shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori Royal T or VC Emilya? Opinions welcome!

Celine165

Rough_Rock
Hi PS! Newbie here, longtime lurker though.

I need assistance on a setting. I am trading in/upgrading my 2 carat cushion cut diamond to a 3 carat round diamond. I've been a long time fan of Frankiextah's VC Emilya, however, I've recently tried on the Tacori Royal T Line (2605 and 2607)

2607:
tacori-engagement-rings-ht2607rd10_10_2.jpg
tacori-royalt-princess-cut-halo-diamond-engagement-ring-ht2607pr-5-l.jpg

2605:

ht_2605_rd_2_.jpg tacori-engagement-rings-ht2605rd95_10_2.jpg

And then VC Emilya:
_227.jpg

Does anyone own any of the Royal T line rings here on PS? They're polar opposites (VC Emilya vs Royal T) one being ornate, the other being delicate. I know the VC Emilya is a fan favorite.

Here are my concerns:

The 'ornate-ness' of the Royal T--it's lovely and yet could be overwhelming. I'm leaning towards the cushion halo and it has that spark/that oomph.

However, the VC Emilya is just so...soft spoken. It commands attention without speaking (think Ivanka Trump or Gisele Bundchen!) and I love that. Timeless

I'm a sparkly girl though, I love hot pink, but I work in an office (super laid back/no dress code) and in my free time I'm a dancer/yogi person. It's like I need multiple rings to fit my life. I just saw new post today on a VC Emilya and gosh darn it, it was beautiful. But everytime I see that darn Royal T ring, I go "Well shucks.."

If anyone has any input on wear/tear, maintenance/durability/style, I would love input. My husband likes all of them, so that doesn't help at all. My mother likes oval diamonds, so that equally doesn't help. I know others opinions shouldn't form what I like, but I can't make up my mind. If I get the Royal T, will I feel it's TOO much? If I get the Emilya, will it be ENOUGH? Hoping you all understand my frustrations. (And the price point of the Emilya is much, much nicer than the Royal T which ranges in the 10k range for the setting, but husband and I have okay'd it/we both work/are quite successful)

Thanks for any input, sorry for the ramble. This is kind of a brain dump of me trying to decide!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*personally* I don't love this tacori. I think its too much going on and set too high. I'd go with the VC (and I think this is the first time I've heard his price being 'much nicer'!!). Maybe he can jazz it up for you if you like extra details? Or maybe a full custom ring with some details of each might be of interest.

Celine165

Rough_Rock
Hi!

Thanks so much for your input! :) Ha, yes, Tacori Royal T is expensive (at least I think 10k + for a setting alone is little outrageous!) (I think the VC Emilya falls in the 4-5k, which for his work, seems reasonable!)

I like the use of "jazz it up" I will wait and see if others comment on the Tacor ring or have photos (I can't find for the life of me anyone with this darn ring on the internet who can give reviews...sigh!) And then I think I will reach out for a jazzed up VC. I have a feeling the consensus will be go for the Emilya, but always like to weigh in. There is so much knowledge here!

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
telephone89|1457721284|4003508 said:
*personally* I don't love this tacori. I think its too much going on and set too high. I'd go with the VC (and I think this is the first time I've heard his price being 'much nicer'!!).

Totally agree~!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I do not like the Tacori, it's too busy. I've never been a fan of the Emilya, but that's my choice between the 2.

Celine165

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Is there a reason you're not a fan? No bashing obviously, but just curious really! I love any/all input!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like the Tacori - mind you, I usually like "busier" styles, but it's not speaking to me. The Emilya - VC has a good eye for creating balance between the setting and the center stone, if that makes sense. I vote Emilya.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
That was probably my Emilya you saw today :angel:

What is your current ring like? I agree with the others- that Tacori is set very high. I'm thinking that for dance and yoga, you're going to want to take it off for sure, but I've always taken everything other than my wedding band off for that kind of stuff because I'm definitely the kind of person who'd poke my own eye out...

I'm head over heels with my Emilya because irl it's gorgeous and has some bling, but it's still on the understated side of things, which is exactly what I was looking for. I think if you want serious, people stop and stare in the street flash, you should ask Victor to work with you on creating something that's the best of both worlds.

Celine165

Rough_Rock
Yes, your ring is BEAUTIFUL! I wish I live in California, then I could go and see them in IRL! And I never wear rings at home or at the gym. Only out in public/work/shopping/social events etc. My wedding band is slightly ornate as well, three sided pave band, but I don't even wear that to the gym (fear of losing it/damaging it) Was just trying to paint a picture of who I am to help with input 8-)

I didn't think much of the height of the ring off the hand--good eye! I just 'ooh-ed' and 'ahh-ed' over it at the jewelers.

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
If you have the cash for that Tacori, how about something heartstopping like this one by Caysie van Bebber, fully custom, for less??

Seriously this one makes me need to sit down.

cvbbezel.jpg

cvbtopview.jpg

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
Don't know how I got the CvB side view in my post twice. Sorry! But there is something truly perfect about the slightly squared-off bezel for that round stone. Yumm.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hands down Victor Canera. He's pleasant to deal with. His word is good. When he tells you xx amount of time it is exactly correct if not a bit early. His pave work is amazing.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Celine165|1457722137|4003515 said:
Thank you! Is there a reason you're not a fan? No bashing obviously, but just curious really! I love any/all input!

That style doesn't appeal to me because I don't think it accentuates the center stone. It's not just his Emilya, it's all HW type pave halos.

Celine165

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your input! It truly means a lot to me!

violetjane

Rough_Rock
telephone89|1457721284|4003508 said:
*personally* I don't love this tacori. I think its too much going on and set too high. I'd go with the VC (and I think this is the first time I've heard his price being 'much nicer'!!). Maybe he can jazz it up for you if you like extra details? Or maybe a full custom ring with some details of each might be of interest.

Agree. I don't think anything compares to VC's work, its stunning, every time. My absolute favorite is Ann Marie's split shank halo, just beyond gorgeous. Someday when I evolve to my last ever ER reset, its going to be an OEC or Tranny in that setting.

I also feel that Tacori, to my eye and my taste, is always way to busy looking and less elegant.

VC is Princess Grace, Tacori is Donatella Versace. Just depends on what look is more "you." gL and looking forward to the results!

Celine165

Rough_Rock
Donatella Versace! :lol: :lol: That is great!! Will have to look up the Anne marie!

Celine165

Rough_Rock
Sagefemme|1457725215|4003530 said:
If you have the cash for that Tacori, how about something heartstopping like this one by Caysie van Bebber, fully custom, for less??

I just showed this to my husband and his response was "D#MN! THAT IS A RING!" I think it made him need to sit down too. :lol: :lol:

What a great suggestion. I am looking at her site now. She's so talented! She mentions she works for a high end jeweler as well. Does anyone know who? Not that I would go running off to see it, I am just curious. This is such a cool community!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Celine165|1457740631|4003678 said:
Sagefemme|1457725215|4003530 said:

I just showed this to my husband and his response was "D#MN! THAT IS A RING!" I think it made him need to sit down too. :lol: :lol:

What a great suggestion. I am looking at her site now. She's so talented! She mentions she works for a high end jeweler as well. Does anyone know who? Not that I would go running off to see it, I am just curious. This is such a cool community!

She does settings for Love Affair Diamonds. Caysie is making me a ring right now. Here work is amazing! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results