shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Thaleia, my YG emerald and diamond ring, is finally on my finger!!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
@ItsMainelyYou, so far I've heard the most flattering comments but I've also heard:
1. Is this fake?
2. This emerald is way too big.
3. This is not something that should be worn casually, on a daily basis, but only on special occasions...

What can I say? I am excited about the ring and I like wearing her every day! What is the point of having pieces that are not worn and enjoyed enough? Additionally, I am a lawyer and in my professional environment it's not awkward and rare for ladies to wear beautiful jewelry. So I think that I might just continue wearing her proudly, no matter what people think!!!!
Besides, as @kenny would say: people vary!

What's that? Is that jealoussssssssssssssy hissing in the corner?! I think it is.
Psht, she should be worn wherever the fancy takes you.
I would likely be pestering you if you didn't. How else am I going to get me fix, hmm? Think of the middle aged children!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's that? Is that jealoussssssssssssssy hissing in the corner?! I think it is.
Psht, she should be worn wherever the fancy takes you.
I would likely be pestering you if you didn't. How else am I going to get me fix, hmm? Think of the middle aged children!

[email protected] you for...the moral support❤️

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
What a beauty!! Both the emerald and her new setting. Looks so lovely on you. Happy early 50th. Wear it in good health!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!! Both the emerald and her new setting. Looks so lovely on you. Happy early 50th. Wear it in good health!!

Thank you so much @rcjtraveler ! I like her so much more in her new dress!!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should be worn only on special occasions? What a dreary thing to say! I hope you laughed at that.
I would wear your gorgeous emerald at every possible opportunity just to revel in that colour.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should be worn only on special occasions? What a dreary thing to say! I hope you laughed at that.
I would wear your gorgeous emerald at every possible opportunity just to revel in that colour.

My dear @foxinsox, i didn't laugh at all. Those comments were troubling me at the beginning, because i didn't want to give the impression that i am a show-off. Afterwards, i decided that my wish to enjoy the ring was stronger than my worries!!!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so beautiful. Everything is just right- the size, the color, the glow, the setting. I'm so glad you are wearing it and enjoying it!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dear @foxinsox, i didn't laugh at all. Those comments were troubling me at the beginning, because i didn't want to give the impression that i am a show-off. Afterwards, i decided that my wish to enjoy the ring was stronger than my worries!!!!

Good! Honestly anyone who comments like that is saying more about them than you. And revealing themselves to be a bit small and dull imo. It makes me mad that people try to diminish others’ joy and pleasure because they’re jealous or wish it was theirs.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Natylad, LOVE the reset! It really showcases that gorgeous emerald. It looks perfect on your hand! I'm glad you are putting those comments out of your mind. Like @foxinsox, it makes me mad when people try to take away someone's joy because they are jealous. Trust me, this ring is beautiful and should be worn and enjoyed every day!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Natylad, LOVE the reset! It really showcases that gorgeous emerald. It looks perfect on your hand! I'm glad you are putting those comments out of your mind. Like @foxinsox, it makes me mad when people try to take away someone's joy because they are jealous. Trust me, this ring is beautiful and should be worn and enjoyed every day!

Thank you so much my dear @junebug17 ! You are always so kind!
Truly this ring has brought so much joy to me and I enjoy immensely wearing it !!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ItsMainelyYou, so far I've heard the most flattering comments but I've also heard:
1. Is this fake?
3. This is not something that should be worn casually, on a daily basis, but only on special occasions...

What can I say? I am excited about the ring and I like wearing her every day! What is the point of having pieces that are not worn and enjoyed enough? Additionally, I am a lawyer and in my professional environment it's not awkward and rare for ladies to wear beautiful jewelry. So I think that I might just continue wearing her proudly, no matter what people think!!!!
Besides, as @kenny would say: people vary!

People are boobs. Take a sip of coffee, gently put the cup down--then calmly reply: " you should have seen the one I threw away".

Wear the hell out of it!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
O.M.G. Is that even real???:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: Jewel of the week? How about jewel of the year?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People are boobs. Take a sip of coffee, gently put the cup down--then calmly reply: " you should have seen the one I threw away".

Wear the hell out of it!

You put a huge smile on my face @canuk-gal !!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How the heck did I miss this beauty? @Natylad, This ring is gorgeous!!!. It looks perfect on your hand. Thank you for the pictures but I think we may need to see a few more. It‘s stunning.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Is this fake?

Just. Wow. I mean the ring, of course, but I'm writing mostly about those awful comments.

In my town, nobody knows nuthin' and we are a couple of comparable professionals -- you might get an "ooh pretty!" once in a blue moon but nothing more. I'm amazed that you have such a savvy and opinionated cohort! Waiting for the "F1 or F2, dear?" Must be NYC or FL; can't be the Bay.

In other words, enjoy...and who cares?! Do you drive your "good" car to work? =)2

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How the heck did I miss this beauty? @Natylad, This ring is gorgeous!!!. It looks perfect on your hand. Thank you for the pictures but I think we may need to see a few more. It‘s stunning.

Thank you so much @Calliecake !!! I will certainly take some more photos and post them soon!!!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just. Wow. I mean the ring, of course, but I'm writing mostly about those awful comments.

In my town, nobody knows nuthin' and we are a couple of comparable professionals -- you might get an "ooh pretty!" once in a blue moon but nothing more. I'm amazed that you have such a savvy and opinionated cohort! Waiting for the "F1 or F2, dear?" Must be NYC or FL; can't be the Bay.

In other words, enjoy...and who cares?! Do you drive your "good" car to work? =)2

The funny part of the story @LilAlex is that when I first heard those comments I was wondering whether they are right and whether it was provocative to wear such jewelry at work (after a while I decided that my jewelry is perfectly fine and I can wear whatever I want....!!).

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a happy day this is!!! My emerald reset is finally concluded and the ring is on my finger!!!!
As some of you already know, DH bought me an emerald and diamond ring during our summer holiday. I loved the ring but I could tell that the quality of the side diamonds and the craftsmanship of the setting were not up to my standards!!
So the moment we came back home from the vacation I went to my jeweler, who has an amazing bench and we decided on a totally new setting in yellow gold. I have incorporated two pear cut side diamonds, which are .80 tcw, E color and VS1 clarity. The emerald's dimensions are 14×10.
Initially I was considering choosing a satin finish for my setting but at the last moment I went for shiny finish and I'm very happy with my choice!!!
I am delighted, to say the least! My 50th birthday is also coming up towards the end of the year and I really wanted a significant piece of jewelry to mark this milestone!!!!
I' m sharing some photos!

IMG_20231018_151855.jpg IMG_20231018_151934.jpg IMG_20231018_152009.jpg IMG_20231018_152103.jpg IMG_20231018_151909.jpg IMG_20231018_152022.jpg IMG_20231018_152132.jpg IMG_20231018_152203.jpg

Oh what a gorgeous, glowy emerald, my new favorite gemstone! Spectacular 50th birthday present! Congratulations on JOTW!

MrsMagpie

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful emerald!! Something so lovely should be worn as often as possible :)

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!!

Go ahead and wear the heck out of it!!!

Your emerald rinds me of my Afghan Tourmaline ring made by DK. I also feel self conscious wearing my "larger" stones. I don't even have the finger real estate for them.

I wish I could pull it off at work,.but I feel like it would be inappropriate in healthcare while I work directly with patients

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!!

Go ahead and wear the heck out of it!!!

Your emerald rinds me of my Afghan Tourmaline ring made by DK. I also feel self conscious wearing my "larger" stones. I don't even have the finger real estate for them.

I wish I could pull it off at work,.but I feel like it would be inappropriate in healthcare while I work directly with patients

Thank you so much @fiona00004 ! Is this beauty on your avatar your engagement ring? If yes, do you wear it at work?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results