shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT The 7 stone ring of my dreams.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring represents crossing something major off my 'want to have in my collection' list. I've ummed and ahhed and gone back and forth about this for, literally, years - and it's finally done!

It's a tapered 7 stone ring by DKJ - 2 x .16, 2 x .26, 2 x .41, 1 x .63. When they're all on the scale together, they come to precisely 2.3ctw. The stones are all h&a quality, and they're all E VS1/2. It's set in platinum.

The ring was made by DKJ's new uber bench and he is AWESOME. Although the ring was cast, he had it made extra chunky (you'd never know it from looking at it, would you?!) and hand carved the band till it was the elegant shape it is now. I had also originally wanted claw prongs, but I actually think these show less metal, and this ring is aaaaaall about the diamonds!

It's comfort fit, rounded on the underside, and should be very comfortable to wear. I had the sides closed in so it had as few gaps as possible as I want the ring to be a work horse and to wear well. So far I only have the video, but I'll be adding photos when I have it in my hand. Yay!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful - love the shank and can't wait to see handshots! Congrats on crossing something important off of your list - enjoy all the sparkles and please share lots of pictures with us!!

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
Ooooo, pretty. I like that it is tapered and a little different than the standard 5 stone.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Major blingasm!!! Congratulations mrs-b!!! It is beautiful. Another wonderful addition to your fabulous collection.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!:love: Cannot wait to see more of this beauty.:appl: Congratulations!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy smokes! Perfection! I can't wait to see more pics of it when you get it!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just lovely, and such a wearable setting.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful! Can't wait for the pictures!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh graduated multi-stones have a special place in my heart - your gradient is perfect ::)

I laughed out loud - if that's "chunky", well... :mrgreen: It looks beautifully made and finished and the pinched shank is a lovely detail ::)

Looking forward to seeing more pictures when she's home!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great. Can't wait to see shots on your hand.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your lovely comments!

MGR - look out for the flood of photos coming on FRIDAY! Woooot!

Thanks, LawmaLlama! I wanted something slightly softer feeling - something that worked with my finger a little more organically, so went with the tapered look; I'm VERY happy with this!

LLJsmom - Thank you for your very kind comments about my collection - I'm really working on it! Five pieces still to go.....

Thanks, Missy! I cannot WAIT to have it on my hand. I'm considering getting a plain 2mm platinum band to wear with it - your thoughts on this? Do you think this could work in the e-ring category?

Rainydaze - HA! YOU should talk about perfection! Every time I see that rose gold and platinum piece of perfection in your profile photo I go a little bit nutty! Looooove your ring, bling-sista!

Austina - thank you! I was really after bling + wearability, y'know? I've owned pieces that have been so uncomfortable - never again!

Thanks alene - I can't wait either! :D

Aaaahhh - thank you for noticing the gradient specifically, yssie! Each stone is .7mm smaller than the one next to it, and the ctw of each stone, compared to the next largest, is as close to 60% as I could reasonably get it. I had to allow also for depth, and how that affected spread, but I chose these stones with SUCH deliberation - it's lovely that someone has picked up on its smooth taper.

luv2sparkle - thanks so much! As well as a plain platinum band, I'm also considering wearing it with my plain rose gold band. I love the rose gold + diamond combo!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaahhh - thank you for noticing the gradient specifically, yssie! Each stone is .7mm smaller than the one next to it, and the ctw of each stone, compared to the next largest, is as close to 60% as I could reasonably get it. I had to allow also for depth, and how that affected spread, but I chose these stones with SUCH deliberation - it's lovely that someone has picked up on its smooth taper.

I love this :praise: Goodness knows I'm the same way with jewellery - painfully exacting about details I'm reasonably confident very few others would either notice or care about, but that absolutely make the piece for me 8-)

It looks like the metal of the basket walls extends all the way to the girdle edge - is that the case? If so was that a deliberate choice? I'm curious because I'm having an eternity made right now as well, and one of the discussion points was how far "out" toward the edges of the girdle the gallery metal should extend... so I've been hoarding side shots of bands recently ::)

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see a picture of it on, very pretty!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful creation. I don't think I've ever seen a tapered five stone ring and I love it! It really softens the whole ring yet draws attention to it too in a very nice way. Looking forward to more photos!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful 7 stone!!! Craftsmanship is out of this world! So excited to see hand shots!!! Congrats to you!!!:love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, this is stunning! Can't wait to see hand shots!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this :praise: Goodness knows I'm the same way with jewellery - painfully exacting about details I'm reasonably confident very few others would either notice or care about, but that absolutely make the piece for me 8-)

It looks like the metal of the basket walls extends all the way to the girdle edge - is that the case? If so was that a deliberate choice? I'm curious because I'm having an eternity made right now as well, and one of the discussion points was how far "out" toward the edges of the girdle the gallery metal should extend... so I've been hoarding side shots of bands recently ::)

Too funny! This is a big thing for me, because I like stones to sit IN their baskets - not on them. The baskets don't go all the way up to the girdle of the stones, but close (ie hard underneath the girdle). For me, this is part of good 'fit'. It doesn't seem to matter to a lot of people, but visually, it makes a huge difference to how well made it appears to my eye. Too many stock settings with stones crammed into them....

I'll look forward (very much!) to seeing what your eternity is like! I have a few different ones, but none of them is huge (largest is 2.7ctw) because I dislike the 'can't close my fingers' look. On the other hand, tho, early next year I'm doing a 7ctw 3 stone ring, so I figure that makes up for it! The joy of having large fingers!

If you're a stickler for detail - and I know that you're very particular about your jewelry - I think you've fallen into the right hands if you're staying with EW for your new piece - she has an amazing eye for detail and her work, as you know, is precise; your earrings, for example, are sublime.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is beautiful!:love: Like Yssie, I have a true appreciation for the planning that went into getting the proportions just right! The ring is beautifully made, too! Can't wait to see hand shots!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous! :love:

All the details concerning the stone sizes, comfort and styling of the setting are what make it so stunning! It certainly looks like it can take everyday wear, while having a graceful and elegant appearance. You and David Klass did a great job!

Lots of us will be eagerly watching this thread for lots of photos!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Geargirly - thanks for your kind comments!

ILikeShiny - there's a few tapered 5 stone rings about. But mine is a 7 stone ring, and I do hope you'll like it as much when you see the final photos!

Thanks, Zesty! I'm still considering claws, but we'll see where I end up.

Thanks, Alex. :) I'm really liking it! I should get it tomorrow, so more photos will be forthcoming. :love:

Thank you, DS. You know how much I value your opinion; you're my go-to girl for quality control!!

December-fire - thank you! I really wanted it to be comfy, and for it to wear well as an every day ring. It arrives tomorrow! (Gaaaaahhhh!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Missy! I cannot WAIT to have it on my hand. I'm considering getting a plain 2mm platinum band to wear with it - your thoughts on this? Do you think this could work in the e-ring category?

I think it would look great and could definitely work in the ER category. Classic and elegant and beautiful. What is the width of the band of your 7 stone?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would look great and could definitely work in the ER category. Classic and elegant and beautiful. What is the width of the band of your 7 stone?

Missy - it occurs to me now, of course, that I never confirmed this. I requested 2-2.2mm, tapering to less than 1.5 at the front (the band is much deeper at the front, tho, so the thinner width is fine for me).

e-wedding bands (who I love) are having a mother's day sale, so I might try to jump in on that. Ideally, I'd like their 3mm ring; I have 2 rings already in that same style - heavy comfort fit, 2.3mm thick - one in yellow and one in rose. I wear one of them every day and they have great presence on the hand - the extra thickness makes for such a substantial looking ring without being clunky. Their 3mm in platinum, tho, is only 2mm thick, and their 2mm is only 1.85 thick. I'm pretty anal retentive about outer circumferences lining up, so, altho I'd prefer the 3mm ring, I think I'll have to go with the 2mm, since I think regular DKJ thickness is 1.8mm. I'd love to be able to wear this as a full set, tho, so I'll probably give the 2mm a go and see how it looks and hope for the best.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, Mrs B. Look fwd to seeing more pics!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful mrsb!!! You continue to add to your already perfect collection!! :love::love::love::love: Can't wait to see more pics when you get her!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, ac117 - My collection has taken shape a lot over recent years and its expansion is drawing to a close. In about 2 years, I'm looking forward to posting family shots!

Phoenix - thanks for your kind comment. A new video is below and I take receipt of the ring this evening, so a flood of photos coming forthwith!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I ummed and ahhed and in the end decided - claws! Amy told me it was structurally possible and that there was enough metal to work with safely, so the switch was made in double quick time and I was sent the video this afternoon.

And here it is! Looking forward to receiving it this evening. :D

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! The pictures, as ever, don't do this ring justice. It's WHITE, comfortable, elegant and secure. The flow over the finger is so satisfying; it goes aaaaaaaallll the way! It has the feel of a 5 or 7 stone ring, but with a focal point in the center.

Most of all, it's beautifully made; there's real craftsmanship in this ring. At this point in my life I consider myself to be discerning where jewelry is concerned, and pretty darned picky! This definitely passes the macro test.

SO pleased! Many thanks to David, Amy, and their AWESOME new bench!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-b, its stunning! :love:

I love the claws! Of course, its not easy to see them, they're so subtle and disappear amongst the beautiful diamonds!

Your photos are lovely, but we need more! Would you mind sharing a perspective shot? I can imagine the presence of this gorgeous ring, even at a distance. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results