shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me something good

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I would be pretty happy playing with your rings too, I’ll just join the kids :lol:

Yes of course if you will also bring your rings along for me to admire just as my daughter did lol. I would enjoy playing with yours very much.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our seven year old gave me the biggest laugh today. He was mortified that you have to kill a turkey for Thanksgiving. So he said he would just eat the “Thanksgiving jelly” (cranberry sauce) and skip the turkey :lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH has been working crazy hours for the last two weeks but we went out on a nice lunch date today. It was perfect just hanging out together in the middle of his work chaos.

My sweet kitty, Zoey, came up on the bed for some cuddles this morning. There are few things that surpass kitty cuddles for this girl.

Edited to add a pic of my baby, because it's always better with pics.
(she has two ears…she‘s just laying on one).

20210724_090658.jpg

Last edited:

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow @icy_jade what a beautiful collection of rings! I would find it hard to pick a favourite.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Wow @icy_jade what a beautiful collection of rings! I would find it hard to pick a favourite.

Thank you @Garnetgirl! I don’t quite have a favorite either. My fav is typically the newest ring lol.

I’m just glad to see some signs of interest from my kids. While I could liquidate my blings next time if my kids really end up not enjoying them, I would love to pass them on and hopefully for them to be enjoyed by my family to remember me by.

Her favorite is this butterfly ring that can also be a pendant. Followed by the pearl “love birds” ring and then the panda. All the cute animals/creatures. Previously her favs were opals for their “rainbows”. It’s cute to see what she enjoys and how it changes.

1C6DD7A6-8032-4A69-B370-2F4D49D4C49C.jpeg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on finding *home* in your new place ::)

Some of my closest friends are from random walks of life - literally! One - the barista I saw every morning - turned out we were basically living the same life, only difference was our part-time jobs! Another I met at an art museum - I can’t take credit for meeting her though, we both kept backtracking to the same gallery and she introduced herself when we saw each other for the third time :lol:

Thank you Dear Yssie <3

I love that answer, although it's always easier said then done I'm sure! I try to be approachable but I don't think that I always look it, so it can make these meet cutes quite difficult. I also have a bit of social anxiety that has become more prominent with the pandemic that I've been fighting through with each in-person "Hello!" but I'm determined to not let it hold me back from making friends.

Ideally we'd love to make friends with a couple, so we could go on fun double dates! Where I'm friends with the wife & he's friends with the husband & on & on...but my partner and I are so vastly different that I'm not sure if our possible friend pools would overlap! He tends to make friends with those similar to him, yet I would say that mine are much more eclectic & can be from all walks of life.

We'll see what life brings us! I'm going to remember your stories of meeting your good friends & try to keep my heart open! I suppose we may not get the friendships we want but more of the ones that we need, & that is fine with me.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
gosh making friends as an adult is TOUGH
i am in a similar place, although i haven't relocated...just cut out some friendships and am excited to meet new, different people in my existing city

but i think a shared interest is a great place to start - depending on where you are, I have actually found some Meetup communities to be lovely, i also plan to join a swim team and a choir at some point to meet new people and had fun joining a community garden (more acquaintances, though)

FYI - i met my husband at a Philosophy meetup! :lol:

not sure where you are, but if you are in Chicago let me know! :roll:

Cerulean, those are great ways to meet possible friends!
I've thought about joining some groups. I would love to get more into rock climbing, which can foster pretty close bonds; as those you partner with literally have a hand in keeping you safe while climbing! ha Some groups that are more cerebral might be the way to go though, as we might be in the same headspace to share & connect.

I love that you met your partner in a philosophy group! I would be curious to hear the full story!! Oh how I wish we lived closer! I would love to share my collection with you & talk about all of the dreamy magical projects we have swirling around in our brains for the future & if any sentimental ties they hold.

& You're right - Making friends as an adult is terrifyingly difficult. Especially if you want to foster deep & meaningful connections! I'm older now & not as bold; less vulnerable. I've worked hard to build a bubble that protects my wellbeing and sanity. When you put yourself out there you open yourself up for judgement & possible denial & its scary! You also hope that you're a good judge of character so you're putting your faith in the right people.

I've learned the valuable lesson over time that not everyone, in fact, hardly anyone is deserving of my full story & to be careful who I share it with. I'm protective of my privacy now but am still human & would like connection, especially in person...so its a trade off of sorts! You give a little in hopes you'll get a little and the cycle can keep going in the most healthy & supportive way.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I said “I’m not working all night, I’m going to bed”. And I’m now cozy in bed with a couple of candles and a couple of cats.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
After one month of feeling so sad / depressed and cold :) and lonely, I'm finally starting to feel better and starting to enjoy life in England :)

Welcome to England!:D

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dryer's automatic cycle has not been working properly, and the timer needed for the repair has been on backorder for months. The part has finally come in! The repairman will install it Thursday.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Booked my Covid booster in another town two days ago for 17 November, and I shall combine the trip with a meal and some grocery shopping for Asian ingredients to make it worthwhile.

New lab/MMD earrings from Ouros arrived yesterday and I love them. :kiss2:

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My "Something good" this week.

My uterine biopsy is benign!!!

Whew, what a relief.
Still dealing with issues but so relieved it isn't cancer.

dothewave.gif

yayy.gif

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son David said my pumpkin bread is delicious. He was using his finger to get all the crumbs off his plate. He’s autistic so he gets a pass for that. :lol:

@MamaBee: don't you know that the rules of etiquette state that if something is really really good, you can use your fingers to get every crumb - either that, or pick up and lick the plate! ;)2

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I truly love this thread - so many good things:
  • Today the sun is out and it's beautiful here;
  • I get to dog sit (actually doggy day care) my ex's aging puppy today. Talk about cuddles and snuggles!
  • I'm loving my official retirement and enjoying the process of figuring out what's next in my life;
  • I am content!
  • Just about every time I log on, I feel grateful for how lucky we all are to have our @missy here. Congrats on the great biopsy news!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I truly love this thread - so many good things:
  • Today the sun is out and it's beautiful here;
  • I get to dog sit (actually doggy day care) my ex's aging puppy today. Talk about cuddles and snuggles!
  • I'm loving my official retirement and enjoying the process of figuring out what's next in my life;
  • I am content!
  • Just about every time I log on, I feel grateful for how lucky we all are to have our @missy here. Congrats on the great biopsy news!

Same here - very grateful for @missy :D

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great News @missy !! Congratulations on your all clear!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee: don't you know that the rules of etiquette state that if something is really really good, you can use your fingers to get every crumb - either that, or pick up and lick the plate! ;)2

I agree @minousbijoux..I won’t tell my husband though..He may start doing that! :lol:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Cerulean, those are great ways to meet possible friends!
I've thought about joining some groups. I would love to get more into rock climbing, which can foster pretty close bonds; as those you partner with literally have a hand in keeping you safe while climbing! ha Some groups that are more cerebral might be the way to go though, as we might be in the same headspace to share & connect.

I love that you met your partner in a philosophy group! I would be curious to hear the full story!! Oh how I wish we lived closer! I would love to share my collection with you & talk about all of the dreamy magical projects we have swirling around in our brains for the future & if any sentimental ties they hold.

& You're right - Making friends as an adult is terrifyingly difficult. Especially if you want to foster deep & meaningful connections! I'm older now & not as bold; less vulnerable. I've worked hard to build a bubble that protects my wellbeing and sanity. When you put yourself out there you open yourself up for judgement & possible denial & its scary! You also hope that you're a good judge of character so you're putting your faith in the right people.

I've learned the valuable lesson over time that not everyone, in fact, hardly anyone is deserving of my full story & to be careful who I share it with. I'm protective of my privacy now but am still human & would like connection, especially in person...so its a trade off of sorts! You give a little in hopes you'll get a little and the cycle can keep going in the most healthy & supportive way.

Rock climbing is a fabulous idea! I think can't hurt to diversify and see who you mesh with too! That's my game plan anyways. :mrgreen:

And you're sweet! I showed up to the philosophy group with (less than) zero expectations - and there he was! He asked me out and we've been together ever since!

And you are absolutely right to feel precious about your time and energy. It's hard enough to open yourself up, but it has to be to the right people. It's taken me a lot of time to figure that out too, and I am done giving up my time and energy to people who aren't worthy or take too much! Sometimes you have to learn the hard way, or it takes someone time to reveal who they are in the long run...but I think it's better to try and fall on your face than not try at all!

I keep thinking about how I am "tendi[ing] my own garden" at this stage in my life. Building a home I like spending time in, finding nourishing relationships and hobbies, and leaning into the fact that I may not change the world (as many very young people aspire to), but at least I can work everyday on being a good (and better) person. It's given me a lot of hope and excitement to think about things in that way.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
My "Something good" this week.

My uterine biopsy is benign!!!

Whew, what a relief.
Still dealing with issues but so relieved it isn't cancer.

dothewave.gif

yayy.gif

You must be so relieved! Those tests are so scary and I am glad you've cleared that hurdle. <3

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

I am absolutely shameless with yummy food...I forget myself sometimes.

I very recently had an incredible dish of cassoulet (which has duck confit in it)...and picked up the whole darn leg of duck to absentmindedly gnaw on it while dining in a BEAUTIFUL French bistro...

I was 2 cocktails deep into the evening and forgot myself. Whoopsies! :lol: My grandmother would've been horrified!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I got rid of a necklace a couple of years ago in a de-cluttering spree and was surprised to regret it later, since I very rarely wore it (which is why I got rid of it). I bought it about twenty years ago.

Anyway, I just found one exactly like it secondhand on ebay and snagged it. I can't believe my great good luck!

(Wondering if I'll just ignore it again though lol).

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results