shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT The 7 stone ring of my dreams.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Mrs-B! Another stunner! What a beautifully crafted ring. DK nailed it! I love the graduation in stone size and the fluid setting! It looks perfect on you! Enjoy!:love::love::love:

I especially love it alone or with your paired with your plain gold band.

I always look forward to seeing your creations!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Crystal! I was hoping you might see it. I love your collection and enjoy, very much, sharing mine with you!

Hope all is well in your world. :)

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so want one of these! Talk about bling!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Whoa mama!!! It's stunning.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is a stunner! Great choices and design! Everything is perfection!

erislynn

Shiny_Rock
That is perfection, mrs-b! Thank you for posting these beautiful photos. I've been looking all over PS for inspiration for an everyday ring, and yours has such graceful proportions. Do you mind sharing about the comfort of the ring between your fingers?

If you're looking for a high-domed, non-custom 2mm band, I just bought BGD's comfort fit band in plat. It's the only one I could find at 2.25mm high. I love it when the height of my rings lines up too!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. Please post 1,000 more pics. I promise, no one is looking at your hand!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So funny, rainydaze - I have been obsessed with your new ring since I first saw it! We need to meet for coffee, switch rings, stare for an hour or so, give them back, then go to our respective homes! Can you imagine how that would look to anyone else?! :D

You're on!! You won't be upset if I sneak out the back with yours, though, right?! :whistle::saint:;-)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala - I saw you're thinking about a new 5-stone! But I loooove your 3 stone!! Either way, I hope you get something you love!

Rosebloom - that made me laugh! :) I'm glad you like it!

Hi apacherose - nice to see you! :wavey: Thanks for your kind comments.

Erislynn - if you're looking for an every day ring with oomph - this is certainly the one! It's super comfy between the fingers and is so easy to wear. I have to be honest, tho - I've already spoken to DKJ about remaking it and continuing 10 pt stones right around the back, so it's a full-bling eternity. There's no end to this, is there?!

Hallo liaerfbv :) I can't think of ANY more photos anyone would want to see! I think I've covered all angles! I'm glad you like it, tho - I think it's very pretty and am very proud to own it.

rainydaze - you can sneak out with mine...if I can sneak out with yours!! :angel:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww - thanks, Judy! Me toooo! :)

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The amount of times I've come back to this thread to look at your pics is slightly embarrassing. I'm not even a mrb lover! What is happening to me?! It's that perfect.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my, this ring is perfection! Love it! As always, you have such gorgeous pieces! :love::wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, liaerfbv! I love it, too. It's *so* easy to wear and looks both dressy and casual at the same time. And I'm REALLY enjoying having something soooo white and clean on my finger!

Thank you, acaw :) :wavey: All of my pieces seem to develop over years of reading and looking and slowly, slowly buying. Then suddenly I find I have all the 'bits' I need and we're off to the races! I have a few pieces to go, but only one big one. Roll on, March 2018! (March is work bonus month, needless to say!)

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!! I thought I had already left a comment but apparently I just stared at the pictures. But did I just read that you are making this a full on eternity? What size are the end diamonds? Then 10 pointers all the way around? This is gong to be amazing!!! Is the order already in?

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Mrs b it is a beautiful ring! Love how it wraps around your finger

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @hathalove :)

I might make it a full eternity at some point, and have already spoken to David about it. if I do, it will probably have 10 pointers all the way around, and the current end stones are 16 points each. But I actually like the differentiation between diamonds and band, so I'm not sure. I also already have a few eternities (tho nothing like this one would be) so I'm not dying for an extra one. So we'll see. It's a terrific ring as is, so I'm a bit loath to mess with it.

Hi @kalmen22 :wavey:

Thanks for your kind comments. 'Wrapping around my finger' was definitely the plan, so I'm glad it appears as tho it does. I'm enjoying it a great deal.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I think I mentioned earlier that I had a sense that the middle stone was larger than I hoped. Being the stone closest to my eye - a thing for which I hadn't allowed - it made the middle diamond seem far larger than the others, even allowing for taper. So I decided to switch it out, and back to DKJ it went.

They contacted me and said "there's a cloud in this diamond - we think you're not going to like it" - but I said to go ahead, set it, and ship it to me anyway. Well, they were right; it did have a cloud in it and I didn't like it. So I returned the stone to BN and got a replacement. DKJ set *that* one for me - and third time's the charm! It arrived a couple of hours ago - yay!

You can perhaps tell that, when taking these photos, I was wearing an orchid colored top! :) The photos are poor, as it's very overcast today. But I hope they're good enough to give a general idea. 20170831_133334_resized.jpg 20170831_133322_resized.jpg

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And 2 more.

20170831_133246_resized.jpg

20170831_133646_resized.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-b, I very much like the scale of the new new center stone compared to the initial stone. It seems to flow very well into the adjacent stones. What size is the new center (compared to the original)?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-b, I very much like the scale of the new new center stone compared to the initial stone. It seems to flow very well into the adjacent stones. What size is the new center (compared to the original)?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hallo Lookinagain!

The original one was .63ct. I did a .7mm decrease from each stone to the next. Each stone was also .6 x the larger stone next to it. What I learnt was - if you do that - you end up with a shape that looks like a trapezium - ie kite shaped, and pointy in the middle, which is about as far from 'flowy' as you can get. So I dropped it to a .51ct, which was only a difference of a little under .4mm from the stones on either side, which were .4ct each. Now it looks far more flowy and, for reasons I don't understand - it looks like a more even graduation - which, of course, it isn't! I can only think it's a parallax error sort of thing.
All the stones are now E VS1 or 2, and utterly eye clean!

Last edited:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hallo Lookinagain!

The original one was .63ct. I did a .7mm decrease from each stone to the next. Each stone was also .6 x the larger stone next to it. What I learnt was - if you do that - you end up with a shape that looks like a trapezium - ie kite shaped, and pointy in the middle, which is about as far from 'flowy' as you can get. So I dropped it to a .51ct, which was only a difference of a little under .4mm from the stones on either side, which were .4ct each. Now it looks far more flowy and, for reasons I don't understand - it looks like a more even graduation - which, of course, it isn't! I can only think it's a parallax error sort of thing.
All the stones are now E VS1 or 2, and utterly eye clean!

Well, whatever the reason, it looks beautiful and I do prefer the "flow"!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please join me in congratulating @mrs-b, this has been featured for Throwback Thursday! :kiss2: TBT 3.9.23

Oh my! Thank you so much! This ring is now adorning the hand of another lovely PSer and looks even better on her than it did on me. ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results