shape
carat
color
clarity

tennis bracelets, are they still popular?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As jewelrman states the style was around before it started being called tennis bracelet. Timeless. It''s funny I don''t think they look so good on me but when I see other people wearing them I think they look nice.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I love tennis bracelets, and always will! I wear my 3ct all day every day! My Mom also wears her 7ct everyday... I know you are looking for something bigger than that... But I thought I would share a pic of my Mom''s that I just happened to take 2 days ago. It''s a different design bc it is only 2 prongs, so it is very blingy!!! Just giving you some ideas!

momsbracelet7ct.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, how pretty!It looks awesome on her.

I do like them, they are timeless and classic and I have wanted a larger one in white metal, but I just wanted to be sure that if I was investing in one now that they are not passe or something!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also agree that she is losing it, and that she needs to be checked out properly, but she says she has and is fine. I do not believe that but cannot force her to do anything!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Carolyn,

As time goes on, if something is wrong with her, she will get worse and it will show up.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, it seems that until something happens that is bad, no one will pay attention. I am the only one that seems concerned.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that they are a classic look...who wouldn''t want a wristful of sparkley bling?!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2007 12:03:57 PM
Author: diamondfan
I know, it seems that until something happens that is bad, no one will pay attention. I am the only one that seems concerned.
I am there myself with my mom somewhat Caroline.
20.gif

As much as I know you don''t want to do this, you need to start writing down any and all red flags. People, including doctors, need to see it in black and white. Just saying something about Mom getting forgetful isn''t enough.

I did that two years ago with my moms doc before her yearly appt., just called and said, I''m getting concerned about her memory. She came home and had been tested (I don''t know what type), and exclaimed she had the mind of a 65 year old. (she was 79) Less than 3 months later, she didn''t remember what her mom died of.....

I''ve sent 6 pages of "red flags" to her doc this time, and I''m going with.

You also need to tell hubby to get with the program, before that "something bad" does happen.
11.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
DF...I''m sorry that things are so difficult with your MIL. You have written about her before and she does sound like a thoroughly unpleasant person. These current behaviors, however, sound like something else. ITA with Ellen on this. My Dad started exhibiting forgetfulness, getting lost and other similiar types of behavior, prior to being diagnosed with Alzheimer''s. Of course, this might not be the case with your MIL, but your husband needs to be aware of this situation and not just chalk it up to her personality.

Now, about that bracelet....enjoy it! It''s a classic!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the support. You guys do not all know me in real life, but honestly I am not exaggerating about her. Hubby sees some things, but she has always been off a bit in mho, so I think it just is what he is used to from her, and not anything odd or out of whack. I cannot force her to be tested, her kids have to see it, and so far it seems this is just their normal mother to them. Of course I do not agree, and she is so completely out of it to me I am concerned. Good news is hubby told her not to come on our vacation, she has been traveling so much that she is totally uptight about packing again and being in airports around the holiday, and hubby realized with her in a tizzy it would not likely be a good or pleasant vacation for anyone. I get my birthday with my family and not her, so I am pretty thrilled! I also think he did get me the tennis bracelet, the one I mentioned, and it is a great gift. I have really wanted one, one of nice size and good quality, and this one looked good on me and I know I will get a lot of wear out of it. So let''s see if I get it next week! He has been hinting around a lot which is his way, so I do think he got it. Maybe Kaleigh and I can get together and do another photo shoot!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan,

We would love another photo-shoot. Please do!!!!

I am soooooooo happy for you that she is not coming on your vacation. Now you can relax, have fun and enjoy your family. What a wonderful way to spend your holiday.

I do hope, if your MIL get worse, your hubby will see it and get help for her. He will have to.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 1:02:48 PM
Author: Linda W
Diamondfan,

We would love another photo-shoot. Please do!!!!

I am soooooooo happy for you that she is not coming on your vacation. Now you can relax, have fun and enjoy your family. What a wonderful way to spend your holiday.

I do hope, if your MIL get worse, your hubby will see it and get help for her. He will have to.

Linda
Great news!!!! Ditto on wanting to see another photo shoot by you and Lisa
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline, I don''t know which news is better. Going alone on vaca, or getting the bracelet!
9.gif

Can''t wait to see!

btw, we are birthday buddies, mine is the day after. Isn''t it fun having a xmas bday?!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know! I am so excited that she is NOT coming. But told hubby that is a gift to him too, since if she ruined my trip I would be pissed and he would feel the heat!

I think he got the bracelet, I have to wait til Hannukah to find out!

I actually never loved my bday, it was always during winter break and gets forgotten or lumped into one combo gift. My mom was never in favor of that, and I told hubby if he ever did a combo it had to be a major gift, no getting away with a two-fer!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for your unpleasant MIL staying home and not coming on your trip. I hope you got the bracelet, I can''t wait to see it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry I missed this thread! But I think a diamond line bracelet is one of the most timeless pieces there is! I can''t wait to see if you get it, Caroline! I am so happy your family can take the trip alone, too!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am still pinching myself. I got the bracelet, which I love, and will have Kaleigh help me with the shoot soon. And not having that sour miserable unpleasant person on my trip is also awesome!!!!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondfan, good news for you! (both your possible bracelet, and your mil free vacation!)
There is often a prodromal period called mild cognitive impairment, of those with MCI a certain percentage then come down with full blown dementia. It''s symptoms vary depending on what part of the brain is affected, but losing one''s direction (say while driving) is a classic sign. I agree it might be good to try writing down those odd behaviors. Since these things happen over time it''s remarkably easy to get used to those behaviors and mark them as normal, not as a progressing pattern.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 1:00:24 AM
Author: diamondfan
I am still pinching myself. I got the bracelet, which I love, and will have Kaleigh help me with the shoot soon. And not having that sour miserable unpleasant person on my trip is also awesome!!!!!
yayy.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY IS RIGHT!!!!!
36.gif

Caroline, when do you leave for your gorgeous trip???

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We leave this Sunday. Just got back from Chicago and have to unpack winter and pack for resort weather. Feel fat and like nothing fits, bathing suit yuck. Just not feeling it too much, but I know once I get there it will be fun.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations DF! Can''t wait to see the bracelet! Glad to know the trip will be great!

You may not realize this, but your experiences with your MIL give me strength in dealing with mine. I know firsthand that it''s not pleasant dealing with someone who is so self-centered, but I am really comforted by the fact that you understand and have to deal with the same thing.

You must tell us how you were able to translate: dealing with MIL = new bauble. I''ll have to start a similar practice!
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Jewleryman is right. Cartier, OHB and Altetto Bros, VCA in the 1920''s produced many many line bracelets. Personally I considered tennis bracelets as prong set, over the AD channel or more rigid structures... The looks are also different I feel.

Have you considered an emerald cut line bracelet. I recently saw one with graduated emeralds that was largest at the center. It was beautiful and very clean and classic. Maybe an Art Deco line bracelet?
31.gif
All diamonds, or maybe a nice mix with sapphires or rubies? (big fan of gemstones!
30.gif
)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2007 10:33:55 AM
Author: starryeyed
Congratulations DF! Can''t wait to see the bracelet! Glad to know the trip will be great!
Can''t wait to see your new braclet!!! Happy Birthday too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results