shape
carat
color
clarity

Tension set ring help.. im soo lost

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ATM

Rough_Rock
thank you for your kind words Emily.. i will most likly just have just a single ring for the wedding. just this one. then in a few years i hope to really get her something nice. if she can last five years with me then she deserves at least a 2. ct upgrade.
35.gif

Im really serious about checking your credit people.. my sister did a few months ago and found 4 credit card apps in her name were rejected( she already had bad credit hahaha)

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
This .578 I SI1 from Whiteflash is an Expert Selection. Set in the Lilly solitaire totals $1722. I know there is a Pricescope disount, as well as a cash/wire transaction discount. You could get a stunner for your lady in the style she likes and still not break the bank!

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 3:05:20 PM
Author: shimmer
Another, one of my favorites at $475. You will have to ask if they can accommodate a smaller diamond, the website says 1ct plus for this and the above setting.

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/-The-Keystone--Diamond-Solitaire_1313.htm
i would recommend staying away from tension settings in that price range, the one shimmer posted here is a nice alternative to a tension (something that has a bridge under the stone can still have the similar look)
maybe you could upgrade her to a gelin&abaci somewhere down the road

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ATM - two things for you to consider.

1. Titanium (as mentioned before) scratches really badly.
2. I''m not sure that the lovely tension bypass ring will sit well with a wedding band - is that an issue?

I''m pretty sure that your GF will adore the ring you get her. You''re putting much thought into it and that shows how loved she is.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
You asked if diamond size matters much to women and the answer is yes it does to some women. But everybody has different taste and just as some women prefer a huge stone there are other women who can''t stand them and would not be caught dead in one. It would be impossible to pick a ring that every one would agree is the perfect size. So all you have to do is pick a ring that is perfect for your lady, you and your budget. That is the perfect size. Anybody who makes a cruel or belittling comment about someone else''s ring whether calling it too big or too small or too this or too that or whatever is only embarrassing and making a fool of themselves. You can get a gorgeous ring for your budget. Get a quality diamond and you will be blown away.

Exhibit A This is a link to a ring for Anchor31''s FSIL. Anchor31 herself has a gorgeous and stunning ring as well.
I have mentioned the (Anchor31 FSIL) ring in the link ring before on Pricescope because I think it is so beautiful and a great example of a beautiful ring in that carat size. It is one of my favorites of that size on Pricescope. I point it out because beautiful rings come in all sizes. And size perception is different around the world as is pointed out in that thread. The stone size in that ring is perfect and suits her hand to a T. It looks very purposeful and lovely.

It reminds me a tiny bit of the WF Keystone Diamond Solitaire brilliantly posted earlier in this thread
1.gif
. I like that that ring gives a bit of the tension set visual feel to it, and I love that the half-bezeled setting offers snag free protection to the stone. You mentioned that she works a lot with her hands so something that is very protective of the stone would be great. Diamonds can chip and crack so it is good to find a nice protective setting if you are looking for someone who is active/works a lot with her hands.

Again as mentioned before be careful who you buy a tension set ring from and who you have set it since I have heard of tension set rings losing diamonds. If you get that type work with someone who really knows what they are doing for best results.

Check out the under 1 carat ring thread in show me the ring if you have not already (for some reason I can not find it). But it is a great thread to get ideas in.

Mrs.2Artists

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a link to the other post that I mentioned: Great eye candy.

Mrs.2Artists

ATM

Rough_Rock
K so i head back to Robins brothers. First let me say i hate that place.. I really, really hate that place. I asked to see the setting i was interested in so he pulled it out and showed me. it was around $450.00 (not bad) then he asked if i would like to look at diamonds to go with it. So the setting i was looking at was for a .25 - .35 stone. so i said let me see something in the point .35ct. He then takes me to a room with his little folder and a diamond and setting. Takes the diamond out and puts it under the light.. umm.. ya so it sparkles thats cool. what do i know about diamonds. then he puts in on the scale and its only .33?? so i ask if its certified and he says no "Diamonds under .50 are almost never certified" is that true.. ?
20.gif

so the price for the .33 diamond was $1150.00 and the setting was $400. I would rather just buy it online i guess.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 9:22:35 AM
Author: ATM
so i ask if its certified and he says no ''Diamonds under .50 are almost never certified'' is that true.. ?
20.gif

BS. You can find lots of RB under 0.5c on BN easily.

ATM

Rough_Rock
ya thats what i thought. now im just looking for the same style online and just buy it

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 9:52:09 AM
Author: Stone-cold11

so i ask if its certified and he says no ''Diamonds under .50 are almost never certified'' is that true.. ?
20.gif

ditto... can''t stand salesperson thats not knowleable about what they say just so they can make a sale, thinking you don''t have a clue... yeah right
Good luck,, come back with your choices of diamonds.. we''d love to see and maybe help?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 9:52:09 AM
Author: Stone-cold11

20.gif

HI:

Not "never" but frequently. If they are ideally cut with H & A and are candidates for AGS 0, but can bet they were sent for certification.......James Allen''s site is testimony to that....

cheers--Sharon

ATM

Rough_Rock
Well folks it was nice while it lasted but my GF''s mom just lost her job and needs some cash pretty bad. So allmost all my ring money has now left my already limited budget.. win some lose some.
Thank you all for your time and thoughts. it was fun.

ATM

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry to hear about your family''s job loss. Stick around though. You can learn a lot and when the time comes, be ready.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results