shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me about "the one that got away" - or better yet, show

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With so many unique and one-of-a-kind pieces out there, I'll bet that there's one you missed out on and still think about from time to time. Let's commiserate!

I'll go first:

There have been two OECs on LT lately and they were well-priced and looked like good performers. Ultimately I decided to save my budget for something bigger, but wow - I still think I may have missed a great opportunity! Pics below. Can't wait to hear YOUR stories of "love and loss" ;-)

0472fac78856e71580249af9017d5c73.jpg

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Re: Tell me about

I have been lusting after this black opal with diamonds. It is still for sale but I can't have it. :boohoo:
opal_2.jpg
opal_2_0.jpg

Q

Queenie60

I missed out on Soxfans sapphire three stone ring a few months back. I didn't pull the trigger quick enough - I was second in line! Darn, should have went with my gut and purchased it. :boohoo:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So when they do "get away"... do you think it's for a good reason? Like, maybe we knew in our gut (like you said) that it WASN'T the right time or the right stone?

Or is hindsight 20/20?

I know there have been many rings that I've loved and have gotten away :naughty: and I think about them still... but I can't buy every single ring I've ever coveted! I'm not that wealthy yet haha.

I've also bought rings I knew that I *just had to have* and then worn them twice in two years... you know? So what does that mean? But I am certain if I hadn't bought it, I would've thought about it often.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vesper|1473687339|4075502 said:
I have been lusting after this black opal with diamonds. It is still for sale but I can't have it. :boohoo:
opal_2.jpg
opal_2_0.jpg

Yep - that's a beauty!

Q

Queenie60

pearaffair|1473695509|4075532 said:
So when they do "get away"... do you think it's for a good reason? Like, maybe we knew in our gut (like you said) that it WASN'T the right time or the right stone?

Or is hindsight 20/20?

I know there have been many rings that I've loved and have gotten away :naughty: and I think about them still... but I can't buy every single ring I've ever coveted! I'm not that wealthy yet haha.

I've also bought rings I knew that I *just had to have* and then worn them twice in two years... you know? So what does that mean? But I am certain if I hadn't bought it, I would've thought about it often.

Yes, for a good reason! I did not get the sapphire ring however am able to put the funds towards something else that I wanted more. A vintage style ring with a beautiful OEC!

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
Re: Tell me about "the one that got away" - or better yet, s

There was a platinum ring by otherwise-engaged on etsy that sold the day before my fiancé told me to send him rings. It was platinum with an OEC moissanite (I know!) but it had four leaf clovers in the sides and it was just beautiful. I'm not sure if I can share it since its moissanite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

@pearaffair I visit it at lunch some times ;(

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Tell me about "the one that got away" - or better yet, s

Vesper said:
@pearaffair I visit it at lunch some times ;(