shape
carat
color
clarity

Take two... Input on 2ct BGD Blue Please :)

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock
After all of my indecisiveness about sacrificing color to get to 2.5 carats, my girlfriend "randomly" went to a jewelry store today and told me she looked at some diamonds (I called later and found out they were GIA cert'ed) and that she thought: 1) Despite have previously said she wanted at least 2 carats, anything larger than 2 carats looked "too big" to her on her size 5 finger (lucky me), and 2) She definitely didn't like I or J color stones. I'm glad I'm going this route instead!!! Although she saw a 1.8 carat F stone that she really liked, so now I'm almost wondering whether I should search for a 1.7-1.9 carat F instead of my 2 carat H... I guess I'll wait to see my BGD Blue in person next week and go from there :) Either way, the diamonds she saw were GIA "very good" cuts (per my phone call with the salesperson), and she loves sparkle more than anything, so an AGS000 should blow her away! (fingers crossed)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dmd4ever|1306522757|2931831 said:
After all of my indecisiveness about sacrificing color to get to 2.5 carats, my girlfriend "randomly" went to a jewelry store today and told me she looked at some diamonds (I called later and found out they were GIA cert'ed) and that she thought: 1) Despite have previously said she wanted at least 2 carats, anything larger than 2 carats looked "too big" to her on her size 5 finger (lucky me), and 2) She definitely didn't like I or J color stones. I'm glad I'm going this route instead!!! Although she saw a 1.8 carat F stone that she really liked, so now I'm almost wondering whether I should search for a 1.7-1.9 carat F instead of my 2 carat H... I guess I'll wait to see my BGD Blue in person next week and go from there :) Either way, the diamonds she saw were GIA "very good" cuts (per my phone call with the salesperson), and she loves sparkle more than anything, so an AGS000 should blow her away! (fingers crossed)

Haha well, that worked out perfectly!

I think when you get the blue you won't want to give it back though!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
100|1306475839|2931525 said:
OCgirl|1306438774|2931032 said:
100|1306389233|2930611 said:
thbmok|1306389141|2930610 said:
@dmd4ever: Congrats! Please post pictures when you get it.

@100: If you got 5% I think you got the PS discount. The wire discount is only 2% according to their FAQ: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/need-help-faq/

Yes, you are right, I just re-edited my post and saw yours :) Thanks for setting me straight. I was confused, because the invoice states -5% wire discount haha, so I thought that was just a straight 5% for wire transfer.

100, just curious - What are the specs of the BGD blue you purchased, if you are willing to share? I'm also a BGD blue owner =)

Also on the discount topic - yea Leslie was offering me 2% for the wire/check discount and after I told her I'm a member of PS she said she can then bump it up to 5%. So I would think the difference is PS discount.

Sure, please see it in the link :) http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=BLAGS-104050213006

However, Iam thinking of upgrading it to this one... http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=BLAGS-104050213001

I love looking at the "blue" stones. Thanks for sharing!

aries2

Rough_Rock
I just recently purchased a Brian Gavin Blue (a strong blue), AGS 000, I color, 1.01 ct, HCA 1.3. I can't even see the I color at all. It looks whiter than much higher color stones I've seen in stores and completely blows all my friend's stones out of the water as far as beauty and quality go. It's an SI1 and is totally eye clean, can't see any inclusion by eye; and I'm very picky. The cut will blow away most all other stones you will see. The SB Fl really helps the color and is just super cool! If I ever buy another diamond I would feel totally confident buying any of Brian's Blue AGS 0 stones....you know you will be getting quality and the extra uniqueness of fluorescence.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results