shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW The 5+ carat ring thread.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excited to post here! This is my new 5.01 GIA K/VS2 antique cushion in a platinum LM-inspired halo with F/G single cut melee and lovely double claw prongs. Measures 11.14 x 10.32 x 5.42 mm with faint fluorescence. Size 7 finger. I’m in love with the creamy color and the big, chunky facets. The diamond is quite the chameleon and plays up so many rainbow colors depending on the lighting and surroundings.

Here’s my original thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5ct-antique-cushion-halo-decision-to-make.240765/

AA93778D-FDAA-4A15-928E-9FE4C59A8A85.png
E290D83A-2CD3-4E56-802A-5E49A40327BA.jpeg
317EAAD2-4B9B-472A-A7C7-360768DFDACE.jpeg FF8A4917-1CB0-4ECE-A744-38F768ED5D7F.jpeg 51CB72A4-2EE4-4FE7-A114-CA37DB950EE0.jpeg

My second favorite cuts are Antique Cushions!!!

1DE34AE8-9494-4271-A7DC-F8C6AF68F26D.jpeg

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
Omg. Dreams really do come true. Lol. Beautiful beautiful ring ladies absolutely beautiful. Congratulations to you all

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg. Dreams really do come true. Lol. Beautiful beautiful ring ladies absolutely beautiful. Congratulations to you all

Totally agree!!
*Thread Jack* did you ever resolve the issue with your marquise? I see you have it posted as your Avatar, but I was wondering the outcome....

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
Yes I did. I accepted the 1.10 carat VVS2 GIA certified diamond. Also it was also certified on the actual date of my 10th anniversary 4-19-18. I am happy with her. I will never trade her. Thank you for asking. I did receive extra goodies for all the stress. :appl: You live and learn. And hopefully learn from your mistakes. Which I definitely did.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I did. I accepted the 1.10 carat VVS2 GIA certified diamond. Also it was also certified on the actual date of my 10th anniversary 4-19-18. I am happy with her. I will never trade her. Thank you for asking. I did receive extra goodies for all the stress. :appl: You live and learn. And hopefully learn from your mistakes. Which I definitely did.

So glad you are in a better place!! It’s beautiful!!! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope it is OK to share my over 5 carat rings.
While Bubbalah is a 4.93 OEC technically the ring is well over 5 carats.

From this past autumn
bubbalahbeachandgreen.jpg

and my Cartier Black Opal from this past winter... she is I believe 5.91 carats (not including the diamonds in the halo which are over 1 carat) so here she is.

blackopalmarch2019.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

From this past autumn

and my Cartier Black Opal from this past winter... she is I believe 5.91 carats (not including the diamonds in the halo which are over 1 carat) so here she is.

blackopalmarch2019.png

I honestly believe that this is the PS killer combo. As a pair of rings owned by the one person, this is the knock out punch, in my opinion.

There are a lot of gorgeous - dare I say it - equally gorgeous rings on PS. But as a combo? The size, class and quality of this pairing is just past measuring.

These are fantasy rings.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy, @mrs-b

The be-all might not be one ring, but two - sun in winter, ice in summer ...

One - if one of a pair.

digressing - along the way of my thesis I came accross this saying: 'Paradox is good'

mermaid

Rough_Rock

From this past autumn

blackopalmarch2019.png

Both are Sooooo beautiful, and they look elegant on your hand! I love that Bubbalah, most especially. Drooling is not enough. :D

mermaid

Rough_Rock

I'm sorry. I know I'm not supposed to copy someone else's homework, but I'm a bad girl and ever since I saw this ring here on P.S. I'm shamefully making plans to one day make her evil twin! ;D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly believe that this is the PS killer combo. As a pair of rings owned by the one person, this is the knock out punch, in my opinion.

There are a lot of gorgeous - dare I say it - equally gorgeous rings on PS. But as a combo? The size, class and quality of this pairing is just past measuring.

These are fantasy rings.

Thank you @mrs-b. And may I say you have quite the drool-worthy bling collection yourself. :love:

Both are Sooooo beautiful, and they look elegant on your hand! I love that Bubbalah, most especially. Drooling is not enough. :D

Thank you very much @mermaid.
742469s3709nw4fb.gif

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, @mrs-b

The be-all might not be one ring, but two - sun in winter, ice in summer ...

One - if one of a pair.

digressing - along the way of my thesis I came accross this saying: 'Paradox is good'
Threadjack: @AV_ i can’t tell if you’re quoting poetry or if these are your own comments. But you sound like a poet to me. And a truer description of @missy ’s Rings I cannot find.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@LLJsmom oooh.... BLUSH!

I am also talking about what I want: two rings - thinking through what I wish (fun & oddly intense - like they say of tattoos sometime, that they are the person) came to this sort of conclusion & it looks like I am not alone in wishing things in strictly non matching pairs (unless @missy does STACK those two - somehow ,) )

attempted humour

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

From this past autumn

blackopalmarch2019.png
Love this!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom oooh.... BLUSH!

I am also talking about what I want: two rings - thinking through what I wish (fun & oddly intense - like they say of tattoos sometime, that they are the person) came to this sort of conclusion & it looks like I am not alone in wishing things in strictly non matching pairs (unless @missy does STACK those two - somehow ,) )

attempted humour

Here you go @AV_ 8)
Bubbalah and Black opal stacked on ring finger as requested...:bigsmile:

ringsgalore.jpg

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza! Those are some big, beautiful rings. I think they must be even more distracting than the 3 carat rings ;~) glad to see some colored stones and thank you for sharing!

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
Could I ask what the specs on for your OEC? I am very interested in getting a flowery, sparkly OEC for my 20th. . . would love to know what kind of specs I should be looking for. . .

Thanks @missy !
From this past autumn

blackopalmarch2019.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@eesmom Hi! I can see your question embedded in Missy's quoted post and hopefully she will see it! However, I think she will tell you that you cannot choose an OEC by specs. You have to look at many stones sometimes for a long time to find a fabulous facet pattern like Missy's. Check out Old World Diamonds, Jewels by Grace, and Love Affair Diamonds as they all will show close up shots of facet patterns.

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
I’ve posted before but so fun to post again!! 6.33 carat center stone with another 2+ on the sides!

Attachments

• BFD05127-F577-426C-BA6A-40E84D179E75.jpeg
    BFD05127-F577-426C-BA6A-40E84D179E75.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 124

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve posted before but so fun to post again!! 6.33 carat center stone with another 2+ on the sides!

Stunning.:love: And it looks amazing on your hand. Truly gorgeous.:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results