shape
carat
color
clarity

Tennis Bracelets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2006 7:20:25 AM
Author: AGBF

Date: 2/3/2006 11:37:26 AM
Does anyone here know why the upper bracelet would be more prone to twisting than would any other bracelet?
Wink is back from Chile and e-mailed me that with one point of connection the bracelet would be more prone to twisting than with two. Now I need to see if I can get the look of well-spaced diamonds, a graceful look, even with two points of connection. :)

Right...

I might have an answer to ''what keeps this setting from twisting'' though. If the connectors have restricted movement (only down on the vertical is needed to flex the bracelet) twisting should be limited. I am thinking of the good old ''knife edge settings'' that used to work this way.

But I would not count on being right with this, unless the jeweler making the bracelet finds a solution acceptable from his point of view as well. Better to be told if something can''t work than finding out after.
40.gif

Between the two bracelets, if you just wanted the diamonds set apart - that should be more a matter of how long the connectors are not now many. Don''t know if the two issues are related.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2006 10:30:05 AM
Author: valeria101
I might have an answer to ''what keeps this setting from twisting'' though. If the connectors have restricted movement (only down on the vertical is needed to flex the bracelet) twisting should be limited. I am thinking of the good old ''knife edge settings'' that used to work this way.

...​

Between the two bracelets, if you just wanted the diamonds set apart - that should be more a matter of how long the connectors are not now many. Don''t know if the two issues are related.

Thank you so much, Ana. I will make sure that Wink sees what you have suggested!

Deb
34.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/13/2005 11:26:28 AM

Another thread on tennis bracelets (in Jewelry Pieces) has made me aware that I have not kept you up to date. In part that is because tennis bracelets have not been on my mind! I had houseguests from overseas and when I got to the computer I went where I liked, not where duty drove me!

I should tell you that I received a small black and white photograph from Jeffrey Garrett in California. He wrote that what was pictured was called, ''a line bracelet'' and that he could create it in platinum for $3,000. If I chose to have him set my diamonds the cost would be $700.00.

The writing beneath it was cryptic and not explained in the body of the letter. It was part of the photograph, not something Jeff had written. It said:

TB 100-K 36 dia.x.334=12.02 ct (4.5mm) 18.0Gr. A=$35284, B=$30524, C=$22946.

I am assuming that 36 diamonds of .334 carat, totalling 12.02 carats, set in platinum would be those three prices depending on whether one chose diamonds of A, B, or C quality...but I may be mistaken. (If anyone else knows what this means, please tell me!)

I believe Mara that the bracelet she saw was spectacular, but a black and white photo (probably from a manufacturer''s book) doesn''t do it justice.

I do owe Jeff a phone call, though. He was very kind and Fedexed this picture to me. I would have been glad to buy stones from Wink and have him set them if the bracelet he made had knocked me off my feet, but I just cannot see what he makes from this photo! If you live in California and are looking for a tennis bracelet, though, it might be worthwhile to stop in at his store! Apparently he has one at #7 Seascape Village in Aptos, California.

Deborah

I just this morning had this post brought to my attention, so if it has been answered below in the thread I apologise. You are right in that the "code" lists the number of diamonds, and the total weight and that the three prices are the prices being offered based on the quality of the diamonds.

Answering an earlier question on this page. The advantage of the double connectors is that they keep the bracelet from twisting with little stress, whereas with a single wire there will be either the ability to twist, or a lot of stress put on a wire to keep it from twisting as it would have to be connected or shaped differently to prohibit the twist. My bench tells me that they are very concerned about doing such a bracelet, but I would welcome comments by someone who has this bracelet about whether or not it twists and whether or not that bothers them.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/7/2006 7:20:25 AM

Date: 2/3/2006 11:37:26 AM
Does anyone here know why the upper bracelet would be more prone to twisting than would any other bracelet?

Wink is back from Chile and e-mailed me that with one point of connection the bracelet would be more prone to twisting than with two. Now I need to see if I can get the look of well-spaced diamonds, a graceful look, even with two points of connection. :)

Deb
Well, I see this issue has already been addressed. Further research is in order...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2006 2:55:18 PM

Date: 11/15/2005 5:07:00 PM

Author: valeria101

BR17452.jpg

BR15869.jpg

I love the top bracelet, but not the bottom one. The top one is exactly what I have been looking for. The stones seem SEPARATE. To me that makes the ''setting'' look less visible.

The bottom bracelet looks packed together, not graceful.

What is the difference? How do I make sure I get the look of the top bracelet when I have one made? What do I ask for?

Deb

Ana,

Wink and I both need your help! We cannot locate a bracelet with the look of the top one. Where did you find this photograph?

Deb
33.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to be so dense, Ana. I cut and pasted your link without even realizing the information was right there in your posting! I see you got it here:

http://www.raujewelry.net

Link to Rau Jewelry

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one for $18,000 looks good!!! The only problem is that I wanted only the setting and wanted Wink to supply the stones!!!

Nifty Bracelet

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This bracelet was numbered: BR17452 and was sold by Rau Jewelers. Wink got in touch with them. This is, supposedly, a Stuller setting. Rau was selling it set with diamonds for $18,000, but did not specify with which clarity and color stones (or if they did, I didn't save the information!).

If the stones were the kind I asked Wink to find (ideal cut, D-F color, and VS clarity in platinum) it would be ideal for me. What do you all think?

Remember I like the stones separated, but not with metal. I also don't want to go below VS clarity and I want ideal cut and colorless stones.

cflutist said that a 7" bracelet like hers contains 35 stones in the .32-.33 carat range. In this bracelet the are separated a bit (by air) but I still might need almost 35 stones. Who knows? Maybe 32, 33, or 34.

I have told Wink that it is now or never for me. If I cannot find the bracelet and stones I want now, I will never do it!

34.gif

BR17452RAUJEWELRYTENNISBRACELET.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I visited the Whiteflash website to get an idea of prices there for ready-made tennis bracelets. The selection was very poor. I know I should know everything about websites for tennis bracelets by now, but I don''t. Does anyone know of websites that show tennis bracelets with larger stones (i.e. around .25 carat or more)?

34.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Actually this one is an antique, but they assured me that Stuller has the mounting.

Stuller assures me that they do not... They have some items that they call similar, but they are not and they are for MUCH smaller stones. I have gone through every catalog that I can find, and sent this picture to many suppliers, no one seems to have it...

Dang!

Wink

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Wink! This is really awful news. Why on earth would no one want to make a tennis bracelet with separation between the stones? Maybe we should design one and the mass produce it for everyone else to buy! What was Stuller doing wrong with its marketing that it didn''t keep this in production?

34.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Je ne cei pass madam. I continue to search... Please excuse my very bad spelling of French...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2006 5:53:22 PM
Author: Wink
Je ne cei pass madam. I continue to search... Please excuse my very bad spelling of French...

You''re excused. I wouldn''t dare try to write in Portuguese!!! But did I tell you I am going to be teaching French (among other things) come September?

34.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Deb I think the design is lovely if you can ever find the setting! I like the way it makes each diamond look very distinct and round and it should be especially well suited for larger stones. My only concern would be the durability of the links, but I''m sure Wink will check that out for you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2006 6:27:08 PM
Author: Sundial
Deb I think the design is lovely if you can ever find the setting! I like the way it makes each diamond look very distinct and round and it should be especially well suited for larger stones. My only concern would be the durability of the links, but I''m sure Wink will check that out for you.

Thank you, Sundial, but I have given up. If I can afford it, I may just jump now and have Wink do the bracelet with 3-prongs as he did cflutist''s. I did decide that I should get a 7" bracelet, despite my small wrist size, though, so that the bracelet drapes gracefully. Every 1/2 inch means more diamond and/or platinum. Money, money!

If I could afford it, I''d have a custom bracelet made, but that is way over the top for me. Even this one may be too much for me to buy. I await Wink''s calculations!

34.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/9/2006 6:22:43 PM

Date: 6/9/2006 5:53:22 PM

You''re excused. I wouldn''t dare try to write in Portuguese!!! But did I tell you I am going to be teaching French (among other things) come September?

34.gif
No, how wonderful for your students! How is the lovely daughter of your avatar doing, does she still perform?

Wink

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2006 6:47:51 PM
No, how wonderful for your students! How is the lovely daughter of your avatar doing, does she still perform?

We shall see how happy my students are with me! As for my daughter, that photo was taken when she was only 10 and playing cello. She switched to violin, then stopped playing altogether. It is a shame, because she is very talented, but she doesn''t want to work hard at playing and she has gotten to the point in her music where she must work hard or give up music lessons. Talent without motivation to excel doesn''t cut it with serious musical study.

34.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is so very true!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results