shape
carat
color
clarity

Swimming with White Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 9:06:23 AM
Author: ladykemma

this vendor works in the buttery yellow alloy you like. I don''t think your cushion will get lost in a setting ike this:

Vintage Sapphire Filigree Wedding/Engagement Ring Set
Antique Style Natural .85ct Sapphire and 14K White Gold Item number: 230108110989

LK I don''t see links!!! I want to though!! lol is this ebay too?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 9:06:23 AM

this vendor works in the buttery yellow alloy you like. I don''t think your cushion will get lost in a setting ike this:

Vintage Sapphire Filigree Wedding/Engagement Ring Set
Antique Style Natural .85ct Sapphire and 14K White Gold Item number: 230108110989

Okay I figured it out and yes that is just such a beautiful color to me!!! I wonder how this differs from the palladium white gold?

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for offering that info john. i found it informative.
1.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/24/2007 1:18:17 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 3/23/2007 11:24:29 PM

well I could leave my arm out during the hot tub easily.... but not the swimming.
class="ibbquote">

One word,

INSURANCE. DON"T GO SWIMMING WITHOUT IT.

If you have lockable lockers at the club, and most do, and you have proper insurance you will be much better off than wearing your ring in the pool and hot tub. In the unlikely event that someone observes you putting the ring in the locker and busts in, then you will be glad you had the insurance. If you wear the ring in the pool and hot tub, eventually you will also be glad you had the insurance.

I think you are MUCH more likely to need the insurance in the pool than in the locker.

Wink

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 2:31:59 PM
Author: Wink
One word,

INSURANCE. DON''T GO SWIMMING WITHOUT IT.

If you have lockable lockers at the club, and most do, and you have proper insurance you will be much better off than wearing your ring in the pool and hot tub. In the unlikely event that someone observes you putting the ring in the locker and busts in, then you will be glad you had the insurance. If you wear the ring in the pool and hot tub, eventually you will also be glad you had the insurance.

I think you are MUCH more likely to need the insurance in the pool than in the locker.

Wink
oh, insurance will certainly be part of the equation. Still, I don''t want to ever have to use it. I love my diamond as is and there is too much vested in the ring as well. But if I don''t have a ring that I can forget about, all of this is for naught.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
oh, insurance will certainly be part of the equation. Still, I don''t want to ever have to use it. I love my diamond as is and there is too much vested in the ring as well. But if I don''t have a ring that I can forget about, all of this is for naught.
i think when you are wearing a 15k rock on your hand you will NOT forget about it. you will be sooooo careful.
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 3:27:32 PM

i think when you are wearing a 15k rock on your hand you will NOT forget about it. you will be sooooo careful.
2.gif
LOL yeah... I notice I''m not as hard on my rings now as I was a few months ago ;-) I don''t bang them nearly as much on the inside of the washing machine LOL!!! I know nothing I have made with a stone that size is going to be indestructable, but I have to run with the assumption that I''m a clumsy oaf that needs industrial rings LOL

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
My choice would be to get whatever setting you like and not wear it in the pool. I ride horses and don''t wear mine when I ride because the ring would just take too much of a beating. I agree that you should leave it in the car or in the locker.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 6:17:54 PM
Author: jazmine
My choice would be to get whatever setting you like and not wear it in the pool. I ride horses and don''t wear mine when I ride because the ring would just take too much of a beating. I agree that you should leave it in the car or in the locker.
I''ve decided to just go with platinum. Several reasons. If I get a ring that I need to take off on a regular basis and leave in cars or lockers or even in my purse if I''m at a friend''s house and have an impromptu swim, I risk losing it and all the insurance in the world cannot replace certain aspects of this to me. Also, I know my designer is more comfortable with plat also just because it opens up a lot of design ideas and that''s just more fun ;-) I''m resigned. I''ll get over it not being buttery! I can always get two little white gold bands, have them sandblasted, and wear them to either side of my ring.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 7:34:16 PM

I''ve decided to just go with platinum. Several reasons. If I get a ring that I need to take off on a regular basis and leave in cars or lockers or even in my purse if I''m at a friend''s house and have an impromptu swim, I risk losing it and all the insurance in the world cannot replace certain aspects of this to me. Also, I know my designer is more comfortable with plat also just because it opens up a lot of design ideas and that''s just more fun ;-) I''m resigned. I''ll get over it not being buttery! I can always get two little white gold bands, have them sandblasted, and wear them to either side of my ring.

Hi CB,

I really think you made the right decision, although I know it was stressful and you had to make a sacrifice that you were not anticipating. Based on what I read from you, you just did not want to (a) take off the ring to swim and (b) have to deal with a deteriorating setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cehra, I''d have to agree with Wink in that I wouldn''t wear the ring in the pool regardless of what it is made of. But it sounds like it will be better if it is in platinum. You will need to get a platinum wedding band, though. I''ve read here at least a million times that you shouldn''t put white gold and platinum rings together.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 7:34:16 PM

How about a lovely white gold right hand ring???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results