shape
carat
color
clarity

The AWESOME Toy Thread

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
We got two of this set for x-mas, I''d avoid them, they don''t really work. The cups don''t hold enough water to go through the holes, so the minute you pick them up they''re empty again. We''re going to try them with sand at the beach this summer. He does like to play with the octopus from this set though.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions Tacori--i love the fishing net thing, and the boon frog storage container. Boon makes lots of nice stuff. Our potty is from that company and it''s cool looking.

Tgal, you might be right about the bath. I have lots of bath toys for Co, but he never chooses them out of the basket. It''s always just the cups and funnels. In fact, come to think of it, he doesn''t play with many of his gadget toys past the novelty stage (a day or two), but balls, blocks, hockey stick, etc. are daily things. I am not a great mom for play & fail to come up with creative things to do with old stuff. I force myself to do it, but charlie is much better at this. So most of the time Co and I read. I love to read out loud so i''ve kinda designated myself to that role and spend so much more money on books than anything else, only b/c i like them best.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
puppmom, the Beep Beep stickers look cool. I bet my son would love them. He LOVES transportation cars, trucks, trains, and his favorite BUSES! Are they thick and durable?

I think my son has enough bath toys for now. We also use the Boon Frog to store his bath toys and I love it. We have the Boon Bath Goods and Three Little Duckies Waterproof Bath Book. His favorite things to play with are plastic cups, shampoo bottles, body wash bottles, and empty cetaphil skin cleanser containers. He loves filling them up with water then pouring it out or placing bottles in a cup full of water. I really don't think you need fancy bath toys. The simple things will keep them occupied, at least for a little while!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas12, T also has two water books (made out of puffy plastic) that are cute. Maybe Co would like those!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 1:36:51 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Step2 Naturally Playful Big Folding Slide - $89

This is Amelia's 2nd birthday present. The kid loves slides and I think this will be fun in the house. I also got her a tumbling mat to along with the slide. Holy moly, tumbling mats are expensive, but I've been wanting to get one since I took her to physical therapy.

The slide has great reviews, and I'll come back to review myself once we get it. I like that it folds up and has hardly any assembly. Just a couple of screws to secure the base and that's it. We've been so happy with the Step 2 kitchen, that I decided to stick with their product line.
Received this and LURVE it! Assembly is a piece of cake because there hardly is anything to put together. Just slide on the sides of the base and secure with the two screws. It recommends a power screwdriver, but I had no problems doing it manually (although it is a bit tough to get the screw in at first since you have to get through the plastic - no holes there already).

Amelia is sick with her first fever so she's not in the best mood, but she did enjoy a few trips down the slide today. Thumbs up!

ETA, glad I got the tumbling mat for the base of the slide. Amelia isn't the most coordinated thing around so she slides down and then tumbles forward. Wouldn't be pretty on a hard surface.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I found this Melissa & Doug clock at Macy''s a year ago on clearance for under $5
36.gif
and have been meaning to add it to this thread because Tessa LOVES it! She is OBSESSED with it. I wish I had bought more to give as gifts. It is a great learning toy. Colors, shapes, numbers, telling time, matching...what more could you want?

51bpDXvFaNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal--
Love this thread.
It''s my shopping list.
I''ve already gotten a few items of it! ^.^
Was thinking about the slide and mat too, but am a little hesitant since J is not much of a slider.

Tacori--
Nice find on the clock.
I''ll look for that one.

--------
This is not a toy, but a book.
One of the book that J loves is the Paul Zelinsky''s "the wheels on the bus"

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
and this..it is not the same brand that I have (couldn''t find any pictures of the one I use), but it is VERY similar to this. Mine has the alphabet going around and the numbers from 1 to 10..(plus pics to represent the letters and #s)...i LOVE that he can draw and scribble as much as he wants and if he goes beyond the mat I don''t have to worry as the marker only has water!!

aquadoodle.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 1:32:09 PM
Author: MustangGal
Awesome thread! I''m going to need some more toddler type toys for Kyle soon!

So far Kyle LOVES his Cozy Coupe http://www.littletikes.com/toys/cozy-coupe-30th-anniversary-edition.aspx

I know it''s a bit of a given as far as toys go, but when my MIL gave it to Kyle for x-mas, I thought he might not be old enough for it yet. We put it together a few weeks ago, and it keeps him entertained for like 30 minutes at a time. He climbs in an out, opens and closes the door, and pokes his finger in the gas cap. This new version has a removable floor board, so we can push him down the sidewalk in it until he''s able to move it himself.
A cool article about the Cozy Coupe being one of the few toys these days made in the USA.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35821162/ns/business-us_business/

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
This is not a toy, but we got M a table and chair from Ikea last Sun. She really enjoys sitting at the table drawing or playing. We didn''t get a set; we got the mammuth table (plastic) and the kritter chair (wood). We like the plastic table since it''s light-weight but sturdy. But we thought the chair takes up too much space, so we got the wooden chair.

ikea mammut table.JPG

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
The chair.

ikea kritter chair.JPG

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Kitchen Owners
How often does your LO play with their kitchen? I got the go ahead to get a kitchen for M, but I am still debating whether it''ll be worth the price.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any of these, but I was researching for future purchases (since M puts everything in her mouth and ate/bit on the crayola crayons) and thought you ladies might be interested.

All Natural Products
Wax Crayons
Stockmar Wax Crayons
Crayon Rocks
Clementine Art Natural Soy Crayons
Clementine Art Natural Soy Crayon Rocks

Finger Paints/Paints
bluedominoes Safe Art All Natural, Gluten Free, Naturally Colored Finger Paints
Eco Kids Eco-Fingerpaint
Livos SALIS Natural Hemp Finger Paint
Clementine Art Natural Paint

Playing Doughs
bluedominoes Safe Art Activity Dough - Organic, All Natural, Lead Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Soy Free - Five Pack
Soy-Yer Dough
Eco Kids Eco-Dough
Happy Fun Dough
Mary''s Softdough
Clementine Art Natural Modeling Dough

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 2:43:13 AM
Author: qtiekiki
Kitchen Owners
How often does your LO play with their kitchen? I got the go ahead to get a kitchen for M, but I am still debating whether it''ll be worth the price.
I''d say save the space for a slide.
9.gif

Amelia likes her kitchen, but she plays with it mainly when there are OTHER kids over. It seems like a group activity thing for her. She likes the components of the kitchen (cups, food, spoons) and plays with them every day, but for the actual kitchen itself, not as much. I do think she will play with it more as she gets older, but that remains to be seen.

But *I* like the kitchen and play with it all the time!
3.gif
And it''s a great diversion for the other kids when they come over so that they are kept busy and we moms can have a glass of wine in peace.
11.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 2:43:13 AM
Kitchen Owners

Everyday. She LOVES pretend play so she makes her dolls snacks and she has a little doll highchair. It is pretty cute. My kitchen is not too big and I think totally worth it.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
qtiekiki: let us know what you decide and which kitchen (if you go that route). I''m about to purchase a kitchen too (the same one as Tacori in pink). I like the Step2 one too---we visited a kitchen place for our remodel and they had a play room for the kiddies with step2 kitchen and C was stirring away,hehe.

i think the slide is awesome but we do not have a suitable place for in our house for it + mat,etc.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, which kitchen do you have?

Maybe I''ll just get the utensils, pots and pans, appliances, and food without getting the actual kitchen.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 3:00:26 AM
I don't have any of these, but I was researching for future purchases (since M puts everything in her mouth and ate/bit on the crayola crayons) and thought you ladies might be interested.

All Natural Products
Wax Crayons
Stockmar Wax Crayons
Crayon Rocks
Clementine Art Natural Soy Crayons
Clementine Art Natural Soy Crayon Rocks

Finger Paints/Paints
bluedominoes Safe Art All Natural, Gluten Free, Naturally Colored Finger Paints
Eco Kids Eco-Fingerpaint
Livos SALIS Natural Hemp Finger Paint
Clementine Art Natural Paint

Playing Doughs
bluedominoes Safe Art Activity Dough - Organic, All Natural, Lead Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Soy Free - Five Pack
Soy-Yer Dough
Eco Kids Eco-Dough
Happy Fun Dough
Mary's Softdough
Clementine Art Natural Modeling Dough
My sons love beeswax wax crayons! We have both the Lyra chubby sticks and the blocks. I purchased this art caddy and it keeps all our art supplies organized and definitely worth the price.
www.magiccabin.com/product.asp?section_id=2008&department=1201&search_type=category&search_value=3103&cm_val=&cm_pos=&cur_index=&cm_type=bandept&pcode=628

Magic Cabin is a great site if you are looking for natural toys
1.gif

Nova Naturals is really good too.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi!!
Can you guys recommend a gift for a girl turning 3? ($20 or so)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
How about some classic board games, like Candy Land, Hi Ho Cherry-O, etc? Our 4 and 5 years old nephew love them.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I know a lot of you have mentioned Melissa and Doug toys as a favorite. So, I thought I would share that if you go onto Barnes and Noble online, they are having a big sale on thier M&D toys.

Enjoy!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 11:06:08 AM
Author: dcgator
Hi Ladies,

I know a lot of you have mentioned Melissa and Doug toys as a favorite. So, I thought I would share that if you go onto Barnes and Noble online, they are having a big sale on thier M&D toys.

Enjoy!
dcgator, thanks for letting us know!

I just bought a few things.

For anyone interested, the M&D Shape Sorting Clock is on sale for around $8, Latches Board $14 and I also got the Vehicle Maze Puzzle for $8 since my son LOVES vehicles.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
For you experienced travel mommies, what toys would be good to take on a 3 hour flight with an almost 15 month old?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 4:44:10 PM
Author: MustangGal
For you experienced travel mommies, what toys would be good to take on a 3 hour flight with an almost 15 month old?

DVD player! Books and toys he has not seen before. Snacks. Coloring stuff. I like the color wonder markers since they won''t mark anything but their paper. Hopefully you will also be sitting by some baby lovers. T loves to flirt with strangers.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom totally spoils T. She found this awesome book at Michael''s. It has been great for car rides and air planes. T really like saying the shapes and moving the magnets around on the pages.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Tacori - I have the freaky 14 month old is not interested AT ALL in the TV! He doesn't watch anything, even when we have it on. Which sucks because I could have borrowed a DVD player, and we even have kids movies. I'll have to get that book though, it looks great!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Here's one from me & Daisy...

vTech First Steps Baby Walker

We bought this for D at Christmas - she was 7 months old and able to pull-up and cruise - and she loves it. She plays with it everyday and it's been a huge hit.

Downsides are that the music drives you nuts after a few months and she is now superfast and drives it into walls, furniture etc at high-speed.

However, it doesn't tip over, folds down easily for travelling and doesn't go through batteries - we're still on the first set and she uses it a lot everyday. The front panel also comes off, so if they're not standing they can play with it on the floor.

first_steps_baby_walker_.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a review for the Step 2 buggy $44.

I decided to get this one vs the Cozy Coupe (even though the made in USA was a big draw) because I read that it takes awhile to assemble the Coupe. I''m tired of assembling things! The Step 2 buggy was easy to assemble...TGuy did it in about 15 minutes and is easy to push. I also have a tall girl on my hands and was concerned she''d be too tall for the coupe (even though the thing looks pretty tall for the photos). However she is almost too big for the Step 2 buggy as well, with her knees bunched up against the wheel.

She does love it and I think it''s fun to push her to the park. It''s probably not going to be a toy we use for a long time, but my mom wanted to buy her a bday present and this is what she chose to get Amelia.

51BHjVXpTeL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results