shape
carat
color
clarity

Take me to your happy place

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This tummy. I just put my face in it and things are ok again hehe. Amazingly he tolerates it for about 3 seconds and then he wants to play.

59AC6D7F-F7B9-4C00-9731-A7D58DF786F1.jpeg

What a sweet sweet boy. :kiss2:
I am so glad you guys have each other. Truly meant to be.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This Whitby on the north east coast of the UK. I lived here for 5 years when I was much younger.
This is where, according to legend, Dracula arrived in the UK.
The beach is beautiful and the fishing town is full of cobbled twisty turny streets with lots of independent antique shops. There is a part of the beach that is great for fossil and whitby jet hunting.
This is my happy place!

18f965whitby3-422992.jpg

I can see why this would bring you joy. What a lovely and happy place indeed!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1585856525788.png
1585856544782.png
1585856616844.png
Taking a hike in some scenic mountains. Not an option that's open to me now (still working full time at an essential business).

Breathtaking. And please make sure you take good care of yourself.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The physical place that most brings me comfort is the ocean/harbor/coast (photo below is Cambria, CA)

1585841199925.jpeg

However, my truest place of comfort is found in the land of books and the written word, and right now I take great solace in these words:

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.

- Albert Camus

The beach and the sea is healing. Nothing like it.
And I love that quote. Thank you for sharing it and your happy place.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poolside under the blistering Texas Sun with my sister. Driving in my car with the jams playing way too loud, which I am missing now working from home and not driving anywhere. AND OF COURSE MY PERCH!!! My home desk next to my bedroom window will have to suffice for now and I am enjoying the distraction of the birds, squirrels, and my sisters 3 cats playing in the backyard. However I am greatly looking forward to getting back into the office.

Vera The Happy People Greeter..jpg

Stay safe and well all you lovely people. =D :kiss2::wavey:

Hi Vera! Stay safe and be well!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My backyard and where I sit in my kitchen looking at my backyard. F41BB9CA-E7AF-44DC-9641-A169015F83A4.jpeg 4B4E70E0-49B4-4281-BC6E-39607D4FB923.jpeg

Gorgeous view.

Yes! Music can really transport someone to their happy place. I love that you love Bruce!

Music can heal and is transport one to a better place. It can sometimes lift me out of a deep sadness. It can be magical. Comforting and moving at the same time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Out under a starry sky where the Milky Way shows and you get a special treat like aurora borealis

wutsnorthernlights.jpg

1585709717440.png

I am so glad you have this to make life a bit sweeter @marcy. It is special.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My happy place is where ever my wifey is.

This is everything. And I agree. Wherever my DH is is where I want to be.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sawtell.jpg

Sawtell beach, north NSW coast where my parents have a beach house. Have been visiting for about 15 years, always my happy place! :kiss2:

It's not a coincidence so many of us find solace and joy by the sea. There is something truly magical about the sea.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Russborough House
I spent most of my graduate work writing on Russborough. It's a huge part of my heart.
IMG_0791EntranceGateresize.jpg

Thank you for sharing this with us. :love:
I can see why it is close to your heart.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
for me my happy place by the ocean with my family including my sweet grand daughter that would put me in a happier place any time! I miss her sweet little face (she is 5 months old), facetime just isnt the same as seeing and holding her

I hope you can hold her in person soon. I hope we can all hug our loved ones IRL sooner vs later. Hang in there. Sending you a big virtual hug.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My happy place is sitting by the ocean with my husband. I also love walking, cooking, listening to music and laughing with my friends and family to be my happy place too.

Same. And (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My happy place.

20190907_115653.jpg

I love horses so much. They are special souls. If I wasn't a city girl I would have horses and live on a farm. In fact I wish I was on a farm with horses and other animals right now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't particularly like the sea, however I love going to a beach that is voted one of the best in my region.

I love it there as the dog loves it too, and it brings me joy when I see him having fun digging himself into the sand.

I went camping with the dog in the area once a year since 2009 except for last year, and we went to the beach at least once during each trip.

As soon as I have my camper van, we shall go there, even if it is in winter.

DK :))

And I hope your camper van brings you much joy and many wonderful experiences. As soon as this pandemic is over I know you will enjoy it to the utmost. And so will your sweet pup.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The small island (and golf course) I used to work on as a greens keeper. I'd sit on the beach on my breaks, and collect seashells.
There was small green tree frogs and baby garter snakes. So sweet.

Sounds like heaven. :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I hope your camper van brings you much joy and many wonderful experiences. As soon as this pandemic is over I know you will enjoy it to the utmost. And so will your sweet pup.

Thanks Missy.

I hand-stripped him yesterday, and is looking a lot younger and less shaggy. He did not like being stripped, so there was plenty of chicken for him afterwards.

If the van is not ready (the VW factories in Germany are currently closed until further notice), then I shall have a short trip and stay in a B&B so that we could go to the beach.

I was planning to do this for a work trip in March as well as over Easter, both sadly went out of the window. :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy.

I hand-stripped him yesterday, and is looking a lot younger and less shaggy. He did not like being stripped, so there was plenty of chicken for him afterwards.

If the van is not ready (the VW factories in Germany are currently closed until further notice), then I shall have a short trip and stay in a B&B so that we could go to the beach.

I was planning to do this for a work trip in March as well as over Easter, both sadly went out of the window. :((

I am sorry. So many plans upended. But we look forward to better and sweeter times. We will get there. Just need to get through this pandemic. One day at a time. Sending you hugs and good wishes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for asking this Missy. Everyone's happy places are making me happy.

Mine: beach house
Screenshot 2020-04-04 at 13.09.03.png : Screenshot 2020-04-04 at 13.15.15.png
Screenshot 2020-04-04 at 12.57.14.png

Home (good thing because we're spending a lot of time there right now Screenshot 2020-04-04 at 13.14.33.png )

Thank you for sharing this with us @jaaron seeing your lovely home brings me cheer. What a wonderful respite from everyday hustle and bustle. I am so glad you are enjoying it right now. And hopefully for your dh and child in much improved health.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1585856525788.png
1585856544782.png
1585856616844.png
Taking a hike in some scenic mountains. Not an option that's open to me now (still working full time at an essential business).

Oh dear! Where is the last photo from?

voce

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear! Where is the last photo from?

It's the plank trail at Hua Shan, China. A great hike for an adrenaline rush. There's also five mountain peaks where you can enjoy the scenery. When I visited, it blew my mind that all those stone steps that I ascended were carved into stone by hand hundreds of years ago, by stonemasons who probably didn't have the safety equipment that we have today!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
for me my happy place by the ocean with my family including my sweet grand daughter that would put me in a happier place any time! I miss her sweet little face (she is 5 months old), facetime just isnt the same as seeing and holding her

I agree @diamondringlover...I miss seeing my grown children’s faces and my grandson...It’s painful....I will be smiling with you when we see our grandchildren again...My daughter-in-law is due to deliver a baby mid June...I won’t be able to cuddle him as a newborn...It hurts my heart..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharing this and I hope it makes you smile and brings hope. Life isn’t perfect but we make the best of what we have and do. Appreciation and thankfulness goes a long way. #gratituderocks

This 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud lady, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o’clock, with her hair fashionably coiffed and makeup perfectly applied, even though she is legally blind, moved to a nursing home yesterday. Her husband of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary.

After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, she smiled sweetly when told her room was ready. As she maneuvered her walker to the elevator, I provided a visual description of her tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on her window. “I love it,” she stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been presented with a new puppy.

“Mrs. Jones, you haven’t seen the room …. just wait.”

“That doesn’t have anything to do with it,” she replied. “Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room or not doesn’t depend on how the furniture is arranged, it’s how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it. It’s a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice;

I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do. Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open I’ll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I’ve stored away, just for this time in my life.”

She went on to explain, “Old age is like a bank account, you withdraw from what you’ve put in. So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories Thank you for your part in filling my Memory bank. I am still depositing.”

And with a smile, she said: “Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less, & enjoy every moment.

Photograph by Karsten Thormaehlen

AAED9B59-8C95-460E-AF76-C6D231EC84EC.jpeg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I love this! This amazing lady reminds me of my husband’s late grandmother. She was also an expert at arranging her mind. I’m going to try to be more like this. It does not come naturally to me.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My happy place is the beach at sunset, with my dogs. I live on the East Coast, so the sunrise is what most people prefer, but I'm more of a sunset than sunrise kind of girl - love the quiet and the colors at that time of day. During non-COVID times, I walk down every night that I possibly can. Here are a couple of pictures I've taken on particularly lovely evenings - the colors can be just breathtaking, and get better and better as we go into Fall. I'm looking forward to going back after everyone leaves town! The picture without the dog (Brodie), I put on a canvas and hung on my wall, just so I can see it all of the time!
Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 2.02.07 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 2.05.17 PM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results