shape
carat
color
clarity

SW OTK boots

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is totally crazy but my house doesn’t have a single full-length mirror. My old house didn’t either but I had one installed about a year before we moved. And I haven’t found one I like for my new house - so no ability to take boot selfies unless I wave my leg in the air to take a pic above the countertop in the bathroom!

LOL OK you're off the hook for now :cheeky:
Though I suggest getting one so you can admire your OTK boots.:bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha ha I love that description!
No full length mirrors & I'm so short i need to go up on a little step stool to see my lower half in our bathroom/bedroom mirrors!

@missy I love that look!

Thank you @Polabowla!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari I am wearing one of my pairs of DUO boots today. I love Duo.
These are vintagey looking.

duobootsbrown.png

duobootssideview.png

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, @missy ! Love that whole look on you!!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been wearing my red boots exclusively for the last few days. Today with a black bouclé blaze with red plaid pattern. I'm pleased how versatile that bright red is

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @kipari and I am so pleased you are enjoying your red boots. Red is a rich gorgeous color and goes with so much and really brightens one's wardrobe. ♥

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Fun thread! I love my SW OTK boots. I sold my 50/50s a few years ago and regretted that so last year I purchased the Reserve. I thinks it’s the Reserve I own...I have to look...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok not sure I ever shared this one here. It’s the Lowland. Over the thigh. The longest boots I own and they do indeed hit me almost mid thigh. Love these. Especially today as it’s literally freezing out and we had a 2 mile walk but they kept my legs warm(ish).

4CA1DB5D-121B-41D6-8023-74C4E6142E23.jpeg

Not only do these look great (imo) they are super comfortable. Very soft and comfy-sitting, standing or walking.

@diamondsR4eVR looking forward to seeing your boots ♥️

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I have short stumpy legs not long and lean like yours...lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have short stumpy legs not long and lean like yours...lol

Aww I call that petite. Not stumpy lol. And the Reserve is great for a more petite woman imo. That’s what I love about OTK boots. There’s a length (often many lengths) for every individual.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200103_121913.jpg

Christmas from DH! Love them but I have gained weight so just a boot shot, lol.

@Gussie how do these fit you? I am considering buying them as they are not continuing them next year but read a review that said they fit very small...what are your thoughts? And do you still love them? Thanks!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie how do these fit you? I am considering buying them as they are not continuing them next year but read a review that said they fit very small...what are your thoughts? And do you still love them? Thanks!

Hi Missy!

I think they are beautiful boots but they definitely aren't as comfortable as the suede. I don't think they necessarily run smaller but the leather is much stiffer. I have worn them a handful of times so far and they aren't loosening up very fast. I guess that's expecting a lot - I want them soft and comfortable yet still sleek and fitted, lol! I also think the leather is stiffer than the plain leather so that the pattern will look crisp, kwim. If I had it to do over, I would probably get brown suede or plain leather boots. They are gorgeous though. I wear them knowing I will take them off as soon as I get home!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy!

I think they are beautiful boots but they definitely aren't as comfortable as the suede. I don't think they necessarily run smaller but the leather is much stiffer. I have worn them a handful of times so far and they aren't loosening up very fast. I guess that's expecting a lot - I want them soft and comfortable yet still sleek and fitted, lol! I also think the leather is stiffer than the plain leather so that the pattern will look crisp, kwim. If I had it to do over, I would probably get brown suede or plain leather boots. They are gorgeous though. I wear them knowing I will take them off as soon as I get home!

Thanks @Gussie, I appreciate your opinion and think I will pass. Comfort is most important to me especially now and I also cannot have any trouble getting boots on with my new diagnosis. Bending is challenging and I don't need any more challenges. It's a pity though because these are gorgeous boots. Greg was like get them but lol one of us must have some self control. But the coffee colored boots you got are TDF gorgeous. Rich and very equestrian in appearance which I love. Enjoy and I hope they break in soon. I think ultimately they will.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I hope you will be better soon! But I hear you on comfort. I am way too old for my feet to hurt. When my feet (or back, shoulders, etc.) hurt, I become grumpy quickly!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I hope you will be better soon! But I hear you on comfort. I am way too old for my feet to hurt. When my feet (or back, shoulders, etc.) hurt, I become grumpy quickly!

Thank you. It’s a chronic issue. Just another challenge.
By the way I weakened. Just bought the boots. Lol and oy. I do not need any more boots! But hey my philosophy is “life is short...buy the shoes!”

Or rather, the boots. :bigsmile:

41D1E529-4F46-4175-8938-0233D5FEB449.jpeg

CA4C8D59-7412-4B63-9FC7-4822A7B5DF83.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The boots arrived and they are gorgeous. Just as you said @Gussie they are somewhat stiff and difficult for me to get off my legs but that is also because I have to try keeping my spine straight with all activities so everything is more challenging. My dh was able to pull them off my legs no problem though so as long as he is around I am OK. LOL. I didn't take a photo of them on me because when they arrived it was right at bedtime for me so I just put them on sans socks in my nightgown haha. But will snap a photo another time. Here they are in the box.

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 8.07.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 8.06.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 8.07.58 AM.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha while looking through photos for you I found this photo of Greg patiently waiting for me as I tried on SW boots. LOL. Ever the good DH.

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 5.20.41 AM.png

I know that place :lol:
And the guy looks familiar too...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know that place :lol:
And the guy looks familiar too...

Haha yes and you are overdue a visit...darn Coronavirus. #NYCautumn2020

@Gussie here's a RLP shot from yesterday afternoon and the first time I wore the new boots. They are comfortable (we walked 6 miles yesterday) but getting them off is a 2 person job for sure lol. So I won't be wearing these when Greg is not available to pull them off my legs. :lol: OFC with CV I think I am good to wear them as often as I like right now since my dh is going to be around all the time now.
missyandgregandnewboots.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha yes and you are overdue a visit...darn Coronavirus. #NYCautumn2020

@Gussie here's a RLP shot from yesterday afternoon and the first time I wore the new boots. They are comfortable (we walked 6 miles yesterday) but getting them off is a 2 person job for sure lol. So I won't be wearing these when Greg is not available to pull them off my legs. :lol: OFC with CV I think I am good to wear them as often as I like right now since my dh is going to be around all the time now.
missyandgregandnewboots.png
Re: these boots are two person project.

OK, here’s the plan. I come to NYC. We buy SW boots then go out for lunch, pick up a cute guy boot-savvy from one of the tables next to us, then all go out for dinner.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy they look great!!! I am glad you are still fashionable in this crazy time. Lol, we're in a cabin in the woods so it's been duck boots for me lately!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy they look great!!! I am glad you are still fashionable in this crazy time. Lol, we're in a cabin in the woods so it's been duck boots for me lately!

I am so tempted to go to our beach house. Just not sure I have the energy to move everything and everyone and I just don’t want to leave my parents alone in Brooklyn. Honestly your situation sounds amazing. Blissful.

Stay safe and stay well and enjoy nature and being free!!!❤️

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:cry2:Got an email from duo boots... They're closing

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
y'all.....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
y'all.....

Haha love it.

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 6.59.17 AM.png

Oh I love the silver edition. There are only 50 pairs of each so I bet they are already sold out or will be soon.

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 7.00.01 AM.png

"
Introducing our 5050 VOTE boots, a limited-edition update of our iconic 5050 back-stretch design. These just-over-the-knee boots represent the same timeless, flawless-fit silhouette of their predecessor, while also featuring a “VOTE” motif on the back of each boot. They are further distinguished by our innovative LIFT lug sole — a lightweight rubber sole engineered for durability and resilience — which makes its debut on the style. This exclusive design was created to raise awareness about voting during an important moment in history. Only 100 pairs are available, and 100% of net profits from the sale of this style will be donated to the nonprofit, nonpartisan organization I am a voter. Learn more about the partnership here.
"

ETA: Not available in my size but it says email me when available so maybe they are making more?

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
^Wow! Those are neat!
Were any of the SW OTK boots part of the Nordstrom Anniversary sale?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:cry2:Got an email from duo boots... They're closing

Duo boots is back in business....just ordered my 4 th pair.

I highly recommend them this anyone with fit issues in the calf (too narrow or too wide... doesn't matter).

Plus they have a 40% sale on a few styles - no otk, though

Thanks again @missy ...the platinum enabler pin is on it's way :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of PS today. My new fall look with my new otk boots. Tod's this time. Very sturdy sole, great fit , IMG_20211012_121054.jpg IMG_20211012_121017.jpg great footbed!

Gorgeous! Wear in good health @kipari :appl:

Boot weather is coming woohoo! This week it will be in the 70s F but very soon I will be back to wearing my OTK boots. Cannot wait.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results