shape
carat
color
clarity

That One Perfect ER Style ...

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
To all of you ER upgraders out there, like myself, is there ONE style you keep going back to for your MAIN ring? I know we probably all switch around a bit, but which style you absolutely can't live without. (Of course pictures are welcome!)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and simple setting. For me, that is a three stone without embellishment. Bands can dress up or down. Doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate other styles as some are very beautiful, but for me less is better.

Attachments

• 7EEE05A3-34F0-4A75-8492-B821BA2CA439.jpeg
    7EEE05A3-34F0-4A75-8492-B821BA2CA439.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Solitaire with a floral motif basket. I went for an ever-so-slightly different look for my temp setting and I’m glad I tested it first.

Sounds lovely!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful diamond and simple setting. For me, that is a three stone without embellishment. Bands can dress up or down. Doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate other styles as some are very beautiful, but for me less is better.

@MrsGotRocks my goodness, I almost drool looking at yours every.single.time!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
@MrsGotRocks my goodness, I almost drool looking at yours every.single.time!

MissGotRocks, yours is perfect. I love the ratio and the way it looks on your hand. I've had many three stones through the years. I have learned RB are definitely my favorite. I'm also loving the plain solitaire.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean, lambskin pics when you have time :)

I actually don’t have a current ring with the setting style, but here’s my previous e-ring (I’ve since dismantled it and sold the stone, but will probably but a sapphire in it eventually)

MeganShannon11

Shiny_Rock
I originally had a solitaire with pave band for my cushion cut stone. Now, it is in a DK halo which I love. But I am dreaming of a 3 stone or 5 stone (probably with rounds and/or pears) with a plain shank. Would love to go that way with lab stones as a future anniversary ring, but I won’t reset my original cushion.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A classic & clean solitaire with the best diamond you can afford.

I am on my third ring (same husband) & started with a princess cut cluster, which was quite fussy. When it became damaged about 11 years ago, we pushed the boat out & bought a beautiful 1ct pear, D VS1. I adored it & I still have it waiting for a RH re-set one day. When our financial situation changed in 2021, we went the whole hog & bought my dream Tiffany classic MRB, which is 1.72ct, F VS1. It could have been bigger from elsewhere, but as many on here know, i have wanted THIS ring FOREVER. It’s a dream come true & I will never replace it. The cut is amazing & it’s a complete disco ball in all lighting. I have a size 5.25 finger, so it’s plenty big enough.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 stone and 5 stones are my absolute favourite. All I wanted when DH and I got engaged was a 3 stone with RBs. I wore it for years and loved it, and reset it into a 5 stone for our tenth wedding anniersary. The 5 stone is definitely my forever setting, I love the finger coverage!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Air gap/line halo in different design.

I don't have an ER, however, this is my 1.19ct EC in its forever home.

I lusted this setting for years, and finally had the means to reset it in 2020.

I have other air gap/line halo rings with CSs.

DK :))

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks, yours is perfect. I love the ratio and the way it looks on your hand. I've had many three stones through the years. I have learned RB are definitely my favorite. I'm also loving the plain solitaire.

Thanks! If not a three stone, then a plain solitaire would be up next on my list. Beautiful, timeless and classic! Good luck to you with your reset plans!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I don't think that one exists for me. I have diamond halo rings, metal frame halo, three stones, a five stone, bezels before (single and three stone) and solitaire. I have never had a totally plain solitaire, the one that I have now has a little bit of design to it. I never stick with anything as the baseline ring. For daily wear, I actually just prefer bands, I guess?

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
I originally had a solitaire with pave band for my cushion cut stone. Now, it is in a DK halo which I love. But I am dreaming of a 3 stone or 5 stone (probably with rounds and/or pears) with a plain shank. Would love to go that way with lab stones as a future anniversary ring, but I won’t reset my original cushion.

@MeganShannon11, It sounds beautiful, and no reason to change what you love!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
A classic & clean solitaire with the best diamond you can afford.

I am on my third ring (same husband) & started with a princess cut cluster, which was quite fussy. When it became damaged about 11 years ago, we pushed the boat out & bought a beautiful 1ct pear, D VS1. I adored it & I still have it waiting for a RH re-set one day. When our financial situation changed in 2021, we went the whole hog & bought my dream Tiffany classic MRB, which is 1.72ct, F VS1. It could have been bigger from elsewhere, but as many on here know, i have wanted THIS ring FOREVER. It’s a dream come true & I will never replace it. The cut is amazing & it’s a complete disco ball in all lighting. I have a size 5.25 finger, so it’s plenty big enough.

@Ally T, can you direct me to your post with your beautiful Tiffany Solitaire? I would also love to see you colorless pear!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think that one exists for me. I have diamond halo rings, metal frame halo, three stones, a five stone, bezels before (single and three stone) and solitaire. I have never had a totally plain solitaire, the one that I have now has a little bit of design to it. I never stick with anything as the baseline ring. For daily wear, I actually just prefer bands, I guess?
@ elizat, This sounds like you are describing me! I have never owned the larger beauties like I see on here. My favorite diamond I've had so far is a .90ct RB with a GIA cert. That colorless-ness and that excellent cut has now spoiled me! I've had it as a solitaire, and two different three stone settings already. Right now it's in the halo in my avatar. I realize I do prefer a more simple look than a halo for me, but I'm loving yellow gold again.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ally T, can you direct me to your post with your beautiful Tiffany Solitaire? I would also love to see you colorless pear!

Sure can! Click my name under my avatar & then click Threads & you‘ll find it. PS has gone into meltdown & won’t let me link this morning. The pear is in there too, but here are some pics:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Diamond is on its third setting, so I don’t know if there is one setting to rule them all for me.
Right now I have a plain platinum six prong solitaire. This is really a first for me. In the past I’ve only ever used plain solitaires as temporary rings until I reset to something else.
I love the simplicity of this new setting so far! The best thing about a simple solitaire is it really matches every band. I always had to think if my band matched my ring when my Diamond was in the other settings.
I’ve kept the other rings in case I need a change. 913023

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results