shape
carat
color
clarity

Surprise Upgrade for The Missus - First Ritani Purchase

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Speechless. Shocked. Awed.

Presentation reaction was priceless...what I had been hoping would happen, did happen.

And then, after showing her all the nifty specs and comparing it to her 1.69, she got quite a laugh out of me:
"Oh my God! This thing is huge! I'm going to bed...and this is coming with me!"

Yay!!!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock

Presentation reaction was priceless...what I had been hoping would happen, did happen.

And then, after showing her all the nifty specs and comparing it to her 1.69, she got quite a laugh out of me:

Love this!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Pics please

Here are some posts with her current ring:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a job well done! :appl::appl::appl:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some posts with her current ring:

Awww I remember now! Loving all the love I’m feeling about this!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
More pics to come...may be a while, as my wife and I are going to spend the better part of the weekend looking at settings!

And a huge thanks to oldminer for selling ASET scopes on his website!
Go get yours, everyone!

Screenshot_20220930-135735.png

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Well, it's decision time...wife and I went shopping for setting yesterday and wandered into a Helzberg's (I'm an employee of a Berkshire Hathaway owned company), and they had the laboratory version of the AGS ASET on hand, so our new diamond went into it. Two areas of crown digging: edge greens, probably around 3° but edges don't appear dark in those spots to the naked eye while viewing in either direct or indirect lighting.
It is a beautiful diamond and has slightly more fire than the current 1.69 carat.
We'll probably keep it, since my wife absolutely loves it.
When I get my ASET scope in the mail, then I'll tinker around and see about getting some photos taken and posted.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it's decision time...wife and I went shopping for setting yesterday and wandered into a Helzberg's (I'm an employee of a Berkshire Hathaway owned company), and they had the laboratory version of the AGS ASET on hand, so our new diamond went into it. Two areas of crown digging: edge greens, probably around 3° but edges don't appear dark in those spots to the naked eye while viewing in either direct or indirect lighting.
It is a beautiful diamond and has slightly more fire than the current 1.69 carat.
We'll probably keep it, since my wife absolutely loves it.
When I get my ASET scope in the mail, then I'll tinker around and see about getting some photos taken and posted.

Great update and wonderful to hear that your wife is thrilled with the diamond! What will she do with her current ring once she sets the new stone? Will she be able to use the same wrap/enhancer?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Great update and wonderful to hear that your wife is thrilled with the diamond! What will she do with her current ring once she sets the new stone? Will she be able to use the same wrap/enhancer?

Hi, Kim N!
After going back and forth and back and forth on a few avenues:
1. Have a new peg head made and set the new diamond into the existing setting.
...a. keep the current diamond loose
...b. sell the current diamond loose
...c. get a basic setting for current diamond

2. Get a whole new setting with soldered enhancer for the new diamond.
...a. get the same enhancer as current
...b. choose a different enhancer

She chose 2b for the new diamond and keep the existing set for the sentimental factor!

She chose a 14k WG shank that will have a low-height platinum 6 prong laser welded to it and the new enhancer soldered on...we know the head jeweler for Helzberg's around our immediate vicinity and his bench quality is absolutely top-notch, so we are confident that what we will get will be nothing short of perfection...plus the discounts for being an employee of a Berkshire Hathaway owned company are another outstanding perk.
Production should begin around the 7th...the setting will be from Stuller, which we chose from their catalog earlier today.
We're excited!

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Kim N!

She chose 2b for the new diamond and keep the existing set for the sentimental factor!

She chose a 14k WG shank that will have a low-height platinum 6 prong laser welded to it and the new enhancer soldered on...we know the head jeweler for Helzberg's around our immediate vicinity and his bench quality is absolutely top-notch, so we are confident that what we will get will be nothing short of perfection...plus the discounts for being an employee of a Berkshire Hathaway owned company are another outstanding perk.
Production should begin around the 7th...the setting will be from Stuller, which we chose from their catalog earlier today.
We're excited!

She chose the best of both worlds!! Can't wait to see the final piece, and I'm happy for both of you!

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock

Hope there’s enough space in that bed for the three of you :lol-2:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, Kim N!

We're excited!

Ooooh pretty please can I see the Stuller setting?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh pretty please can I see the Stuller setting?

Here's a stock photo that's nearly identical, save for the prong height (ours will be a little lower):

enr8107-round-white-profileview.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Priceless! It is gorgeous.... I hope she took you with her too!! LOL!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Priceless! It is gorgeous.... I hope she took you with her too!! LOL!

It was a tough call choosing between me or the dog, but I won...that round.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s going to be spectacular!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to see the finished ring!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Some minor frustration...

Since my order was delayed, Ritani had to wait until the diamond shipped to process the purchase with my payment method, which was a promotional 60 months at 9.99% interest.

The purchase finally posted on my credit card, but the promotion now shows 12 months no interest.

I contacted Ritani about it so that they could correct it, but was promptly told that I had to contact the credit company.

OK, so I did, and they told me that it was a Ritani problem...

Sent screenshots of the chat from the credit company to Ritani, and now I wait to see if they get it corrected.

All it takes is one mess-up of this caliber for me to halt recommending a company...you don't screw with someone's finances.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I got a phone call from the billing manager at Ritani just now...
Problem has already been addressed and Ritani is making the necessary corrections, which will be finalized in a couple/few days!
He will be sending me an email with confirmation of the changed to the payment method.
Now THAT is customer service!

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
That's good , did u mean to say 60 months @ 0.99 %interest ? But they posted as 12 months _ 0% interest ..
Nevertheless good resolution on the problem.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
That's good , did u mean to say 60 months @ 0.99 %interest ? But they posted as 12 months _ 0% interest ..
Nevertheless good resolution on the problem.

I am hoping that also

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Got my ASET scope today...and no concerns whatsoever (I hope)!
I think the greens that I was seeing in the ASET scope at the store was due to the diamond being slightly off center.

My very first attempt at pictures through an ASET (a bit low quality...taken with a phone camera).

Screenshot_20221003-215026.png

Screenshot_20221003-215051.png

Screenshot_20221003-215825.png

Screenshot_20221003-215653.png

Screenshot_20221003-215726.png

Screenshot_20221003-215909.png

Screenshot_20221003-215936.png

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got my ASET scope today...and no concerns whatsoever (I hope)!
I think the greens that I was seeing in the ASET scope at the store was due to the diamond being slightly off center.

My very first attempt at pictures through an ASET (a bit low quality...taken with a phone camera).

Screenshot_20221003-215026.png

Screenshot_20221003-215051.png

Screenshot_20221003-215825.png

Screenshot_20221003-215653.png

Screenshot_20221003-215726.png

Screenshot_20221003-215909.png

Screenshot_20221003-215936.png

Fantastic photos, and the light return is picture perfect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results