shape
carat
color
clarity

SW OTK boots

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got the boots! I must have the weirdest body. They are just barely above the knee! They don't seem as high as your 5050s @missy. I checked the box and numbers inside and they are labeled 5050 but they aren't as tall as I expected. Remember I'm only 5'2" but long legs for my height.

I do like them though. Very soft, streamlined. I will snap a pic later.

That is weird and maybe your calf measurement is longer than mine as I have long legs too and am taller than you. What is your inseam? I would think perhaps they changed the length but I just got a new pair of 5050 in black leather and they seem the same length.

I am glad you like them thought and looking forward to seeing them on you.

Since they are shorter on you than anticipated I recommend checking out the Lowland boot. They might be perfect for you. Just keep in mind they are truly flats and have a tie at the top which you may not care for...but I love the Lowland boots. Very sophisticated.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at zappos to see the taller boots and saw that the suede 5050 that I got was now on sale 20% off. I called zappos and they gave me the sale price! So I am keeping them, lol! I will think about the lowland but it will be a while. I must have 25 pair of boots and it doesn't even get cold here!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried on these pics but I am terrible with selfies! 20191105_151318.jpg 20191105_151254.jpg

Love them! And they do go over your knee a good amount! And woohoo on the discount! ❤️❤️❤️ Nicely done on all counts. Enjoy!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy! I think I am going to like these a lot! Chic and sophisticated is new for me!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking good! Question for you and @missy, can you wear them with jeans? Wondering if that would be too much fabric around your knees and you couldn’t bend knees / sit comfortably.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried them with jeans @kgizo. I don't think the knee would be a problem so long as they are skinny jeans. The problem I had was that the ankle part of the jeans bunched up inside the boot and it looked pretty bad. I think jeggings (or stirrup jeans) would work. I don't have any but I may look for some. I don't care for jeggings unless they look like real jeans.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking good! Question for you and @missy, can you wear them with jeans? Wondering if that would be too much fabric around your knees and you couldn’t bend knees / sit comfortably.

I don't wear jeans so I cannot say for sure but they look great with Jeggings. As @Gussie wrote if the jeans are skinny and close fitting it should be A OK.

The boot doesn't fit me tightly on the knees so as long as it fits you similarly it should not bunch up around the knees. It all depends on the fit.

Just ordered 50/50 in black, so excited. Look great on Missy & Gussie!

Woohoo so excited that PSers are joining the SW OTK PS club haha. Hope you love them!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy do you have the Hilo boots? Looking online those are the ones I like most - they’re very like my brown Frye over the knee boots that I have. I wear mostly jeans and since they don’t have the stretchy panel it looks like jeans might fit better in them. Rue La La is having a SW sale right now and so I was thinking of just ordering a pair then I can return if I don’t like them.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great on you @Gussie.

I can wear mine with skinny jeans.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy do you have the Hilo boots? Looking online those are the ones I like most - they’re very like my brown Frye over the knee boots that I have. I wear mostly jeans and since they don’t have the stretchy panel it looks like jeans might fit better in them. Rue La La is having a SW sale right now and so I was thinking of just ordering a pair then I can return if I don’t like them.

They are too wide for my thighs...I tried them on a long time ago. If they fit you well they look to be beautiful boots. If you can return them I say try them!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look awesome on you, Gussie! We're the same height and my 5050s land on the same spot on my leg. I have the leather version but your pics are making me want the suede version, too!

Kristy, get them in suede and all the colors in suede too. I wear the color boots even more than the black leather ones. Though I find the leather boots more durable as in easier to wear in the wetter weather. I usually don't wear the suede ones out if it's raining though my dh says it's OK once it is treated as long as I don't soak them in water for a long time.

@Gussie the 5050 fits you at the exact right place and I think you were looking at my Lowland boot photo which is a higher on the thigh boot than the 5050 boot.

These are my favorite pair- the blue suede. Doesn't show up well in my photos but IRL they are very blue. But not too blue if you kwim. They are navy but a lighter navy. Not royal blue.

Attachments

• stuartweitzmanbluesuede.jpg
    stuartweitzmanbluesuede.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 55

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite thing about PSer selfies is seeing the rings in all of them :D

@Gussie yay!

Zappos also has the missy-recommended Reserve right now for $399 right now - https://www.zappos.com/p/stuart-wei...gh-boot-black-suede/product/7541695/color/106

They are too wide for my thighs...I tried them on a long time ago. If they fit you well they look to be beautiful boots. If you can return them I say try them!

I think the thigh size should fit - there are a ton of pics online of Kim K wearing them and she's the same height as me, so I measured around that area of my thigh while wearing the kind of pants I usually wear and it came out just at the measurement given for a size 7 on the website, and that's the size I ordered. If they don't fit, I can always return them and then go into the store to try them on. I just got so excited by this post I wanted to get them ASAP but I can't get to the mall until next week.

I had a complete and total meltdown over suede or leather... I ordered suede because I don't have any suede boots unless the Uggs count (not really sure what the outside of shearling is... not really suede or regular leather???). I initially liked the leather ones more but then I thought I have so many pairs of black leather boots, maybe I should diversify? And they are so high that maybe suede will make them look more casual.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite thing about PSer selfies is seeing the rings in all of them :D

@Gussie yay!

Zappos also has the missy-recommended Reserve right now for $399 right now - https://www.zappos.com/p/stuart-wei...gh-boot-black-suede/product/7541695/color/106

I think the thigh size should fit - there are a ton of pics online of Kim K wearing them and she's the same height as me, so I measured around that area of my thigh while wearing the kind of pants I usually wear and it came out just at the measurement given for a size 7 on the website, and that's the size I ordered. If they don't fit, I can always return them and then go into the store to try them on. I just got so excited by this post I wanted to get them ASAP but I can't get to the mall until next week.

I had a complete and total meltdown over suede or leather... I ordered suede because I don't have any suede boots unless the Uggs count (not really sure what the outside of shearling is... not really suede or regular leather???). I initially liked the leather ones more but then I thought I have so many pairs of black leather boots, maybe I should diversify? And they are so high that maybe suede will make them look more casual.

Suede vs leather is a challenging choice. And that is why one needs both or many haha.
If I am only able to have one I always choose leather as it wears (for me) better.

The Reserve is a nice boot.

The Mainstay is nice too but on me it doesn't go OTK.

And haha yes me too. I love seeing selfies with bling!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great on you @Gussie.

I can wear mine with skinny jeans.

@Austina, That is how I wanted to wear them, with skinny jeans and a sweater. Does this work for you without the boot coming up too high? I didn’t want them to look like they were on my thigh. I just saw the pic you posted on the previous page and really like the height of the one you posted. Now I’m wondering if I should try on different pairs. They look great on you Austina.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Calliecake, they absolutely do work with skinny jeans and don’t come up too high at all. Yes, definitely do try different ones to find the perfect pair, and you are absolutely NOT too old to wear them. I think I’m older than you, so go for it! :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh @Gussie and @distracts @KristyDarling @kgizo @Luvallgems @Austina @JrJ -the SW 2020 collection preview just came out and they are available for pre order. I LOVE this one.

siella_cofmlh_12.jpg

I am tempted! But I already have 2 pairs in this color and I do not need another black pair of boots. Arghhh so many boots and not enough closet space!

I also LOVE this pair but I cannot wear that high a heel or I would get this pair for sure. That color is beautiful or should I say bluetiful lol.

tieland_bootie_cersrl_12.jpg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And this sums up consumerism. Buy 2 pair, LUST over the next gorgeous pair that comes out! @missy

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
Oooh @Gussie and @distracts @KristyDarling @kgizo @Luvallgems @Austina @JrJ -the SW 2020 collection preview just came out and they are available for pre order. I LOVE this one.

siella_cofmlh_12.jpg

I am tempted! But I already have 2 pairs in this color and I do not need another black pair of boots. Arghhh so many boots and not enough closet space!

I also LOVE this pair but I cannot wear that high a heel or I would get this pair for sure. That color is beautiful or should I say bluetiful lol.

tieland_bootie_cersrl_12.jpg

I don’t think I have ever needed a shoe as much as I do that brown boot! :kiss2: It’s perfection! Thank you for posting it, Missy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think I have ever needed a shoe as much as I do that brown boot! :kiss2: It’s perfection! Thank you for posting it, Missy.

You're welcome! I cannot wait to see what you think if you get them. I am very tempted but I am trying to restrain myself. They are gorgeous though. That color is rich and the boot luxurious and smart.

And this sums up consumerism. Buy 2 pair, LUST over the next gorgeous pair that comes out! @missy

Yup, that is me. I comfort myself saying at least I am helping the economy...right? :cheeky:

@missy I was looking at one of the light blue ones that is on sale since it is such a trendy color right now

image.jpg

SW "Veruka," reminds me of this suuuuuuper trendy Zara boot but I like it more: https://www.zara.com/us/en/laced-leather-high-heel-ankle-boots-p15134001.html

Nice, I wish I could wear heels. I didn't even know light blue was a trendy color. I just love all blues with light being blue being striking and soft. Always loved light blue. The color of sky and sea and calm.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yup. SW gets footwear/boots. Been a (family) staple, cuz that's what fits. Oh and LOOKS great!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So these are the ones I just got, in the cranberry color - I hadn't liked them at all online but they looked great when I tried them on:

https://www.stuartweitzman.com/prod...elastic/?DepartmentId=602&DepartmentGroupId=1

I wish I had thought to take a selfie in the mirror so you could see them on - I don't have a good full-length mirror at home yet so I'll have to wait until I can have someone else snap a pic!

I tried on a lot of boots - I liked the Tieland and Lowland, but wasn't a fan of the 5050 (prefer solid leather if I'm getting a boot of that height/color, instead of the stretchy stuff in the back). If I end up returning the ones I ordered online rather than keeping them, I'll probably get the black suede Tieland instead.

Sadly they didn't have the embroidered ones I liked so much online. The salesperson said that the sale starts tomorrow. My boots were 30% off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results