shape
carat
color
clarity

Take me to your happy place

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
My happy place is the beach at sunset, with my dogs. I live on the East Coast, so the sunrise is what most people prefer, but I'm more of a sunset than sunrise kind of girl - love the quiet and the colors at that time of day. During non-COVID times, I walk down every night that I possibly can. Here are a couple of pictures I've taken on particularly lovely evenings - the colors can be just breathtaking, and get better and better as we go into Fall. I'm looking forward to going back after everyone leaves town! The picture without the dog (Brodie), I put on a canvas and hung on my wall, just so I can see it all of the time!
Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 2.02.07 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 2.05.17 PM.png

This picture is magnificent!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharing this and I hope it makes you smile and brings hope. Life isn’t perfect but we make the best of what we have and do. Appreciation and thankfulness goes a long way. #gratituderocks

This 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud lady, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o’clock, with her hair fashionably coiffed and makeup perfectly applied, even though she is legally blind, moved to a nursing home yesterday. Her husband of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary.

After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, she smiled sweetly when told her room was ready. As she maneuvered her walker to the elevator, I provided a visual description of her tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on her window. “I love it,” she stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been presented with a new puppy.

“Mrs. Jones, you haven’t seen the room …. just wait.”

“That doesn’t have anything to do with it,” she replied. “Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room or not doesn’t depend on how the furniture is arranged, it’s how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it. It’s a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice;

I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do. Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open I’ll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I’ve stored away, just for this time in my life.”

She went on to explain, “Old age is like a bank account, you withdraw from what you’ve put in. So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories Thank you for your part in filling my Memory bank. I am still depositing.”

And with a smile, she said: “Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less, & enjoy every moment.

Photograph by Karsten Thormaehlen

AAED9B59-8C95-460E-AF76-C6D231EC84EC.jpeg

My grandmother and my grandfather were both like this. They lived to 93 and 92 and passed away within months of each other. Miss them every day ❤️

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AprilBaby - can you pls tell me where this is? Because I'm pretty sure that could be my happy place too!!

Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island in the Bahamas!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
My happy place is currently my yard. We are a nesting and gathering place for many varieties of birds.
I have insomnia so I started going outside to watch the sun come up...
At 4:30am after first songs the birds stay for breakfast and by 5:30 currently the first period of flight school/ learning to hunt worms begins(which is finally passing the stage of tripping/tumbling over maple leaves/roots and screaming until someone comes and feeds them). They have no fear so we get to watch all of their antics. It's very entertaining.
It's such a nice reminder that life keeps living.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
woke up this morning and it was warm
warm like a false spring
this place was for the first time in what seems like months was our happy place
then we got thunder storms which is definatly not dear little Borris' happy place
her happy place is the linen cupboard
she remembers at our old place the linen cupboard was the hot water cupboard and was always worm
i always feel a little sad at the disappointment she must feel that there is no hot water tank in there
it was really handy for drying wet boots and a couple of work tee shirts over night
maybe it was my happy place too :mrgreen2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did a wonderful job @Gussie . It’s stunning and screams old world charm.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200820_192218.jpg 20200711_103716.jpg
This is my very happy place. Opie likes it too.

20200820_192120.jpg
This is my happy place.

It's a peaceful haven away from the chaos that is life. Nicely done @Gussie. It's a masterpiece.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results