shape
carat
color
clarity

Take me to your happy place

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, the place that makes you smile and brings you comfort no matter what is happening at the moment. Whether it is just a place in your imagination or a place that exists in real life please share that place with us. Share with us the place that makes you smile and brings you peace and contentment when you think of it.

bigsunnyfield.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me it is being by the sea. The smell of the ocean and the air, the sound of the waves and the spray of the sea and cool breeze on my face. That is and will always be my happy place. Add to that cycling by the sea and I am in heaven.

cyclingbysea.jpg.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't particularly like the sea, however I love going to a beach that is voted one of the best in my region.

I love it there as the dog loves it too, and it brings me joy when I see him having fun digging himself into the sand.

I went camping with the dog in the area once a year since 2009 except for last year, and we went to the beach at least once during each trip.

As soon as I have my camper van, we shall go there, even if it is in winter.

DK :))

AV_

Ideal_Rock
My favorite haunts in this other country, you know most of them from the NIRDI thread. The heaven of my immagination is chieldhood, and I am lucky that many places involved do not change, only the people have changed as much as I have ,) [so I cannot fault them for it]

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
for me my happy place by the ocean with my family including my sweet grand daughter that would put me in a happier place any time! I miss her sweet little face (she is 5 months old), facetime just isnt the same as seeing and holding her

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please no one laugh at me - Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. It's been my happy place since I was 4 or 5 years old.

So, then: Green and Gold?:bigsmile:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Russborough House
I spent most of my graduate work writing on Russborough. It's a huge part of my heart.
IMG_0791EntranceGateresize.jpg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Please no one laugh at me - Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. It's been my happy place since I was 4 or 5 years old.

I've been to Moose Jaw (born and raised Edmonton) and I love my Snowbirds! My husband's whole family is from one small town or another in Saskatchewan :)

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
The small island (and golf course) I used to work on as a greens keeper. I'd sit on the beach on my breaks, and collect seashells.
There was small green tree frogs and baby garter snakes. So sweet.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Close - it’s green and white (lol) . Once a Riders fan always a Riders fan.

Sorry, I've lost my mind: cuz I think while green is great, gold rules. :bigsmile::lol-2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Out under a starry sky where the Milky Way shows and you get a special treat like aurora borealis

wutsnorthernlights.jpg

1585709717440.png

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7A46DA44-3C6B-44AE-B57F-6067F693C357.jpeg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sawtell.jpg

Sawtell beach, north NSW coast where my parents have a beach house. Have been visiting for about 15 years, always my happy place! :kiss2:

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Poolside under the blistering Texas Sun with my sister. Driving in my car with the jams playing way too loud, which I am missing now working from home and not driving anywhere. AND OF COURSE MY PERCH!!! My home desk next to my bedroom window will have to suffice for now and I am enjoying the distraction of the birds, squirrels, and my sisters 3 cats playing in the backyard. However I am greatly looking forward to getting back into the office.

Vera The Happy People Greeter..jpg

Stay safe and well all you lovely people. =D :kiss2::wavey:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The physical place that most brings me comfort is the ocean/harbor/coast (photo below is Cambria, CA)

1585841199925.jpeg

However, my truest place of comfort is found in the land of books and the written word, and right now I take great solace in these words:

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.

- Albert Camus

voce

Ideal_Rock
1585856525788.png
1585856544782.png
1585856616844.png
Taking a hike in some scenic mountains. Not an option that's open to me now (still working full time at an essential business).

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
This Whitby on the north east coast of the UK. I lived here for 5 years when I was much younger.
This is where, according to legend, Dracula arrived in the UK.
The beach is beautiful and the fishing town is full of cobbled twisty turny streets with lots of independent antique shops. There is a part of the beach that is great for fossil and whitby jet hunting.
This is my happy place!

18f965whitby3-422992.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results