shape
carat
color
clarity

FSIL''s e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My brother and his FI got engaged about a month ago and they picked out a very beautiful ring. I referred them to the jeweller my FI and I worked with for my e-ring and our bands, and they are thrilled! It''s a 0.26ct ideal E-VS1 RB diamond set in a Birks-inspired semi-bezel 14k WG/palladium setting.

Inspiration pics

jennyringinsp1.JPG

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

jennyringinsp2.JPG

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

jennyringinsp3.JPG

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
And here''s the real thing of my FSIL''s hand. They modified the original Birks setting slightly and the shank is the same width all around, the surprise stone is a diamond instead of a sapphire and it doesn''t stick out like in the Birks ring. I believe she wears a size 9.

jennyring1.JPG

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring and looks even more stunning on her hand!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, very pretty. I love how it looks on her hand.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/20/2008 9:13:44 PM
Author:anchor31
My brother and his FI got engaged about a month ago and they picked out a very beautiful ring. I referred them to the jeweller my FI and I worked with for my e-ring and our bands, and they are thrilled! It's a 0.26ct ideal E-VS1 RB diamond set in a Birks-inspired semi-bezel 14k WG/palladium setting.

Inspiration pics

hey anchor31! I *had* that exact ring, but in platinum. I got it modified to be a bezel set, instead of semi-bezel. Are you from Canada? Birks-inspired makes me think so
9.gif
I am in Saskatchewan.

BTW, I should add, your jeweller did a fabulous job on the re-creation, and I would like to get my shank widened as well, after looking at the photos.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very elegant!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2008 9:33:34 PM
Author: Çã†hër§

My brother and his FI got engaged about a month ago and they picked out a very beautiful ring. I referred them to the jeweller my FI and I worked with for my e-ring and our bands, and they are thrilled! It''s a 0.26ct ideal E-VS1 RB diamond set in a Birks-inspired semi-bezel 14k WG/palladium setting.

Inspiration pics

hey anchor31! I *had* that exact ring, but in platinum. I got it modified to be a bezel set, instead of semi-bezel. Are you from Canada? Birks-inspired makes me think so
9.gif
I am in Saskatchewan.

BTW, I should add, your jeweller did a fabulous job on the re-creation, and I would like to get my shank widened as well, after looking at the photos.
Yes, we live in Qc, in the Montreal area. The jeweller we all worked with is simply fabulous. He can make everything. Original designs, re-creations, customizations... and he has his own designs, which are all gorgeous (my ring is one of them). Just walking in his store is quite the experience (I''ve never seen so many rings in my entire life!) and the owner and employees are extremely knowledgeable. It''s great how they helped us get exactly what we each wanted (FI and I prefer a balance between size and quality and got a 0.506ct EX/G-SI1 and my brother and his FI prefer quality over size and got a 0.26ct ID/E-VS1).

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it is beautiful!

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/20/2008 9:51:00 PM
Author: anchor31

Date: 5/20/2008 9:33:34 PM
Author: Çã†hër§

Inspiration pics

9.gif
I am in Saskatchewan.

Yes, we live in Qc, in the Montreal area. The jeweller we all worked with is simply fabulous. He can make everything. Original designs, re-creations, customizations... and he has his own designs, which are all gorgeous (my ring is one of them). Just walking in his store is quite the experience (I''ve never seen so many rings in my entire life!) and the owner and employees are extremely knowledgeable. It''s great how they helped us get exactly what we each wanted (FI and I prefer a balance between size and quality and got a 0.506ct EX/G-SI1 and my brother and his FI prefer quality over size and got a 0.26ct ID/E-VS1).
cool! I am originally from Labrador(I lived 20 minutes away from the Quebec border)

I am envious that you have a store like that, to go try on ''just to try on'' we have nothing like that here in town. We were in Saskatoon on Saturday, and stopped by a goldsmith/jeweller in Midtown plaza. I finally found an etoile-esqe band that I could try on. I really love the look of it with my e-ring. Congrats to your FSIL, she has exceptional taste.
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty...so shiny and white
30.gif
!
It looks gorgeous on her hand...congratulations to them!

mezmeryzed

Rough_Rock
I love it. It''s gorgeous.
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning!!!
30.gif

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Best wishes to them (and to you and YOUR fiance)!

PrettyBlues

Shiny_Rock
It''s so fluid and pretty. She must love it.

Can I ask the name of the jeweller Anchor? It looks like they do great work.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a clean contemporary look! I agree with other posters-it''s actually prettier on her hand. This is off an a tangent I know, but is Canada like some European countries where over 1 carats is sometimes perceived as gaudy?

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! It looks beautiful on her hand!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your FSIL''s ring is lovely. It''s very neat and tailored and I''ll bet that mounting will hold up very well over the course of time.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks great!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring Anchor :) I love the simplicity of it :)

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
"This is off an a tangent I know, but is Canada like some European countries where over 1 carats is sometimes perceived as gaudy?" I have been wondering about that as well ... in most European countries even HAVING a diamond can be perceived as gaudy or non-pc ... when I told my sister who lives in Switzerland about the engagement ring I had purchased she said "didn''t we watch Blood Diamonds together??". Oh well. I would have to say though that coming from a European country myself, anything really big seems gaudy to me as well.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful and looks perfect on her hand!!
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
anchor, it''s lovely! I find it so funny how I have this ornate blingy set, but I am always drawn to these clean modern lines. What can I say, I love them all!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
wow they did a great job, im really liking her ring like alot, it looks perfect on her hand....

congrats to your brother and FSIL on their engagement
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh it''s gorgeous! I think the width of the band is perfect with the width of the stone. So very sleek!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 2:07:40 AM
Author: PrettyBlues
It''s so fluid and pretty. She must love it.

Can I ask the name of the jeweller Anchor? It looks like they do great work.
His name is Marcel André, in Montréal. They''re really amazing. A little pricier than most PS vendors, but it was great for us to be able to go in-store.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 3:44:57 AM
Author: somehowcollide
Wow, what a clean contemporary look! I agree with other posters-it''s actually prettier on her hand. This is off an a tangent I know, but is Canada like some European countries where over 1 carats is sometimes perceived as gaudy?
I''m unsure about the rest of Canada, but in Qc, yes. French-Canadians (generally) perceive spending thousands on jewellery as being frivolous and ridiculous. I wear a 0.50ct and I''ve gotten more that one comment about it being "huge" (I''m a size 4.5, so it does look bigger than the average hand, but it''s not that big...) and my FI "must be rich" (er... It''s called saving up?).

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love how it looks on her hand.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results