shape
carat
color
clarity

TACORI = Pain in the A$$

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loyola09

Rough_Rock
Ok, so....

For the FIFTH time, yes, that''s right, FIFTH TIME, a diamond has fallen out of my fiancee''s Tacori ring in the past year and a half. Each time one fell out, the ring was returned to Tacori where it took them three weeks to "fix" it.

Now, I have a couple of options:

1. Get my money back for the setting and purchase a new ring
2. Get a different style of Tacori ring
3. Get the same ring in White Gold, it is currently platinum

I hate Tacori with the burning intensity of a thousand flaming suns. They have made my fiancee cry, they have wasted my time, and they have wasted my money.

I urge everyone here to steer clear of Tacori rings. Obviously, the more popular they have gotten the quality has plummeted.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Grrrr!! Bad, bad Tacori, to make the lady cry!

I recommend option 1.

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry that this is continually happening and I''m sorry that this is making your fiancee cry.

I would get your money back and go with a completely different designer. Why put you and your fiancee through more aggravation by going with another Tacori setting, no matter what the metal? They obviously have poor craftsmanship so there''s no point in being continuing customer of theirs.

I hope everything works out no matter what you choose.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
If they are willing to do this for you, then definitly option one. I don''t think this has anything to do with Tacori as a company, and more to do with that particular setting/style. Otherwise LOTS of other people on pricescope would be pissed, because there are a lot of Tacori rings on here.

loyola09

Rough_Rock
Obviously it is somewhat related to Tacori as a company. Tacori has seen this ring 5 different times, and each time they have been unable to fix the problem. This really calls into question both their craftsmanship and their customer service.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Go with #1, if you can. If you''re disappointed with the workmanship of a setting, and the customer service too, I wouldn''t continue to be the customer of a place that had ticked me off so much.

Personally, I''ve never had the chance to see a Tacori setting in person... they seem realllllly expensive for what they are though. And it does look, from pics I''ve seen, that a lot of their settings are merely slightly-above-average in workmanship, not exceptional like the price tag indicates. Pretty designs though.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 3:14:12 PM
Author: loyola09
Ok, so....

For the FIFTH time, yes, that's right, FIFTH TIME, a diamond has fallen out of my fiancee's Tacori ring in the past year and a half. Each time one fell out, the ring was returned to Tacori where it took them three weeks to 'fix' it.

Now, I have a couple of options:

1. Get my money back for the setting and purchase a new ring
2. Get a different style of Tacori ring
3. Get the same ring in White Gold, it is currently platinum

I hate Tacori with the burning intensity of a thousand flaming suns. They have made my fiancee cry, they have wasted my time, and they have wasted my money.

I urge everyone here to steer clear of Tacori rings. Obviously, the more popular they have gotten the quality has plummeted.
You've answered your own question. You do what is right for you which sounds like NOT doing numbers 2 and 3. A lot of us own Tacoris and would own more than one if given the chance. It is a shame that you had this experience but it sounds like a simpler setting is in order.

loyola09

Rough_Rock
Well, to those who would like to know the current status of my fiance''s ring:

We went ahead and had an entire new ring made from Tacori. It was the same setting and material as the original ring. They convinced me that perhaps the original setting had a flaw and that was the reason it kept bending and the same sidestone kept falling out.

So, now we have a brand new ring from Tacori.

HOWEVER, we have started to notice that it is starting to bend again; that is, it looks much more oval than it did when we first received it.

Is this just the nature of platinum? I am worried because we are looking at wedding bands and I do not want to pick one out that matches this ring if we are ultimately going to get a different one.

WHAT SHOULD I DO???

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
platinum rings can and do bend. is the setting a pave setting with diamonds in the band? that will make the ring less structually sound as well. Is your fiance wearing the ring 24/7? There have been folks to damage their rings just by gripping their steering wheels too tight with their rings on.

I probably would not spend money on the matching wedding band if the e-ring is giving you such a headache.

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
I second the above poster - platinum is a very dense metal, but also very soft. This is why it will tend to scratch a lot more quickly than gold, as well as bend/warp out of shape a lot faster.

I worked in the jewelry business for years and would not recommend platinum for bead-set and fancy pave settings, as the propensity of the metal to bend out of shape overrides the desire for a heavy, platinum setting. The shifting metal causes the little melee stones to fall out. White gold is much harder and more brittle than platinum, and is actually a better choice than platinum for these types of settings, as the stones will tend to hold better in place over the course of normal wear. Platinum is more prestigious, but not always the best choice for a setting, depending on the type of setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results