shape
carat
color
clarity

Tennis bracelet vs. eternity

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
I had previously posted about trying to decide which jewelry purchase to make next, and you were all so helpful to offer some insight. I visited a couple of jewelry stores over the weekend to try to narrow down my choices and eliminated earrings for now because they really are hard to see the way I wear my hair every day. I had never tried on a tennis bracelet before, and I loved the way they looked on me; and haven't been able to get them off my mind. While I've wanted an eternity for a long time, I'm now trying to decide if should move forward with the eternity band or change gears to a tennis bracelet for this purchase.

Choice 1. The 2ctw, three prong tennis bracelet from WF.
Choice 2. A .5 stones eternity band for my right hand, or even a .3 stones, which I think looks better on my left with my eng. ring and I could wear on my right hand as well.

I've posted some photos below, what do you guys think looks best/ should come next?

This a 3ctw bracelet:

A 1.5 ctw bracelet:

and a band with 3 pointers:

Thank you, ladies, for your thoughts on this, they are very much appreciated.

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock
The tennis bracelet :angel:

Rinky

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No wrong choice! :love:
Each option is classic, elegant and timeless. They're all gorgeous and look wonderful on you!
Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll get lots of use and enjoyment from the piece for many years to come.

That doesn't help at all, right? :lol:

Here are my thoughts/considerations:

Would you wear one more than the other given your particular lifestyle and personal style?

Does it matter if others notice? I think the ring might not always be noticed by others, but the first bracelet (3 ctw) would be hard to miss.

If you tell yourself you're going with a particular option, do you feel happy/disappointed?

Based on your photos, I'd be inclined to go with the first bracelet (3 ctw), and I'm someone who has always loved eternity rings.

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Rinkyb and December-fire!

december-fire|1487181762|4129197 said:
Would you wear one more than the other given your particular lifestyle and personal style?

Does it matter if others notice? I think the ring might not always be noticed by others, but the first bracelet (3 ctw) would be hard to miss.

If you tell yourself you're going with a particular option, do you feel happy/disappointed?

These are great questions and exactly what I need to help me reason this out.

I'd probably wear them both, maybe the eternity a tad more. I'd take off the bracelet for weekend hiking and other outdoor adventures. If I get the tennis bracelet it would be a 2ctw so I feel it would not be as attention-seeking as a 3ct. I'm pretty simple in the way I dress and I wouldn't want to call lots of attention to it.

But I also don't wear a lot of necklaces and big earrings, so the bracelet would be THE statement piece in my wardrobe.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your wedding ring and e ring just the way it is. It's perfect! Wearing the eternity on the right had is certainly a great option but the bracelet offers more sparkle. I would go with the bracelet.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1487185775|4129233 said:
I love your wedding ring and e ring just the way it is. It's perfect! Wearing the eternity on the right had is certainly a great option but the bracelet offers more sparkle. I would go with the bracelet.

Agree. Bracelet for sure.

I prefer the wedding set without the eternity band. I like your yellow gold right hand ring, and prefer it to another blingy band. Bracelet. And you will get used to the 3 carat very quickly. Don't do 2. 3 looks very proportional on you.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to return to revise my wording.

Stating that the bracelet would be noticed more by others sounds like I'm saying that choosing the bracelet would mean you're looking for attention or trying to impress others. Sorry. Not at all what I meant, and probably not how you interpreted my poorly-worded comment, but I had to clarify my meaning for my own peace of mind.

I can picture the bracelet being worn every day to an office as well as more formal events or out on the town. Love it! :))

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, luv2sparkle and LLJsmom!

It's interesting to hear you prefer my wedding set as is. DH agrees with you and is also in favor of the bracelet over the eternity. I also rotate this RHR with my grandma's antique band which has a lot of sentimental value, while I don't have any other bracelets.

LLJsmom|1487186290|4129236 said:
luv2sparkle|1487185775|4129233 said:

Agree. Bracelet for sure.

I prefer the wedding set without the eternity band. I like your yellow gold right hand ring, and prefer it to another blingy band. Bracelet. And you will get used to the 3 carat very quickly. Don't do 2. 3 looks very proportional on you.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love tennis bracelets! Just for price comparison, I would suggest getting a quote from IDJewelry as well.

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
december-fire|1487187830|4129255 said:
I had to return to revise my wording.

Stating that the bracelet would be noticed more by others sounds like I'm saying that choosing the bracelet would mean you're looking for attention or trying to impress others. Sorry. Not at all what I meant, and probably not how you interpreted my poorly-worded comment, but I had to clarify my meaning for my own peace of mind.

I can picture the bracelet being worn every day to an office as well as more formal events or out on the town. Love it! :))

I completely understood your meaning the first time and did not interpret it that way at all. :twirl: Different size jewels call for different levels of attention in varying places and circumstances, right?

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
PintoBean|1487190411|4129277 said:
I love tennis bracelets! Just for price comparison, I would suggest getting a quote from IDJewelry as well.

Thank you, pintobean! Do you have one from them? If so, are you happy with their quality?

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's really hard to choose from this options. To tell the truth I have both, and I wear the eternity almost on a daily basis. I have a 4.2 ct. tennis bracelet, and I really have got used to it very quickly. DSS is real! I try to wear it more often, than after we purchased it, and if I do it, i really like the look.If you decide for a bracelet go for the 3 ct., you won't regret it.

I know , I'm no help, I just wanted to give you an opinion.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really depends on your lifestyle. I considered a diamond bracelet at one point but wear long sleeves most of the time so bracelets get covered by clothing unless I happened to buy a 3/4 or bracelet length top. Even in the summer, my office is so cold that I need a cardigan or jacket to stay warm. So my choice was an eternity.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Love your e-ring! that's a tough call. I would love to get both! but if I had to choose. I would do eternity band now and bracelet later.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bracelet.

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too love your wedding set just the way it is - gorgeous! I would choose the tennis bracelet and while I know price is always a concern, the 3 carat one looks beautiful on you. I would do that without hesitation!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
I like the tennis bracelet on you. If you don't have a bracelet yet, I think that's the route to go.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the 3 ct bracelet. I do like a diamond band, but that particular one doesn't look like it fits well with your other rings. Maybe it isn't the correct ring size? I'd want the height of the diamond band to be no greater than the gold wedding band. I might try on other styles of diamond bands if you really want one. It is a really pretty set as it is, though!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
From the photos you posted, definitely the bracelet!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the 3ct bracelet!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
I would save up for the 3ct instead of the 2ct tennis bracelet. I really like how the 3 ct looks on you!

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much, ladies! I really appreciate your comments.

It all boiled down to the question december-fire asked above: I think I'd be disappointed if I didn't get the bracelet, so I'm going for it.

I'll keep you posted!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
omd21,

Wonderful! Congratulations!

Its such a timeless piece that I'm sure you'll have years of enjoyment from it! :appl:

I just wish I could follow my own advice and make up my mind! :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that's wonderful omd21! Can't wait to see it - I think you are gonna love it!!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto on the bracelet...now I want one for myself. Don't forget to update us and can't wait for your hand (wrist) shots (pls!!).

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you choose the two or three ct? I have had both and prefer the three ct.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your choice, I think you'll love it! I know I'm late, but I was going to say the 3 ctw bracelet looks amazing on you and not at all attention seeking. It's elegant and tasteful.

I also have to say that I die every time I see your e-ring, and I ADORE it with your wedding band. Perfection! Also, is that gold leaf band you're wearing in the first photo yours or were you trying it on? It looks smashing on you as a RHR!!!! I kinda want one too :twirl: .

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for the nice words, ladies, and for your advice. I'm glad that a place like this exists where I can get objective feedback. I promise to keep you updated.

Aprilbaby - It looks like getting the 3 ctw is going to work out within my budget, which is great. I have a couple of quotes from two vendors. I'm just trying to gauge at this point which one will have the best quality, so I've been reading some past threads.

JDDN|1487459853|4130616 said:
I also have to say that I die every time I see your e-ring, and I ADORE it with your wedding band. Perfection! Also, is that gold leaf band you're wearing in the first photo yours or were you trying it on? It looks smashing on you as a RHR!!!! I kinda want one too :twirl: .

JDDN, thank you so much for complimenting my wedding rings. It took me a long time to find a setting that I really liked. I came across a thread of yours where you were discussing upgrading, but not wanting to go too big, and I resonated with so much of what you said. I think eventually I will end up closer to 2 cts but, on the other hand, sometimes I feel like by upgrading I'm risking changing my setting and not loving it as much as I like it this way. I too tend to go for simpler designs and I love solitaires and three-stone rings. If I ever upgrade I'd probably be right under two carats and put in between two tapered baguettes or two tiny pears. I think we have very similar taste.

The RHR is mine, it's from Tiffany and it's called the "olive leaf" band. You should get one. :angel: It's very comfy. My close friend has it in silver and I love it in that metal as well.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great choice! I thinK a tennis bracelet just adds that "oomph" to any occasion. I don't think you will regret it!

I recently took the plunge myself and bought one as well from IDJ. I LOVE it and am very happy I bought it! Price/quality ratio can't be beat!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures when yours comes in. The 3ctw on you looks far larger than the ctw would imply!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results