shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks for the Help - WF Picture

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scoseg

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the all the help:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-buying-advice-another-one-bites-the-dust.86812/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-help-pick-the-perfect-diamond-for-my-budget.87095/

Thought I would post the pictures from WF since the ring is now on the way. This is what my g/f wanted and I would agree that it''s perfect. We''re both pretty simple and classic (not necessarily classy, though
28.gif
)

1.23c, ACA, G, SI1 on WF Tiffany modification (thanks ElaineH!) in platinum.

I plan to rest my knee on a nice hike in Telluride over the 4th of July. Already have some pretty amazing plans for everything (if I do say so myself) but still working out details and arrangements.

Thanks again, all!

ss_ring4.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, what a beautiful ring, congrats!!! What a beautiful place to propose!!! I love Telluride, sooo lovely!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its lovely! Good luck with the proposal!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Simply stunning - can''t beat an ACA in a classic setting. She''s going to love it!!!

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
That''s a gorgeous diamond on a gorgeous setting! Good luck on your plans for July 4th!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful. Can''t wait to see hand shots!
2.gif
9.gif

mom2twogirls

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!!! You know we are all expecting hand shots, right???!
2.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL! You did a great job. An ACA and a classic setting you can''t go wrong there. Congrats!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! There better be a lot of handshots! hehe

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I see arrows
36.gif

She''ll love it!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I love, love, love this setting. Be sure you''re not near a cliff when proposing. She''s liable to faint from that beauty.

shay

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful. You made a fabulous choice!

scoseg

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for all of the encouragement. I''ll post an update after the weekend of the 4th. I pick up the ring today! My coworker who is well versed in shiny diamonds said there is no way I''ll be able to wait until then and I''ll just want to give it to her right away. Hopefully I can hold off a week and a half.

Thanks again to everyone for the help and support!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 10:18:37 AM
Author: scoseg
Thanks so much for all of the encouragement. I''ll post an update after the weekend of the 4th. I pick up the ring today! My coworker who is well versed in shiny diamonds said there is no way I''ll be able to wait until then and I''ll just want to give it to her right away. Hopefully I can hold off a week and a half.

Thanks again to everyone for the help and support!
I look forward to it!! The ring turned out just beautiful.
2.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
What an incredible ring and what an incredible diamond. The ACA will blow you away. I was just with a friend of mine who has a gorgeous 3 carat RB. I finally got to show her my recut *almost* ACA. She couldn''t believe it. She remarked that her diamond simply did not sparkle the way mine does. (Don''t mistake me: her diamond is amazing, but it isn''t cut to those ACA proportions.) I think you will skip down the street once you get the ring in your hands. And the setting is beautiful. PLEASE post lots more pics when you have time. Congratulations!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, that is a stunning ring! Your GF will flip with excitement!! Good luck with the proposal, and please remember to come back with handshots
17.gif

scoseg

Rough_Rock
Thanks again to everyone. Haven''t had much time to get the perfect shots but here is one of the ring on her finger. She absolutely loves it.

Proposal was everything I had planned and well worth all of the work. She couldn''t stop smiling and jumping around for days.

We went to Telluride over the 4th of July. We first fell in love there exactly 5 years ago after taking a 17 hour road trip from Kansas City. We now live in Denver so the 7 hour drive was much easier. Arrived Thursday night, had a nice meal, walked around town. Friday we woke up early and drove the 4WD trail from Telluride to Ouray over Imogene Pass (neither of us are off roaders but this was amazing). Made it to the trail we wanted to hike (Mt. Sneffels - different trail but 5 years ago we hiked the other side of the mountain). Made it up through some snow fields to a rock cropping at about 13,000 ft. Formal proposal (hurt to kneel on rocks) and then made our way down (she was jumping all around and telling the mountains, the snow, and random dogs that she was now engaged).

Told her I had dinner plans. We went back and showered and then drove to the top of Telluride mountain where I had a beautiful house overlooking the mountain set up with catered dinner. Walked in and surprised her again by saying that I''d rented the place out for the night. After dinner we walked down the ski run to watch the fireworks down below. Had groceries there as well so we could make breakfast together in the morning.

Here are pictures from the entire weekend if you''re interested. I decided it best to hang out in a bath robe as much as possible! :)

http://www.alpine9.net/gallery2/v/scott/album87/telluride08/

Thanks again to everyone!

q4523q4asrf.JPG

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW - the ring looks amazing (and huge) on her hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your proposal spot looked amazing! Gorgeous ring!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 11:19:06 AM
Thanks again to everyone. Haven''t had much time to get the perfect shots but here is one of the ring on her finger. She absolutely loves it.

Proposal was everything I had planned and well worth all of the work. She couldn''t stop smiling and jumping around for days.

We went to Telluride over the 4th of July. We first fell in love there exactly 5 years ago after taking a 17 hour road trip from Kansas City. We now live in Denver so the 7 hour drive was much easier. Arrived Thursday night, had a nice meal, walked around town. Friday we woke up early and drove the 4WD trail from Telluride to Ouray over Imogene Pass (neither of us are off roaders but this was amazing). Made it to the trail we wanted to hike (Mt. Sneffels - different trail but 5 years ago we hiked the other side of the mountain). Made it up through some snow fields to a rock cropping at about 13,000 ft. Formal proposal (hurt to kneel on rocks) and then made our way down (she was jumping all around and telling the mountains, the snow, and random dogs that she was now engaged).

Told her I had dinner plans. We went back and showered and then drove to the top of Telluride mountain where I had a beautiful house overlooking the mountain set up with catered dinner. Walked in and surprised her again by saying that I''d rented the place out for the night. After dinner we walked down the ski run to watch the fireworks down below. Had groceries there as well so we could make breakfast together in the morning.

Here are pictures from the entire weekend if you''re interested. I decided it best to hang out in a bath robe as much as possible! :)

Thanks again to everyone!
lol.gif
Love it!

The ring is stunning, and what an awesome job you did, congrats!!
36.gif

p.s. Your link is blank, for me anyway.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yay! Thank you so much for posting pics, I was hoping you would after the engagement!!!! What a stunning ring, and more importantly, a lovely couple!! You are so cute together, I wish you the best of happiness!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is gorgeous and it looks great on her hand. After looking at the pictures from your trip, I realized that you guys actually
resemble each other! You''re both adorable.

Heartfelt congratulations to you both!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is lovely...But how small are her hands?!? That looks gigantic on her finger...lucky tiny fingered women...Hmph!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
A classic solitaire of excellent quality in perfect proportion to her hand, combined with a romantic proposal -- awesome! Oh, and congratulations!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Classic, elegant, and perfect!! I think I like WF''s version of this setting slightly better than tiffs!

scoseg

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the kind words. I purchased a 4.25 which was what the pros determined her finger size was after trying a 4 and a 4.5. Looks like we might have to send it back and get it sized down to a 4. She''s trying to figure it out now.

Got very lucky with weather on the Friday hike. Beautiful day and thunderstorms the next day - perfect for napping and reading! The Telluride area is one of our favorites. Also ran in to some giddy high school girls on the gondola who saw Tom and Katie in town and were very excited to show us the pics from their camera phones.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
it is gorge. I love that setting - and the ACA
31.gif
- WOWO!!!!!!!! Congrats!

smithy617

Rough_Rock
scoseq,

Thats an awesome ring, I just order a 1.22 ACA F SI2 and the classic tiffany setting from WF. I ask them to set the diamond as low as possible.
(Great minds buy alike..ahahahaha)
1.gif

They also gave me a 5% discount (bank wire + PS). The rock looks huge on her fingers...my GF wears a 5.5 so I guess it'll look a little smaller

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 11:54:35 AM
Hmm, I''ll try the link again. Enjoy!

Yay, it worked! Thanks, I love CO, been there a couple times. So I really wanted to see the pics.
5.gif

Your fiance is a doll, and you two make a very cute couple! And I loved the pic of you with the knife and fork in your hand.
9.gif

Congrats again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results