shape
carat
color
clarity

Taking care of my ring questions.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Now that I have my engagement ring, how and what can I do to take care of it? It's platinum if that helps. I'd like to keep it clean of course, but what steps are best for platinum, do's and don'ts.

Also, what can I expect for wear and tear? I feel I'm being extra careful with it, how careful do I need to be, should I expect scratches right away? Any information you can provide for me, would be greatly appreciated! I will want to wear it daily.

Edit ** Also, how can I contact a moderator to switch my proposal thread over to 'show me the bling.'

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Hi Breanne,

You can go to the first post in your thread and hit the 'report concern' tab. A form will come up just fill it in and hit submit. A Mod will help you out.

I have a platinum ering and I wear it only when I am going out. I never wear it when I'm doing chores of any kind. I've had it for around 16 years and love the way it has aged. It's not as shiny as when I first got it, but I didn't like that look anyway. It's duller, and looks more like a beautiful brushed steel. I usually wash it in jeweler's cleaner once every two weeks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results