shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank You PS/ huge rave for Judith Arnell!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dazzling

Rough_Rock
Another....

mysparkliebling4.JPG

dazzling

Rough_Rock
This one is a bit blurry, but shows the split crown well. I will try to post in SMTR forum later on. I need to clean the ring and get some photography lessons!

Thanks for enjoying my pics- it is fun to be able to share!

face23.gif
Debra

mysparkliebling5.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
OH MAN I AM DYING!!! IT IS TOOOO GORGEOUS!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

wow, it''s just stunning

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
with ... bag ... over ... mouth ... gasping ... gasping ... fuzzy, fuzzy ....THUMP
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Just curious Debra...what is your ring size? We''re on the hunt for something similar trying to get an idea what it will look like on my little paw. We live in the bay area too (I work in Palo Alto :^) and I am SERIOUSLY considering flying up to Judith Arnell''s to have a looksie. I''m an Oregon alum so might sneak in a day trip to the ole alma mater. Stunning ring though just gorgeous! Ok one more question...did you look at F and G colored stones side by side with the H? If so, how did they compare?

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is just beautiful!!! You''re making me rethink my choice of settings! How does a wedding band sit with that setting?

dazzling

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 5:18:32 AM
Author: cymbrie
Just curious Debra...what is your ring size? We''re on the hunt for something similar trying to get an idea what it will look like on my little paw. We live in the bay area too (I work in Palo Alto :^) and I am SERIOUSLY considering flying up to Judith Arnell''s to have a looksie. I''m an Oregon alum so might sneak in a day trip to the ole alma mater. Stunning ring though just gorgeous! Ok one more question...did you look at F and G colored stones side by side with the H? If so, how did they compare?
Cymbrie,

First of all, hi neighbor! Do you live in the south bay? I just moved to Palo Alto after working here for 6 yrs and living in SF.

My ring size is 5. How little are your paws? When I saw the ring in person it was much daintier than I expected. Just exquisite.

As far as color, we saw a Daniel K loose asscher stone that was an I, and we could see the color a bit, so we decided H was the lowest we wanted to go. I think if G was in the budget, we might have gone there, but we wanted the extra size so the split in the crown would be more obvious. We already increased the budget to get this baby in the first place!

In the beautiful store lighting/outdoor, it was tough to see the difference, but in really yellow lighting, I think I can tell it is not as stark white. Judith didn''t have my H stone when I was there, so I didn''t see it next to the E, but my fiance tells me there was another H there (it''s all a blur to me now!), and in the light we couldn''t tell much difference. (He is even more color sensitive than I am.) What was nice is that she had so many sizes and colors of that ring, and had them in round, cushion, and asscher. We saw from just under a carat to several carats.

Have you checked Darren McClung in Palo Alto? (listed as a retailer on DanielK.net) He carries a small collection of Daniel K. You might not see lots of sizes or colors, but you could try it on your little paw for a preliminary look. If you get to do your Portland trip, you might want to try to make an appt with Judith ahead of time. All of her staff were great, but she was so great to work with, and of course she owns the place!

Can''t wait to hear what you decide!

Debra

dazzling

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 11:19:43 AM
Author: JDgirl
Wow, that is just beautiful!!! You''re making me rethink my choice of settings! How does a wedding band sit with that setting?

JDGirl,

Funny you should ask, as I had all but eliminated this ring from my initial considerations because of this concern. I really wanted a flush set.

It turns out Daniel K makes 2 micropave bands that would work... one has the tiniest little V that allows it to sit flush with the ring. However, I want to be able to wear the band by itself, and it is such a subtle V that it almost looks like a mistake! I guess when wearing the wedding band alone, you could turn the v to the back of your hand.

I think I liked the plain straight band better. It isn''t completely flush, but (surprisingly) I liked that, as it showed off the beautiful curves of the e-ring better. The bands are so thin on each ring, that it was stilll comfortable and delicate looking. Definitely a personal preference issue though- you would have to see it on your own hand.

Debra

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Hello to you too neighbor...yes we live in the south bay. Been working in PA for the last 4 years and really enjoy it. I have friends who commute from SF to PA. LOVE SF I''m there once a week for an evening class.

Cool...we have the same size paws, you''re my hand twin
9.gif
(did you ever see the Friends "hand twin" episode LOL :^). Well...one jeweler said I was size 5 another 4 1/2 I''m wondering if 4 3/4 is the compromise.

I have tried on that very setting with I think a 1.63 stone it was quite pretty as you mention very delicate, knowing me though I thrash I could just see whacking it by accident and losing a pave diamond here or there then getting all bummed out. I''m looking into something similar to the dvatche x-prong but will more than likely have MWM custom make the ring for me I spoke with him and he is totally cool. Reason being, my FI and I did things a little backwards. He proposed with my wedding band (which I wear on my right hand as a promise ring) because he''s still saving for the actual ering. It is the Tiffany Elsa Peretti band. The x-prong setting requires a curved band similar to one of the bands you mentioned. But I too like the straight band flush look and I LOVE MWM''s work so we discussed how he could modify the design so that my band would sit flush.

I was really hoping for an F color and have been told by many not to go lower because the asschers/ECs show so much more color. But the price jump as you know is pretty significant. Unfortunately I AM color sensitive and can pretty consistently distinguish btw them but have NOT had the oppty to see 3 asschers side by side so few jewelers have even 1 to view let alone 3 or more in different color grades. It would just be nice to see the difference.

I have not checked Darren McClung maybe I''ll pop by one day during lunch
31.gif
. After seeing your rave review I have included Judith in the line up. Currently considering GOG, WF, ERD, NiceIce and now Judith these seem to consistently deliver the best quality asschers. We''re still a few months out so I''m researching like crazy and hoping that Storm and the other PSers will help me go hunting when my time comes
9.gif
. As you probably know Storm is MR. ASSCHER.

One thing I did consider...I have a pair of diamond studs I can no longer wear...but I can trade them up at Jewelrymart in SF was thinking of getting maybe a 1/3-1/5 carat asscher for a pendant maybe in a G or H so I could see how I liked the color
36.gif
since you''re in the area maybe we can go together...don''t know if you''ve ever been to Jewelrymart in SF but it''s pretty cool. Dunno about your FI but I think mine would gladly relinquish his jewelry buddy duties. Maybe we can ask Mara too I think she''s in the area we could make it a bay area PSers day out!
31.gif

Thank you so much for your responses and feedback I will keep you posted and please PLEASE post more pix of your lovely!

Many cheers,
Cym

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Here is my wband the one he proposed with
9.gif

2.gif

cb_wband.JPG

dazzling

Rough_Rock
Ooooh, MWM''s rings are so beautiful. Seems as though you have been thorough in your research- I am sure you will end up with a magnificent ring. Lovely idea proposing w/ the wedding band. My friend and his wife did it that way... they both wore rings on their right hand until the wedding. He said that is common in Europe, which is where his wife was born.

I did go to the jewelry mart in SF right after we got engaged- just a solo trip to look at settings. What a crazy place! Pretty overwhelming, but lots of fun. I would love to make another trip there- what a great idea! And yes, my fiance would be fine with missing all of the fun. Could be dangerous though
emotion-5.gif

I am leaving for the weekend, so more pics will have to wait- but count me in on the field trip!

-D

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Yeah I knew early-on my first choice would be a MWM setting, then I called to spec out time frames and prices and he was just such an awesome person. We ended up talking about all sorts of things like engineering, cad design, artistry etc. That conversation made the decision a no-brainer having him make the ring takes its significance to a new level it becomes not only a symbol of love, but a work of art. That is cool about your friend and his wife also doing the wband proposal I had no idea it was a european tradition I lived in Switzerland briefly such a wonderful place.

I know isn''t Jewelrymart cool, totally overwhelming but so fun just to behold. It''ll be even more fun with a gemlover, I go to some of the quarterly gem shows in San Mateo too if you''re interested. My mom usually goes but my folks live in HI so she''s not here for all of them and it''s not as fun to go solo. I''ll PM you when I get closer to going I''ve had these earrings in a box for over a year now and it''s such a pity not to wear them so I figured I should trade them in for something I can wear and enjoy.

Have a GREAT weekend and I will looking forward to seeing more pix soon
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
UM...And how did I miss this? I covet this setting! And with such a stone! Realyl beautiful...I was flipping through the eye candy folder and OMG. I mean, it''s stunning. What workmanship ... congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results