shape
carat
color
clarity

TACORI = Pain in the A$$

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loyola09

Rough_Rock
For the third time in less than a year a pave diamond has fallen out of my fiancees Tacori ring. The first time it happened it was the day we got engaged.

Is this commonplace?

What needs to happen for them to quit screwing with the thing and just give me a brand new ring already.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, it happens with pave. One thing I will ask (and not trying to place blame, just a question) is what does your fiance do for a job? And is she rough with her hands? Does she wear her ring all the time like while doing housework? Pave needs a bit of babying unfortunately...so some people''s lifestyles are just too rough for a ring like that and thus you lose more stones.

loyola09

Rough_Rock
She is a school teacher. However, I can''t imagine that during the first 30 minutes that she had the ring that she was so rough on it to pry loose a diamond.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well then you need to talk to them and ask about their policies regarding lost melee, etc. If it''s the same stone over and over, there is something wrong with the seating. If it is different stones then your FI might just be hard on her rings, I know I am.

When it goes back this time I would start by asking them to check every stone to make sure they are all set properly and express your disappointment politely. Then go from there.

sabinameister

Shiny_Rock
I''m a teacher too and have had a pave Tacori ring for over a year and never had a loose melee. It might be a faulty part (I sound like I''m talking about a car, sorry) It should have never fallen out after 30 minutes of having it.

I do baby my ring and take it off whenever I wash my hands, which is a lot working with children, I always take off my e-ring at home and just wear my band to bed, and that is a micropave band and I still am a bit rough with it and it has been fine.

On one of my check ups for the ring they used a roller b/c I liftted prong and it flattened it back down, but nothing ever came loose (this was on the bad) I wonder if they can do the same for the e-ring for her?

I would send it back to Tacori if the jeweler can''t find the problem and fix it.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I am also a school teacher. I have pave on my e-ring and w band and have never lost a stone. (I have had my e-ring for a little over two years and my w band a little over 1 year.)

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I have new Vatche and lost a melee in the first two days. It happens.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have lost one diamond melee in my Tacori in 3.5 years. It happened in my ultrasonic...I cannot think of ONE vendor where a PS member has not lost a stone. Pave is beautiful but fragile. Congrats on your engagement!

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 3:16:13 PM
Author:loyola09
For the third time in less than a year a pave diamond has fallen out of my fiancees Tacori ring. The first time it happened it was the day we got engaged.

Is this commonplace?

What needs to happen for them to quit screwing with the thing and just give me a brand new ring already.
Unfortunely this does happen, my Leon Mege 3mm fishtail pave band has lost a stone....and I never wore it for anything more strenuous then driving....

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 10:38:24 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I have lost one diamond melee in my Tacori in 3.5 years. It happened in my ultrasonic...I cannot think of ONE vendor where a PS member has not lost a stone. Pave is beautiful but fragile. Congrats on your engagement!
Okay this has been eating at me... I have to know...who is that vendor?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2008 4:59:36 PM
Author: mrsv

Date: 11/2/2008 10:38:24 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Okay this has been eating at me... I have to know...who is that vendor?
She said she cannot think of one! (I do not recall anyone losing stones from Maytal Hannah''s rings....does anyone else?) But I agree that it is just the nature of pave. They are delicate rings.

My local jeweler told me people brought in Tacori rings often with lost melee. I''d just be sure my jeweler replaced them for free.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I haven't lost anything out of my scott kay wedding band (though I'm sure other's have) or my Ocean (but I did manage to crack a melee all to heck, but that was my fault). It is just the nature of pave. I baby my engagement ring A TON as a result. The wedding band is always on, shower, cleaning, you name it, but it's very low profile and thin so I don't think it gets very banged around.

loyola09

Rough_Rock
So, I finally heard back from Tacori and even though 3 different stones have fallen out on three separate occasions over the course of 52 weeks, they claim that nothing is wrong with ring and they are sending it back to me. I am at my wit''s end with this whole situation. I have had to be there when my fiancee cried on her engagement because the first stone fell out; I was there three days before her sister''s wedding when the second stone fell out; and, of course, I was there when she came home crying about the third stone falling out. And so, I am stuck with a very expensive piece of crap that apparently is too delicate to be worn on a finger. Such a ring should come with warning.

If this happens one more time I will be forced to bring legal action against both Tacori and the store that sold me the ring.

At this point all I want is my money back and the opportunity to buy another brand. I cannot stand seeing my fiancee crying any more.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Loyola-Sorry you are dealing with this, but from my experience pave rings are very delicate. I am teacher and I have a RHR that was a gift from my parents for my college graduation. I have had stones fall out 3 separate times and my jeweler (not where the ring was purchased) has told me that it just happens and all you can do is watch it and get it checked out. I now don''t wear my RHR everyday because I teach Foods class and am constantly washing my hands and slamming my hands into the counters, fridges or carts (when I go grocery shopping). When my FI was having my Ering made, I specifically said no pave because I didn''t want deal with stones falling out.

While it is upsetting, you may want to think about getting a new setting for your FI without pave.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry that you are having trouble with your e-ring, I am sure that it is frustrating for you both.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not as impressed wtih Tacori''s workmanship as I used to be.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 1:17:56 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I''m not as impressed wtih Tacori''s workmanship as I used to be.
Why because of this? Or are there more?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
loyola09....I''ve had no problems with my Tacori since I recieved it in August. I clean it a lot and it does have a lot of tiny mele. The halo around my stone are less than 1 pointers so it is really small mele. Have you asked the Jeweler that you got it from to have Tacori make you a new ring or are you dealing with Tacori directly? Before you take legal action ask that the whole ring be remade.

Problems are going to happen from time to time. I love my ring but its not perfect. There are some imperfections on the millgrain but its hard to tell if that is my fault or how the ring came. I imagine since these peices are hand set that you may occasionally loose a stone as some of the other posters have added. The fact that you''ve lost three already is grounds for them remaking the ring all together IMHO.

Let me know how you make out.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 3:33:20 PM
Author: loyola09
She is a school teacher. However, I can''t imagine that during the first 30 minutes that she had the ring that she was so rough on it to pry loose a diamond.
I''m sure that roughness didn''t account for the first stone falling out.

When melee rings are polished/finished, debris from polishing can become lodged under the melee. When the ring is cleaned, the debris is dislodged and that can cause the melee to shift a bit in its seating. This is usually the cause of losing melee shortly after purchase.

Once you''re past that initial period, lost melee happens most commonly from either wear to the beading (which is very small and delicate to begin with) or the ring incurring even a moderate strike, which may push the beading out of place.

Melee is a beautiful look, but it''s like a cashmere sweater; it requires a bit more gentle handling and a bit more maintenance that can require occasionally replacing stones.

Some people find that melee isn''t really well-suited to their daily lifestyles; it''s not the best choice for people who are very active with their hands or for people who don''t want to be bothered with the extra upkeep it may require. Others just love the look and are willing to invest the extra effort into upkeep to have that look.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2008 6:17:37 AM
Author: emeraldlover1

Date: 11/12/2008 1:17:56 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I'm not as impressed wtih Tacori's workmanship as I used to be.
Why because of this? Or are there more?

I bought a Tacori style ring last year from a jeweler that specializes in Tacori mountings. My 18K mount cost one third to one fourth the price of the Tacori mountings. When looking really up close at the workmanship, the millgraining was a bit uneven, and the detail work wasn't done to what I expected. My cheaper Tacori style ring which has a ton of detail on it, with an undergallery of circles as well, had much better workmanship , millgraining, etc. . . and this was when I louped my ring next to several Tacori's. I think mass production might have gotten in the way of that professional artistic touch that you get with custom mounts like Leon Mege. JMO. Most Tacori's are very beautiful.

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
I have two micro-pave rings by Tacori and have lost NO stones in over a year.

I am very hard on my hands and my rings get knocked around a bit, but I''ve had an excellent experience. (I''m a hotel concierge and handle an awful lot of heavy luggage and packages as part of my job.)

My rings were purchased at Bailey Banks and Biddle, and their in-house (Tacori-approved) benchman will replace melee at no charge, and Tacori''s warranty was a good selling point as well.

Good luck with your fiance''s ring!

21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...my Tacori milgraining is very fine and even.
33.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I know this doesn't help much, but a jeweler down in Austin told me that for a time, she suspected that Tacori was having things made in China instead of the US. She noticed that the quality had gone down during that time. I think they stopped doing that. So, you might have a ring that was not actually made in Tacori's shop. SUCKS, I know. Which style number do you have?

I have the HT 2352 band with baguettes and millgrain on top, and crescent sides with pave. I have been wearing it daily since April, and I am about to get the e-ring out of layaway (married 16 years, so this is my upgrade). I work in a preschool changing diapers all day so I wash my hands with the ring on what seems like 50 times per day. So far, I have not had any diamonds fall out. Knock on wood. The band is still in perfect round. The set came from a shop that had it in their case, so maybe it was an older set that was made before they started out-sourcing.

I can understand how endlessly frustrating it must be for you and your fiance to have diamonds constantly falling out. Shame on Tacori for sending their stuff overseas. Tacori customers pay top dollar to NOT have stuff made in China.

I guess your next course of action will depend on whether you really want a different ring or not. How much of an advocate has your jeweler been? At some point, you are going to have to put your foot down and ask HIM to replace your setting with another one, or refund your money and give you your diamond back so that you can go elsewhere. Then he can take up the quality issue with Tacori. It would just be good customer service for him to take a loss. That is the cost of doing business. At this point, I think that the responsibility to pursue Tacori is out of your hands-- he needs to do something for you and stand up to Tacori if that is what you want.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its definitely disappointing that they won''t help you further. If they say its not a manufacture fault then are they saying its your fiance who is knocking them out of the setting?

loyola09

Rough_Rock
I am the original poster and you won''t believe it, but it happened AGAIN. So, now, in the 15 months that my fiancee has owned this ring a pave stone has fallen out on 4 separate occasions. Each time the stone fell out the ring was sent back to Tacori in California and they replaced the stone.

I am at my wit''s end here. I am so sick of dealing with jewelers and Tacori.

I no longer want this piece of junk Tacori ring.

Will Tacori buy it back from me? Or should I go after the jeweler?

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I think that at this point, the jeweler should do something for you. You might have to compromise, but I don't think it is right that he is making you bear the brunt of the problem. He should have said enough is enough after the third time. Your ring is obviously a lemon. Even reliable car makers like Toyota make lemons from time to time (my mom had one). Statistically, it's bound to happen. But for the sake of customer service, I think that your jeweler should take some of the loss. That is just the cost of doing business.

What I would do is decide first what you want from him (refund or trade-in for another ring). Tell him you no longer want the ring and you want something done about it. BE NICE! Stand your ground, but be willing to compromise (brand new simpler setting or partial refund maybe?). You would be surprised how far you will get. Coming out of the deal with something is better than coming out with nothing. Hope that helps.

Danny Rose

Rough_Rock
I can''t believe they are treating you this way. I''ve read that pave settings are fragile, but I''ve never heard of stones falling out repeatedly.

Did the jeweler offer to do anything when you told her/him? Was it an online jeweler or in a store?

I''m still trying to decide between a setting from Heni Daussi and Tacori, and your post certainly is pushing me toward choosing the former!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 11:13:32 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
I think that at this point, the jeweler should do something for you. You might have to compromise, but I don''t think it is right that he is making you bear the brunt of the problem. He should have said enough is enough after the third time. Your ring is obviously a lemon. Even reliable car makers like Toyota make lemons from time to time (my mom had one). Statistically, it''s bound to happen. But for the sake of customer service, I think that your jeweler should take some of the loss. That is just the cost of doing business.

What I would do is decide first what you want from him (refund or trade-in for another ring). Tell him you no longer want the ring and you want something done about it. BE NICE! Stand your ground, but be willing to compromise (brand new simpler setting or partial refund maybe?). You would be surprised how far you will get. Coming out of the deal with something is better than coming out with nothing. Hope that helps.

I agree. Go in with an idea of what will satisfy you in mind, but be prepared that they might only be willing to remake the setting or you. And be very nice. Disgustingly nice. It will get you much further than being a pain will.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 11:38:09 PM
Author: Danny Rose
I can't believe they are treating you this way. I've read that pave settings are fragile, but I've never heard of stones falling out repeatedly.

Did the jeweler offer to do anything when you told her/him? Was it an online jeweler or in a store?

I'm still trying to decide between a setting from Heni Daussi and Tacori, and your post certainly is pushing me toward choosing the former!
Danny, many of us have Tacoris with no problems. I think that one is a lemon. It happens. I have a Tacori Crescent wedding set, wash my hands seems like 50 times a day because I work in a preschool, and have had no pave fall out. Still, it's true that pave needs to be a bit babied. Pave could fall out of the Henri Daussi too. There are no guarantees there!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Is it the same stone every time, or different stones? And do you take it in every few months and have the prongs checked? Does she use a ultrasonic to clean it? I don''t own any tacori rings, but the only stones I''ve lost were from a micro-pave bracelet when a jeweler cleaned it in an ultrasonic.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results