carat
color
clarity

Tell me something good

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m loving this thread ::)
Today’s good news - I’m talking with a friend. Our friendship has been a long and somewhat convoluted (not in a bad way) journey. I’m really enjoying being in a place where we can talk, meaningfully and openly ❤️

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I went to the dentist last Thursday and they said my teeth was perfect and didn't need much cleaning. I get that every year though... but I still think it's good news! Keeping all my teeth for another year 8-) ...

Finished a huge project at work and got kudos.

My fever broke at noon today and I went for a walk. And omg didn't realize it was so cold. But the trees were turning and looked so beautiful.

My 12 year old got nearly perfect grades and is talking more in school now.

Not my personal good news, but my niece is in Vegas right now for her cousin's birthday and just won $14.5k on the slot machine!!! :eek2:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get to live in the mountains! Driving home seeing the sunset over mountains with a dusting of fresh snow or looking out my bedroom window seeing the sunrise coloring the mountain just beyond out property or being surrounded by mountains on all sides as I come out from the grocery store.... It is so peaceful and wonderful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband and I got to visit with my parents yesterday. We spent the entire visit outdoors. It was wonderful to see them. They are getting older and more frail and I am acutely aware that our time together is limited. I cherish every moment.

Terrible photo but the only one I took. (If anyone has the secret to good selfies please tell me lol).

My dad is almost blind in one eye from mac degen and glaucoma and the eye injections causing his eye to droop. That is why his eye is almost shut. Of course I ask him (always) to please wear sunglasses but that request (always) goes unheeded. What can I say. Age has not made my parents any less stubborn. :wink2:
daddyandmissynov32021.png

My dad is such a jokester. He told me yesterday he felt more like 88 than 87. :lol:

Anyway that is my something good from yesterday. We got to see my parents!
And two of their cats JJ and Zoe :love: from a distance at least. They were trying to say hello as we sat out in the backyard. :)

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 6.42.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 6.42.37 AM.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a great new local source for packing peanuts and bubble wrap yesterday! They typically supply to (much!!!) bigger enterprises than my little shop LOL. I managed to get the peanuts into my SUV but TR brought the bubble wrap home for me in his truck. :lol:

EE3BDAEE-254C-42FF-88D8-BD7D34F7091E.jpeg 44596DE0-0918-41CC-A03E-40BF21E0C41D.jpeg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I finally feel as though I'm finding my groove after moving across the US. We also went from a spacious 4 bedroom home which we owned to a little two bedroom apartment & have finally found our flow! We plan to buy a house sometime early next year but it's nice to feel like we can all function & live well in this space!

Now time to try to meet friends! Which is also always more difficult than it sounds because we don't keep acquaintances well. DH & I both enjoy only having a few very deep and meaningful connections. Any recommendations for how to make friends as an adult in a new place? Also not surface level friendships, but ones you build and keep for hopefully a very long time?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally feel as though I'm finding my groove after moving across the US. We also went from a spacious 4 bedroom home which we owned to a little two bedroom apartment & have finally found our flow! We plan to buy a house sometime early next year but it's nice to feel like we can all function & live well in this space!

Now time to try to meet friends! Which is also always more difficult than it sounds because we don't keep acquaintances well. DH & I both enjoy only having a few very deep and meaningful connections. Any recommendations for how to make friends as an adult in a new place? Also not surface level friendships, but ones you build and keep for hopefully a very long time?

Congrats on finding *home* in your new place ::)

Some of my closest friends are from random walks of life - literally! One - the barista I saw every morning - turned out we were basically living the same life, only difference was our part-time jobs! Another I met at an art museum - I can’t take credit for meeting her though, we both kept backtracking to the same gallery and she introduced herself when we saw each other for the third time :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starbucks’ holiday drinks are out! I’m typing from my phone in the car with a caramel brulee latte that is delightful :love:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

gosh making friends as an adult is TOUGH
i am in a similar place, although i haven't relocated...just cut out some friendships and am excited to meet new, different people in my existing city

but i think a shared interest is a great place to start - depending on where you are, I have actually found some Meetup communities to be lovely, i also plan to join a swim team and a choir at some point to meet new people and had fun joining a community garden (more acquaintances, though)

FYI - i met my husband at a Philosophy meetup! :lol:

not sure where you are, but if you are in Chicago let me know! :roll:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
i am finally back on my feet again after fracturing my leg - i took my dog on a walk for the first time in 6 weeks, cooked the BEST boeuf bourguignon i've ever made, and finally get to resume going to the farmer's market (my Saturday morning ritual)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 1.5 year old grandson has been sick for the last three days. He developed a cough so my daughter-in-law brought him in for a Covid test yesterday morning. It just came back negative!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw thanks @MamaBee, it’s easier online though especially being an introvert ;)2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for today, our 14 year old son is at his first high school football game with a group of friends he made this year. I love that he has found his tribe :angel:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Good thing #1:
My lunch order was wrong today, and then my Starbucks order was also wrong. After a brief cry in the car (many things have been going wrong today) my dad texted me saying “$500 on the way to you because mom and I are so proud of all your hard work and accomplishments in your career and we are proud to call you ours”. Okay MORE tears! But good tears now!

Good thing #2: my kitties blood sugar is finally at a stable level, and the vet is pleased with his diabetes treatment. He is feeling better too! Yay!

Good thing #3: a package I ordered arrived early! It’s the small things :)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
My daughter happily took out her rings for me to admire when I was going through my ring tray today, and then started going through my rings to rank her favorites. Was super tickled by that! Hopefully my bling collection is part of her happy childhood memories. My son wasn’t left out as he picked out 13 rings that he liked too. She is 5 and he is 7.

0754E837-486F-4FED-B834-0AEF548E09D5.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter happily took out her rings for me to admire when I was going through my ring tray today, and then started going through my rings to rank her favorites. Was super tickled by that! Hopefully my bling collection is part of her happy childhood memories. My son wasn’t left out as he picked out 13 rings that he liked too. She is 5 and he is 7.

0754E837-486F-4FED-B834-0AEF548E09D5.jpeg
I would be pretty happy playing with your rings too, I’ll just join the kids :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results