shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT The 7 stone ring of my dreams.

Q

Queenie60

Absolutely beautiful - just like everything you own. Enjoy wearing it.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love your 7 stone, I like that it wraps around your finger, well done!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-b, it's GORGEOUS!! Please give us lots more pics of that beauty!!! Love the claw prongs, they just disappear but when you look close and find one, it's so pretty.

And thank you for your kind words about my own ring! I had the same hope for it that you had for your seven stone - that it would be a well-made, comfortable piece I could wear every day, without worry, and it is!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-b, its stunning! :love:

I love the claws! Of course, its not easy to see them, they're so subtle and disappear amongst the beautiful diamonds!

Your photos are lovely, but we need more! Would you mind sharing a perspective shot? I can imagine the presence of this gorgeous ring, even at a distance. :appl:

Hi december-fire :)

Here's a few shots I took this morning while lying in bed and fiddling around with my phone. They're kind of repetitive and not the best quality, but it's the best I can do for perspective.

I hope this does the trick!

20170512_062923_resized.jpg

20170512_062933_resized.jpg

20170512_063033_resized.jpg

20170512_063016_resized.jpg

Last edited:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Thank you!

I love the subtle gradient; the sizes you choose are wonderful. Not an easy feat.

I'm sure you know that we love lots of photos, so no such thing as 'repetitive'. :))

Enjoy your gorgeous ring!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Queenie - I'm trying! :) I'm currently having some pearls restrung and I also want to reset my flower pendant so it goes better with my other cluster pieces (I decided to have the bezel removed and to switch out the center stone), but that's down the track a little way yet...

Hi JLW05 - Thank you! 'Stunning' is always good. :)

lknvrb4 - I'm so glad you can see that in photos - I really wanted it to follow the curve of my finger and to have a wrapped appearance rather than a 'flat' appearance. It was the main reason I went with 7 stones instead of 5. I love that 'diamonds all the way' appearance. And what girl doesn't?! :D

rainydaze - your DK ring will always be on my hit list of favorite PS rings. I go back to DKJ's instagram regularly to look at photos; I mean - that engraving!...my word!...that ENGRAVING!!

Thanks december-fire. :wavey:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Mrs B.... This is heavenly on you! The diamond proportions, the size, finger coverage, elegance - the list goes on! :love:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that's some hand presence! Spectacular ring ms-b!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even more spectacular on!!! :appl::appl::appl::love::love::love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Alex - I fall increasingly in love with it on an hour-by-hour basis. It is SO WHITE! Reminded me again why I like white diamonds (I like warm diamonds, also, but this just reminded me why I like the very white ones!)

Hey Bonfire! Yes, it has lovely presence, and when you have 'fingers, size a million' presence is not so easily come by! I love its proportions.

ac117 - sure is! I've been wearing it with my heavy rose gold band from e-wedding bands. I'm telling you - diamonds and rose gold were meant for each other!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to add - I'm thinking about having it re-set at some point and adding 10 point stones beyond the 16 point stones...then carrying them all the way around the back so it's a full eternity.

How horrible for me, right? :D

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I'm out of control. Here's a few photos I took this morning of different combos. The photo of the 7 stone with the rose gold band reminds me a lot of Niel's 5 stone and Trinity ring. Since I adored that combo, this works for me! :D

20170513_095515_resized.jpg

20170513_095447_resized.jpg

20170513_095231_resized.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness those redone prongs :love: elegant, refined shared prongs are such a treat!! They did an absolutely marvellous job - the indented V separating each side of the prong, the tips that reach just far enough but not too far... Gorgeous!!!

It looks beautiful on you - congratulations! I hope you enjoy it for many many years ::) I'm loving it paired with the plain RG band - very much like Niel's combo which I also loved 8-)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness those redone prongs :love: elegant, refined shared prongs are such a treat!! They did an absolutely marvellous job - the indented V separating each side of the prong, the tips that reach just far enough but not too far... Gorgeous!!!

It looks beautiful on you - congratulations! I hope you enjoy it for many many years ::) I'm loving it paired with the plain RG band - very much like Niel's combo which I also loved 8-)

Seriously Yssie - we must be bling sistas! You saw my comment about Niel's combo? And then Tekate's trellis ring where we made an almost identical, quite obscure, comment. And there was one other comment we both made recently - again, almost identical... I think we must have a similar 'eye' when it comes to jewelry, and consequently see the same things about jewelry.

And I have to admit, I emailed back and forth a few times with Niel about her set - it was all sorts of useful. :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man its got to be a sparkle monster out in the world! I love love love it with the plain rose gold band. It's so lux and effortless. It does remind me of mine, probably why I love it so. That is absolutely an everyday ring that somehow combines subtlety and "look at me!"

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man its got to be a sparkle monster out in the world! I love love love it with the plain rose gold band. It's so lux and effortless. It does remind me of mine, probably why I love it so. That is absolutely an everyday ring that somehow combines subtlety and "look at me!"

Yesssss! You absolutely nailed it! That's exactly what I was looking for, and there's no doubt your ring worked as my inspiration! Thank you for your help with this, Niel, and for the emails you so kindly exchanged with me. I told DKJ when they made it that I wanted 'a workhorse' - an elegant, classy, beautifully made workhorse, but a workhorse nonetheless. I think that's exactly what I got. Very happy with how it all turned out, and thank you again!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO pretty! You made an excellent choice! Totally enjoy wearing it!!!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!, Congrats!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out to be a gorgeous ring! I love the proportions too and the curved feel that you created.

Another beautiful ring to add to your collection - well done!!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! Looks so good on you. :love:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new pics!! I could look at your ring all day, every day!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks great on your hand alone or stacked with other bands!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
I assume you sourced the stones yourself? They are beautiful. Did they come from one vendor, if you don't mind sharing that info?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty! Yes, we need more finger pics!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, motownmama! I'm getting a real kick out of it at the moment, and it seems to find its way onto my finger most days. :)

Thanks, DF!

Hi MGR :wavey: I love the curve to it - in fact, that's my favorite part. I love that, no matter how I turn my finger, you see sparkle. Satisfies something in my bling-loving soul, I think!

Thanks, SandyK! I am not a fan of my hands, so anything that looks half-way decent is fine by me!

So funny, rainydaze - I have been obsessed with your new ring since I first saw it! We need to meet for coffee, switch rings, stare for an hour or so, give them back, then go to our respective homes! Can you imagine how that would look to anyone else?! :D

Thanks, Alene. :) I've been wearing it predominantly with the rose gold ring. I don't have a similar platinum ring, tho as a stand-in I just ordered a palladium band of the same proportions as the rose gold one. I love thick bands - I like feeling REALLY married.

Hi JLW05! Yes, they all came from BN, except for the 2 end ones, which David Klass sourced for me. I was in there on the weekend and he was showing me some of his personal collection - hoooooly moly!! Mine are all H&A, E SI1, VS2 or VS1 - mostly VS2. David's are of the same specs and have obvious hearts and arrows throughout. BN is perfect for sourcing stones like this - they're reliable, and if you know what you want, you can find almost anything you want in their selection of rb's. I wouldn't do anything else with them, tho their signature cushions are very good. But round brilliants are where they really come into their own, and I see myself staying with them in general over the long haul.

Hi tyty333! MORE finger pictures? I posted FIVE! For someone who hates hand shots as much as I do, five is torture!!!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolute perfection! Classic and timeless.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, perfect stone proportions and the prongs are beautifully done too!!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh I LOVE it. Love the graduation, and the setting is so beautiful but also low. One of my favorites!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, lambskin! 'Classic' is always my favorite compliment!!

Thanks, Arkie :) I think the proportions are pretty close, tho I've started obsessing that the center stone needs to be .2mm smaller for the graduation to be perfect. First world problems, I know, but even so....

partgypsy - I LOVE low rings! It was part of what I definitely wanted this ring to be. Totally wearable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results