shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Buying Advice - Another One Bites the Dust!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scoseg

Rough_Rock
Hello all. I decided it's time to officially pull myself (and my g/f) off the market. We've had some great discussions and popped into a few shops for her to find out what she likes. Here are the brief stats:

Round cut
1 carat - ??? (larger is fine but guessing other factors are more important that purchasing a huge lump of coal)
Budget: around 10k

Not directly related to the diamond:
Solitaire
Tiffany style setting (confirmed I don't have to actually have the Tiffany brand)
Platinum

I always research things to a point of confusion but for some reason am extremely laid back about this one. I'm comfortable with buying online and some quick recommendations from this site lead me to whiteflash but am open to other options. Just read a post about how great the WF return/upgrade policy was so they stuck.

I've played around with the diamond finding sliding scale at bluenile and can't really come up with what would make the correct combo for my budget. Better clarity, cut, color...

For my first post I was hoping some of you all could pick a diamond off of one of these sites knowing my budget and a few minor details (approx size and shape) and select a diamond with a sentence or two of why you would choose that particular one.

I hope this exercise isn't too big of a request but I know I personally like to help others research nerdy technology type stuff and it's easier for me if they give a few pieces of info and let me run with it.

Thanks in advance!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
This diamond would be sweet!

www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-608072.htm

with this Tiffany-like setting

www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Classic-tiffany-style-Knife-Edge_1137.htm

The G VS2 hearts and arrows diamond would be about as sparkly as you can get. You could always drop in color and clarity to get a larger diamond.

Good Luck
35.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Hi Scoseg :) welcome to PS :)

I did a quick search for you using the Pricescope your diamond tool at the top of the page and came up with a few different contenders for you to look at in varying colour/clarity combo's. Depending on what colour and clarity combo you are after will determine the final size :). The diamonds below range between G-I colour and VS1-SI1 in clarity.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4447/

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-636635.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-273573.htm

For the tiffany setting the one listed below is meant to be fairly close to the original tiff's setting :)
Superb Cert Tiffany Setting

That should give you an idea to get you started :)

scoseg

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much to both of you for taking on this challenge. From my limited knowledge I would probably go with:
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-608072.htm

I think my g/f would prefer a nicer diamond to a larger one that is slightly less quality. She has small hands so hopefully that will make it look larger. That's the good part of dating someone tiny (the bad part is always having to get the cereal down for her). Not sure how this relationship has worked so long :)

Any other recommendations? Any reason why this one is not a good deal or possibly other diamonds out there that might be better for close to the same price? Still not sure if G vs H or SI1 vs VS2 is necessary. Just hoping to find a very opinionated person out there that can help guide me :)

Do most of you have an appraiser check diamonds that are ordered online? If I buy a WF setting should I just have them send it in two pieces or mounted?

Thanks again for all of your help. I continue to browse these forums and see many shiny things.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results