shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me something good

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You must be so relieved! Those tests are so scary and I am glad you've cleared that hurdle. <3

Thank you @Cerulean and congratulations on your new job offer! So exciting. Wishing you much success.

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
I am wearing this dress today and it fits because I lost 83lbs!!! I was so terrified of going back to work after cancer, menopause & lockdown weight gain. It took a full 14 months but today (at 54) I’m wearing a size 4!

Attachments

• 5B54BB68-8FD3-4DCB-8731-17A625A6D626.jpeg
    5B54BB68-8FD3-4DCB-8731-17A625A6D626.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 22

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carly went to the vet today and weighed in at over 17lbs, the vet remarked “your cat is bigger than your dog” lol!

She is all good and healthy though so that’s my good for today.

FA0AD837-C724-4C38-AB98-FDA335E5AAA4.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carly went to the vet today and weighed in at over 17lbs, the vet remarked “your cat is bigger than your dog” lol!

One of my dearest friends daughter's name is, Carly. But she is a strawberry blonde. :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2E622D81-C35E-49DE-9965-7B9D162B592D.jpeg I’m sitting in front of a fire in my comfiest clothes with two of my ten favourite mammals ::)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally feel as though I'm finding my groove after moving across the US. We also went from a spacious 4 bedroom home which we owned to a little two bedroom apartment & have finally found our flow! We plan to buy a house sometime early next year but it's nice to feel like we can all function & live well in this space!

Now time to try to meet friends! Which is also always more difficult than it sounds because we don't keep acquaintances well. DH & I both enjoy only having a few very deep and meaningful connections. Any recommendations for how to make friends as an adult in a new place? Also not surface level friendships, but ones you build and keep for hopefully a very long time?

@LemonMoonLex
Are you no longer in NM?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not going to seem good but hang in there.

Driving my older son to school this morning and we were talking about crazy things that happened when the kids were young, there was one incident with our older son that really shook me up.

We were with my friend at a private pool club, she is a state trooper, so a trustworthy friend and it was me, DH and E (older son) and her and her son, our kids were both around two years old. The pool was packed, she told us to go ahead and enjoy the pool and she would keep an eye on E. I didn’t have my glasses on so couldn’t see well for distance. We had been in the pool maybe five minutes when we noticed E was on the side of the pool soaking wet with a couple. Turns out he had walked away from my friend and went looking for us, he was on the steps of the pool and took a step and fell straight down in. Someone that I didn’t even know saw him and pulled him out. Goes without saying that now I know not to trust anyone to keep an eye on the kids and I always make sure life jackets are on for too young or not strong swimmers.

My good is that there are kind people who will help in an emergency and one of them saved my son, will never stop being thankful for that.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@LemonMoonLex
Are you no longer in NM?

Nope! Ahh so crazy I know, I was born & raised there. It will always be home, the desert....but I wanted lushness & have for some time. I've always had an Infatuation with the forest and how I feel in it. We moved to the PNW & the change has been wonderful. Seeing the ocean, where the shoreline meets the forest is a dream, and one I've had since I was a little girl.

NM will always be home, and I will come back to it as I still have family there but the change has been wonderful!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope! Ahh so crazy I know, I was born & raised there. It will always be home, the desert....but I wanted lushness & have for some time. I've always had an Infatuation with the forest and how I feel in it. We moved to the PNW & the change has been wonderful. Seeing the ocean, where the shoreline meets the forest is a dream, and one I've had since I was a little girl.

NM will always be home, and I will come back to it as I still have family there but the change has been wonderful!

Wow, that's quite a change! Good luck there!
I am originally from PA, so coming to NM was serious change, too. I do miss the greenery, but not the humidity!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Happiness is: When your kitchen has just been painted and gotten new jewelry on the cabinet doors Oh so clean!
Happiness is: Having good neighbors who know how to paint your rooms and ceilings like a pro.
Happiness is having neighbors who run errands for you to post-office and grocery stores.
Happiness is being able to stay at home.

Annette

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

People either opened or held the door open for me today. One of life's simple pleasures.

And I plan to put up the Christmas tree this weekend or Monday at the latest. I'll welcome the pretty lights. They cheer me up anytime of the year; and I have colored lights in my house, somewhere, all year 'round.

cheers--Sharon

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Omfg. She is ADORABLE. Stop. So cute. Can I squeeze her??? I love her!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aw thanks, she is a total cuddle bug too and just loves people. We rescued her from a municipal animal shelter about 9 years ago, someone just left her as a kitten in a box!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
FECDB6DD-2DF2-47C7-93DF-FD70ED12FB5C.jpeg Aw thanks, she is a total cuddle bug too and just loves people. We rescued her from a municipal animal shelter about 9 years ago, someone just left her as a kitten in a box!

I love love love her coloring! And her chub! That picture is too cute. I have my own little Calico, her name is Daisy. I was showing Daisy Carly’s photo and telling her how cute they both are, haha!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sprinkles&Stones, she is a beauty! Those eyes are amazing, calico kitties are a special breed for sure.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nooool! I called dibs first! Like, a loooong time ago!!
Yada.....me and Sprinkles are fighting over Carly.....!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love her coloring! And her chub! That picture is too cute. I have my own little Calico, her name is Daisy. I was showing Daisy Carly’s photo and telling her how cute they both are, haha!

Gaaaahhhh! I love this fuzzy one tooooo!!
These colorful kitties are so gorgeous!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sprinkles&Stones and @stracci2000, well you’re going to have to fight him then, as you can see they are a bonded pair. He was also really asleep here and she was just purring away under the covers.

A0EE447E-DC5C-4EBB-A23E-239DE0739D14.jpeg

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Reading this thread…the only one I read in hangout because everything else is depressing. Thankful that I have the week off and can spend it with the family.

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
My goods today (well, technically yesterday up to last night):
  • My dad and I got into a rather bad argument yesterday, yelling and all, but we quickly made up before we were even halfway to our destination. He stopped the car and pulled over and we gave each other a big hug before we continued travelling.
  • I cleaned my room last night and I'm pleasantly surprised at how spacious it actually is without all the clutter :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock

Adorable kitty!

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that's quite a change! Good luck there!
I am originally from PA, so coming to NM was serious change, too. I do miss the greenery, but not the humidity!

I did grad school in ABQ. The weather this time of year is so wonderful.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did grad school in ABQ. The weather this time of year is so wonderful.

Yes, it's been 45° in the morning and 70° in the afternoon here in ABQ. Hopefully we will only get snow a few times all winter. I'll take it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results