point to make and I made it - an argument or name-calling is not what I intended, and if that is how it''s always going to play out when I tell Beau something she doesn''t want to hear, then that''s fine. I was able to say what I wanted without calling anyone names or belittling them, yet the first thing she did was say I was following her around with the goal of harassing her. If that was the case, I would post in every thread she was in and I would be an absolute jerk, but I don''t. And had I been as blunt as other people on this board are, I would have used MUCH stronger language, because believe me, in my mind I often think more harshly than I type. She always tries to play the, "You all gang up on me!" card when that has never once been the case - everything spoken to her that she didn''t like was because she previously said something that came off as ignorant, and if I pulled a list of those, it would be longer than I am tall. I don''t see why I have to be a good little girl and never speak my mind just because she doesn''t like what I have to say - people here often say things to me that I don''t agree with or that feel mean, but I either walk away or ignore them. (This happened with you, T-Gal, if you recall.) I just can''t ignore her constant boasting about this. And if she can''t handle it, then she doesn''t have to read my posts either, right?
38.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes hlmr, that comment is OK by me (I noted it and moved on). I think adding Australian men would have added some hotness factor.
2.gif

Plus who is this Jake person? Didn''t she say something about flying more if he worked for Air Canada? That seems like she thought someone was hot to me.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 12:31:05 AM
Yes hlmr, that comment is OK by me (I noted it and moved on). I think adding Australian men would have added some hotness factor.
2.gif

Plus who is this Jake person? Didn''t she say something about flying more if he worked for Air Canada? That seems like she thought someone was hot to me.

So ONLY if he worked for Air Canada? If I am not mistaken there are other airlines, and Air Canada doesn''t leave the country does it? (I think I remember reading that somewhere - I could be wrong.) Do you not get what we are saying, T-Gal? You''re smart, and I know you read between the lines more than this on more casual topics.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 12:26:59 AM
This thread died before I came along and said anything like that - I waited specifically for it to move down the page and out of interest before I posted.

Now, the only way I have to contact anyone here is in a thread. I could have started a new thread, but that would just be considered picking a fight, which is what I EXPRESSLY did not want to do. I had a point to make and I made it - an argument or name-calling is not what I intended, and if that is how it''s always going to play out when I tell Beau something she doesn''t want to hear, then that''s fine. I was able to say what I wanted without calling anyone names or belittling them, yet the first thing she did was say I was following her around with the goal of harassing her. If that was the case, I would post in every thread she was in and I would be an absolute jerk, but I don''t. And had I been as blunt as other people on this board are, I would have used MUCH stronger language, because believe me, in my mind I often think more harshly than I type. She always tries to play the, ''You all gang up on me!'' card when that has never once been the case - everything spoken to her that she didn''t like was because she previously said something that came off as ignorant, and if I pulled a list of those, it would be longer than I am tall. I don''t see why I have to be a good little girl and never speak my mind just because she doesn''t like what I have to say - people here often say things to me that I don''t agree with or that feel mean, but I either walk away or ignore them. (This happened with you, T-Gal, if you recall.) I just can''t ignore her constant boasting about this. And if she can''t handle it, then she doesn''t have to read my posts either, right?
38.gif
How did you decide the thread was dead MP? A post or two before yours, they were still talking about the show? Just because it moved down the first page, it was "out of interest?"

Perhaps you could have picked a thread where she was actively saying Canada was better than America? If you waited "specificaly" for the thread to move down in order to make your point, then were you sitting there just perched to make it? Why wait for it to move back down if you posting on it is going to make it move right back up?

I mean, seriously MP, did you really think that just because you said "I don''t want to start a debate or fight here" that people were going to just carry on? Why even put the disclaimer?

You''re dictating how you feel others should post (i.e., cut the cheerleading stuff, no one else does it.) Just because you post a certain way doesn''t mean others will. Just because you walk away, others might not. Beau can tell you to ignore, but you don''t have to. I''m just stating my opinion on all of this, is all.

And as for the you all gang up on me card, well, you said you know you are not the only person who feels this way, so I''ll go out on a limb here and say that there''s probably been a discussion about it, and "gang mentality" might not be completely unwarranted.

As for what I "recall"...honestly, I don''t really. As I said, I move on. I take it you wouldn''t want people to judge any faux pas you''ve made on PS in the past? (I''m not saying you''ve made them, because I honestly don''t remember!)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 12:34:12 AM

2.gif

So ONLY if he worked for Air Canada? If I am not mistaken there are other airlines, and Air Canada doesn''t leave the country does it? (I think I remember reading that somewhere - I could be wrong.) Do you not get what we are saying, T-Gal? You''re smart, and I know you read between the lines more than this on more casual topics.
Um, honestly, I read it that she flies Air Canada a lot and wouldn''t mind seeing a hot pilot flying the plane. I mean, do YOU fly Air Canada a lot? No, I don''t, because it''s NOT MY DOMESTIC AIRLINE. If it doesn''t leave the country, that would make sense if Beau flies a lot within her own country.

Have you been out of the U.S. often? Because most Americans do not!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
2.gif

Well, on that we agree! Plus if Jake were flying with Air Canada, he could recruit some hot new guys from all over the world.
4.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 12:45:54 AM

2.gif

Well, on that we agree! Plus if Jake were flying with Air Canada, he could recruit some hot new guys from all over the world.
4.gif
I''m all for hot pilots! Having flown way too many miles (about a half million), I can always use a pick me up on those long road warrior days!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 12:43:01 AM
Date: 5/20/2009 12:26:59 AM

Now, the only way I have to contact anyone here is in a thread. I could have started a new thread, but that would just be considered picking a fight, which is what I EXPRESSLY did not want to do. I had a point to make and I made it - an argument or name-calling is not what I intended, and if that is how it''s always going to play out when I tell Beau something she doesn''t want to hear, then that''s fine. I was able to say what I wanted without calling anyone names or belittling them, yet the first thing she did was say I was following her around with the goal of harassing her. If that was the case, I would post in every thread she was in and I would be an absolute jerk, but I don''t. And had I been as blunt as other people on this board are, I would have used MUCH stronger language, because believe me, in my mind I often think more harshly than I type. She always tries to play the, ''You all gang up on me!'' card when that has never once been the case - everything spoken to her that she didn''t like was because she previously said something that came off as ignorant, and if I pulled a list of those, it would be longer than I am tall. I don''t see why I have to be a good little girl and never speak my mind just because she doesn''t like what I have to say - people here often say things to me that I don''t agree with or that feel mean, but I either walk away or ignore them. (This happened with you, T-Gal, if you recall.) I just can''t ignore her constant boasting about this. And if she can''t handle it, then she doesn''t have to read my posts either, right?
38.gif
How did you decide the thread was dead MP? A post or two before yours, they were still talking about the show? Just because it moved down the first page, it was ''out of interest?''

Perhaps you could have picked a thread where she was actively saying Canada was better than America? If you waited ''specificaly'' for the thread to move down in order to make your point, then were you sitting there just perched to make it? Why wait for it to move back down if you posting on it is going to make it move right back up?

I mean, seriously MP, did you really think that just because you said ''I don''t want to start a debate or fight here'' that people were going to just carry on? Why even put the disclaimer?

You''re dictating how you feel others should post (i.e., cut the cheerleading stuff, no one else does it.) Just because you post a certain way doesn''t mean others will. Just because you walk away, others might not. Beau can tell you to ignore, but you don''t have to. I''m just stating my opinion on all of this, is all.

And as for the you all gang up on me card, well, you said you know you are not the only person who feels this way, so I''ll go out on a limb here and say that there''s probably been a discussion about it, and ''gang mentality'' might not be completely unwarranted.

As for what I ''recall''...honestly, I don''t really. As I said, I move on. I take it you wouldn''t want people to judge any faux pas you''ve made on PS in the past? (I''m not saying you''ve made them, because I honestly don''t remember!)

Lol no, though I''m certain I''ve made them! I was referring to the open marriage thread.

I don''t think I would consider a shared opinion a gang mentality, though - would you consider the fact that you and Beau have a gang mentality because you disagree with me? Just because there are more of us that feel opposed, doesn''t mean we are plotting to harass her and verbally brow-beat her. Or at least, not to my knowledge - I have no idea what others are doing! But when I said that I know others feel the same, I was referring the many times this has come up in other threads when Beau complains about things others say to her - so many have said things very similar to what you and are discussing here.

Oh, and maybe a thread would still get traffic after it passes off page one, but I generally don''t go surfing back pages - do other people do that? I honestly thought most people wanted to post on recent threads, not ones that moved on. And no, I wasn''t sitting there ready to pounce once it moved - I actually walked away until I calmed down, and then I thought maybe I could make the post I did, which is why it was so calm. I gave myself a chance to breath and think about it before I came back. By then it had moved down, and I figured that was a good enough time.

The fact is that even if Beau hadn''t constantly done this in other threads, I would have still been offended by the way she always words her sentences so that we are made absolutely certain that she feels Canada is better than elsewhere. I would have said something more passive, maybe, like I would have asked her why the American men didn''t appeal her at all.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 12:50:43 AM

Lol no, though I''m certain I''ve made them! I was referring to the open marriage thread.

I don''t think I would consider a shared opinion a gang mentality, though - would you consider the fact that you and Beau have a gang mentality because you disagree with me? Just because there are more of us that feel opposed, doesn''t mean we are plotting to harass her and verbally brow-beat her. Or at least, not to my knowledge - I have no idea what others are doing! But when I said that I know others feel the same, I was referring the many times this has come up in other threads when Beau complains about things others say to her - so many have said things very similar to what you and are discussing here.

Oh, and maybe a thread would still get traffic after it passes off page one, but I generally don''t go surfing back pages - do other people do that? I honestly thought most people wanted to post on recent threads, not ones that moved on. And no, I wasn''t sitting there ready to pounce once it moved - I actually walked away until I calmed down, and then I thought maybe I could make the post I did, which is why it was so calm. I gave myself a chance to breath and think about it before I came back. By then it had moved down, and I figured that was a good enough time.

The fact is that even if Beau hadn''t constantly done this in other threads, I would have still been offended by the way she always words her sentences so that we are made absolutely certain that she feels Canada is better than elsewhere. I would have said something more passive, maybe, like I would have asked her why the American men didn''t appeal her at all.
Ah, that thread. Well, I''m sure I managed to annoy you somehow then, I''m good at that.
2.gif

MP, I think we''ve discussed this enough. Suffice it to say I know where you are coming from. I do. But I also think every day is a new day and while we can hope some people might turn a new leaf, there are simply some people who are not going to change.
1.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 12:51:27 AM
Just in case anyone is interested in where Air Canada flies......
2.gif

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/destinations/maps/map.html

They do fly all over!
And that is not what I meant when I said that T-Gal - I took that as, she can't fly any other airline because it is not Canadian.

I am tired, I have to be up at 5:30am and I hate when it just goes on and on with no end. Because why argue a point when you don't even believe it yourself? To me that is picking a fight a lot more than I am doing. And I am le TIRED. We can argue to disagree lol.

So I am off to bed. Enjoy yourselves.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and to answer your question, if Beau and I were chatting behind the scenes, then yes, I could say there is some gang mentality going on there because it''s easier for people to gang up on someone if discussed before hand. Then there''s mob mentality, which is another thing.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to ask, why come here if you want to constantly put the US down and say Canadians are superior? If anyone takes the time to read the posts, it''s there loud and clear.
5.gif
Peace out.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 12:55:54 AM

2.gif

They do fly all over!
And that is not what I meant when I said that T-Gal - I took that as, she can''t fly any other airline because it is not Canadian.

I am tired, I have to be up at 5:30am and I hate when it just goes on and on with no end. Because why argue a point when you don''t even believe it yourself? To me that is picking a fight a lot more than I am doing. And I am le TIRED. We can argue to disagree lol.

Well, if you''re calling me deliberately obtuse, then so be it. I honestly didn''t think that Beau wouldn''t fly another airline because it wasn''t Canadian!!

I wouldn''t presume to assume what you believe MP. Hopefully you are not insinuating the same about me. I made my point because I disagree with what you did. Same reason why you made your point about Beau, I suppose.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 12:55:54 AM

2.gif

They do fly all over!
And that is not what I meant when I said that T-Gal - I took that as, she can't fly any other airline because it is not Canadian.

I am tired, I have to be up at 5:30am and I hate when it just goes on and on with no end. Because why argue a point when you don't even believe it yourself? To me that is picking a fight a lot more than I am doing. And I am le TIRED. We can argue to disagree lol.

I know you did, and why wouldn't you? That is the way that Beau talks. I totally empathize with how you feel MonkeyPie.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 12:59:27 AM
Author: Kaleigh
I have to ask, why come here if you want to constantly put the US down and say Canadians are superior? If anyone takes the time to read the posts, it''s there loud and clear.
5.gif
Peace out.
Kaleigh, with all due respect...

I''ve taken the past few minutes to "stalk" Beau''s posts. I only went back a couple of weeks because it''s all I have the patience for. I''m not seeing where she is putting the US down. She wished her fellow Canadians a happy Victoria day (I''ve seen Aussies and others do the same for their public holidays). She posted a fun link about "You know you''re Canadian" that other Canadians seemed to enjoy.

Yes, she''s posted some stuff that come across as "Beau", but I''m thinking that her one thread stating her opinion of American workers (which was the one that *I* got into with it with her, btw) is really coloring some views here!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 1:08:27 AM

I have to ask, why come here if you want to constantly put the US down and say Canadians are superior? If anyone takes the time to read the posts, it's there loud and clear.
5.gif
Peace out.

I've taken the past few minutes to 'stalk' Beau's posts. I only went back a couple of weeks because it's all I have the patience for. I'm not seeing where she is putting the US down. She wished her fellow Canadians a happy Victoria day (I've seen Aussies and others do the same for their public holidays). She posted a fun link about 'You know you're Canadian' that other Canadians seemed to enjoy.

Yes, she's posted some stuff that come across as 'Beau', but I'm thinking that her one thread stating her opinion of American workers (which was the one that *I* got into with it with her, btw) is really coloring some views here!!
Yes the one asking do you PS while at work. That did it for me!!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 1:08:27 AM

5.gif
Peace out.

I''ve taken the past few minutes to ''stalk'' Beau''s posts. I only went back a couple of weeks because it''s all I have the patience for. I''m not seeing where she is putting the US down. She wished her fellow Canadians a happy Victoria day (I''ve seen Aussies and others do the same for their public holidays). She posted a fun link about ''You know you''re Canadian'' that other Canadians seemed to enjoy.

Yes, she''s posted some stuff that come across as ''Beau'', but I''m thinking that her one thread stating her opinion of American workers (which was the one that *I* got into with it with her, btw) is really coloring some views here!!
I don''t believe her intentions in posting that were solely to ''entertain''. In my opinion, a lot of what she posts has the same insidious sentiment throughout.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
39.gif
I''m all disappointed--I found The Bachelorette online and watched it specifically because I saw this thread and was all like, "oh yay" then came on here to see what everyone else thought, and it''s all blah blah blah Canada blah blee Beau bluh MonkeyPie bluh blee bluh blah! PEOPLE, THERE WERE 30 MEN ON THE TV AND ALL OF THEM WERE EMPLOYED! So for the REAL issue here...was nobody else kind of APPALLED that Jillian was walking around in that gorgeous dress outside on wet pavement? The back of it was totally soaked!

I think Juan''s shady. Something about him is the nastiness, and I think he''ll wind up having an ugly side. I''m not super duper crazy about any of them, honestly, but so far, David (first impression guy) and Jake are standing out moreso than the others. Oh, and the foot fetish guy IS still in it, unfortunately. I''m really funny about feet, too, but he was just ridiculous!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sad that I missed the show on monday
39.gif
,, I will be watching the show tonight, I just told my DH and he said that we will be watching the show tonight!!!!

As for beau13, I did not feel offended when she said "I don''t find any of the men OVERLY attractive, picking a few Canadians would have added to the "hotness factor" I think !
9.gif
". Because that what she thinks, and she is free to express that, mostly because she clarify was her tought and she put a smile after that.

MP is valid to way in the way you feel and express it. But not because you feel offended, that means she should stop comming to PS and express her ideas, because here is more people that don''t mind to read her posts and enjoy her treads.

Just my .02!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results