shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me how much I overspent

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the step cut personally bc it's more classic, which is good for an engagement ring. The scissor cut is really cool and unique, but I see it more as a right hand ring style vs engagement ring.

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the step cut personally bc it's more classic, which is good for an engagement ring. The scissor cut is really cool and unique, but I see it more as a right hand ring style vs engagement ring.
I see both points. Might need to create a poll:lol:

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
“Oh, what a beautiful emerald”, is what 90%(+?) of (non-ps) folks would probably say about that tsavorite. :)
For this reason, I think the scissor cut might set it apart from 99% of emeralds.....

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@kruler2113 the Tsavorites look gorgeous :love:. I’m glad Bruce had such great options for you! Tsavorites are beautiful and one of my favorites, but as others have mentioned, it’s a good idea to be sure your girlfriend doesn’t have her heart set on an emerald, just in case.
If you are still exploring emeralds, here is a dark green one I came across https://www.etsy.com/listing/731621...emerald-with-agl?ref=shop_home_active_2&frs=1 . I don’t know what is acceptable as far as emerald treatments go, but this one says it was oiled in the mine only and also has a strong blue secondary and comes with an AGL brief.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m team step cut on this one (words I don’t say that often...), assuming she’s ok with not an emerald.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kruler2113 the Tsavorites look gorgeous :love:. I’m glad Bruce had such great options for you! Tsavorites are beautiful and one of my favorites, but as others have mentioned, it’s a good idea to be sure your girlfriend doesn’t have her heart set on an emerald, just in case.
If you are still exploring emeralds, here is a dark green one I came across https://www.etsy.com/listing/731621...emerald-with-agl?ref=shop_home_active_2&frs=1 . I don’t know what is acceptable as far as emerald treatments go, but this one says it was oiled in the mine only and also has a strong blue secondary and comes with an AGL brief.
Sigh, no commentary on origin or the amount of clarity enhancement. The AGL briefs are too sparse. :cry2:

I’m an emerald lover, but I think the biggest bang for the buck is the tsavorite, especially if the gf wants a medium dark gem. I also think it’s the safest purchase for a newbie as you don’t have to worry about treatment, setting with internal fractures, durability, and the appearance of the gem after a few years as the resin dissipates.

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
Sigh, no commentary on origin or the amount of clarity enhancement. The AGL briefs are too sparse. :cry2:

I’m an emerald lover, but I think the biggest bang for the buck is the tsavorite, especially if the gf wants a medium dark gem. I also think it’s the safest purchase for a newbie as you don’t have to worry about treatment, setting with internal fractures, durability, and the appearance of the gem after a few years as the resin dissipates.
Now how could you think I’m a newbie, I have been nothing but knowledgeable so far;)2

Starting to look like tsavorite is the choice.....but man that emerald is so close to being a winner. Ugh this is hard. I’m certain my gf just wants a green stone. When we first started this journey, she was ok with a lab-made emerald:sick:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now how could you think I’m a newbie, I have been nothing but knowledgeable so far;)2

Starting to look like tsavorite is the choice.....but man that emerald is so close to being a winner. Ugh this is hard. I’m certain my gf just wants a green stone. When we first started this journey, she was ok with a lab-made emerald:sick:
At least tsavorite is a natural gem, and it’s very rare, found in only one location in the world. I think if she didn’t want such a dark stone, it would be easier to find a decent emerald in your budget, but each darker gem comes with too many unknowns and/or is inferior to the tsavorite in appearance, and/or is out of your budget and/or doesn’t meet your size specs.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Thinking out loud...

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
At least tsavorite is a natural gem, and it’s very rare, found in only one location in the world. I think if she didn’t want such a dark stone, it would be easier to find a decent emerald in your budget, but each darker gem comes with too many unknowns and/or is inferior to the tsavorite in appearance, and/or is out of your budget and/or doesn’t meet your size specs.
No kidding, it’s comical how complicated I’ve made things. I’ve taken everything into consideration and I think unless someone finds a miracle gem in the coming days, it’ll be the step cut tsav for me. You made a great point on rather having it look like an emerald than tourmaline. I think I gravitated toward the scissor for the slightly less elongated dimensions, but I think the difference is so marginal, I’m being too picky. I have it on hold until Monday, which is when BE is “making their decision” on my refund. So stay tuned for that.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Late to the thread, but also furious for you that BE is not honoring their word for a straight refund. :angryfire::angryfire:

I liked some of their settings but never bought anything from them as they always seemed overpriced to me. At one point I messaged their customer support to ask whether they'd set a stone I own into their setting, and they insisted I should buy a loose gem from them to be used. I was immediately like HAHA, AT THOSE INFLATED PRICES, AND NO LAB REPORTS FOR GEMSTONES, NO THANKS!

Anyway, one could always hope, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you'll get the right resolution whether that's through BE or your credit card company.

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
Late to the thread, but also furious for you that BE is not honoring their word for a straight refund. :angryfire::angryfire:

I liked some of their settings but never bought anything from them as they always seemed overpriced to me. At one point I messaged their customer support to ask whether they'd set a stone I own into their setting, and they insisted I should buy a loose gem from them to be used. I was immediately like HAHA, AT THOSE INFLATED PRICES, AND NO LAB REPORTS FOR GEMSTONES, NO THANKS!

Anyway, one could always hope, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you'll get the right resolution whether that's through BE or your credit card company.
Welcome to the party! Yeah it’s frustrating, but I think I’m close to getting my money back. I’ve talked to 2 higher ups so far and it sounds like they’re fighting a losing battle. I’ve been told twice now that they are unable to sell the stone because they sell “new stones” not used ones. I called BS. The stone is not owned by me, it has not been paid for or received by me. Also, they’re telling me that if I purchase a $1,000,000 diamond outright and I return it within their 30 day refund window, they just take a 1mil hit? Throw it away since in this case it’s actually pre-owned? Yeah....I don’t think so folks.

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
I was just sent these darker emeralds from the vendor who agreed to a refundable Gia report. I really like the 2.51, color wise it’s near perfect (to me). It’s $3,200. Thoughts? ECD7D284-CE34-4E1A-9A60-3308A8C5BD51.jpeg A928ED66-6465-4E0B-9347-DBA268B1FB02.jpeg

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just sent these darker emeralds from the vendor who agreed to a refundable Gia report. I really like the 2.51, color wise it’s near perfect (to me). It’s $3,200. Thoughts? ECD7D284-CE34-4E1A-9A60-3308A8C5BD51.jpeg A928ED66-6465-4E0B-9347-DBA268B1FB02.jpeg
I still prefer the tsavorite. The 2.51 has a window, which didn't bother me when you didn't have better options, but now you do!

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
I still prefer the tsavorite. The 2.51 has a window, which didn't bother me when you didn't have better options, but now you do!
Perhaps the window could warrant a price drop. I would still like an emerald if I can help it...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the color and cut of the 1.7.

Are you SURE that she needs an elongated cut? I think the color and quality of the cut should be more important than specifics of the shape, but of course I'm not her.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be careful of surface cracks on the table or internal fissures that would require a super extra careful jeweler to set (especially in platinum), I would ask about that. The window is smaller in this one, but it might still be annoying to your gf. Are these Columbian?

I like the elongated one better, because despite the window, it’s much cleaner.

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the color and cut of the 1.7.

Are you SURE that she needs an elongated cut? I think the color and quality of the cut should be more important than specifics of the shape, but of course I'm not her.
This, I am absolutely certain. She only would consider an elongated stone. I also reached out to Bruce about some more tsavs in the 3-4K range.

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
Be careful of surface cracks on the table or internal fissures that would require a super extra careful jeweler to set (especially in platinum), I would ask about that. The window is smaller in this one, but it might still be annoying to your gf. Are these Columbian?

I like the elongated one better, because despite the window, it’s much cleaner.
They claim Colombia. This would be proven or not later in the report. Should I talk her down from $3,200 based on the table? What would you pay for it personally?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They claim Colombia. This would be proven or not later in the report. Should I talk her down from $3,200 based on the table? What would you pay for it personally?
That’s actually a good price for those considering if they have minor treatment or better. It’s not much more $$ than those pallid ones they showed you earlier. I think they realize you aren’t as “stupid” as the average customer. :twisted2:

Emeralds typically look horrible in natural diffused sunlight photos. If they’re Columbian, and if you see them in person, you might be pleasantly surprised...,or not. Unfortunately, emeralds need to be seen in person. I would check their rating on the bbb.org. This is the Florida company, right?

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
That’s actually a good price for those considering if they have minor treatment or better. It’s not much more $$ than those pallid ones they showed you earlier. I think they realize you aren’t as “stupid” as the average customer. :twisted2:

Emeralds typically look horrible in natural diffused sunlight photos. If they’re Columbian, and if you see them in person, you might be pleasantly surprised...,or not. Unfortunately, emeralds need to be seen in person. I would check their rating on the bbb.org. This is the Florida company, right?
Yes, the Florida company.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the Florida company.
Will they eat the cost of the GIA report if it doesn’t come out with what you’re expecting, or Columbian origin? Will they send the stone there, or you?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will they eat the cost of the GIA report if it doesn’t come out with what you’re expecting, or Columbian origin? Will they send the stone there, or you?
I think they told OP that they would eat the cost if it didn't come out the way they promised on clarity. No idea about origin. And that they'd send to gia.

Reactions: T L

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the tsavorite by the way, but emerald is my favorite gem, and they’re just both very different IMO. I own several tsavorite, and I love them, but it’s my emeralds I wear and enjoy the most.

That being said, I’m looking forward to what Bruce has for you. You really can’t go wrong with a beautiful tsavorite.

kruler2113

Shiny_Rock
I talked them down to $2,730, Gia guarantee still agreed upon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results