shape
carat
color
clarity

Surprise Upgrade for The Missus - First Ritani Purchase

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
For those that may have read some of my previous comments here and there: I have been planning a surprise upgrade for my wife for about a year.
My initial plan got a little displaced since the recent announcement of LGD versions of JannPaul's delicious Decagon. After a bit of communication (and they are absolutely fantastic, in that regard!), there were some hurdles that I just could not overcome to make that happen, sadly.

So, back to Plan A!
After a few months of searching and searching, just waiting for a diamond that jumped out at me, I think I found "The One"...at least, I really hope I did. I'm going to remain objective and keep in mind that it may need to go back if it just doesn't jive once I get it under my Ideal-Scope.

Without further ado, here is what I selected (price approx USD $4600 shipped):

Here is what the change will bring:
Diamond Upgrade Comparison.png

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
Oh, how exciting! It certainly looks gorgeous in the video. Fingers crossed that you will love it when you get it!!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fabulous! Can't wait to see more pics. I hope you love it.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh very nice inDeed! Can’t wait to see how you like it!! Love the size!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh beautiful!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fantastic in the video and is a HUGE upgrade! So excited for you and your wife! Here's hoping it lives up to expectations in person.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
It’s gorgeous!! Will you go with the same/similar setting or go in a different direction?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It’s gorgeous!! Will you go with the same/similar setting or go in a different direction?

I'm going to see if the same setting can house it...it's a peg head, so I'm hoping that a new set of prongs set in the shank will work out. If not, then I will look to recreate her same setting since she is in dire love with the wrap/enhancer that is soldered on. I already have some leads on the exact same wrap, just in case.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I look forward to seeing what you think of it in person! The Ritani prices are so good, I’ve been tempted to try them out!

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!! Can’t wait to see more pictures!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo this is exciting, can’t wait to see it!!!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Sheesh...I totally forgot that there was a discount code that I applied, bringing the price down a smidge!

Screenshot_20220911-085055.png

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious, DejaWiz--did you also consider GCAL 8x stones for this upgrade?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Just curious, DejaWiz--did you also consider GCAL 8x stones for this upgrade?

Hi. Kim N - yes, absolutely! Unfortunately, GCAL 8X supply seems quite a bit diminished right now, so pickings are slim and prices are up.

My field of selection was even more limited since I was specifically after a 40.6° PA paired with a 34.5-35.0° CA and no more than a 56% table width.
For the same money as this 2.76 D VS2 HPHT graded by IGI, it would have yielded me about a 2.2-2.4 carat E VS1-VS2 with a GCAL 8X report.

If this one needs to go back for any reason, then my primary alternative will be a GCAL 8X, even if no have to wait at least a couple/few months to see what pops into availability.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Kim N - yes, absolutely! Unfortunately, GCAL 8X supply seems quite a bit diminished right now, so pickings are slim and prices are up.

My field of selection was even more limited since I was specifically after a 40.6° PA paired with a 34.5-35.0° CA and no more than a 56% table width.
For the same money as this 2.76 D VS2 HPHT graded by IGI, it would have yielded me about a 2.2-2.4 carat E VS1-VS2 with a GCAL 8X report.

If this one needs to go back for any reason, then my primary alternative will be a GCAL 8X, even if no have to wait at least a couple/few months to see what pops into availability.

Yes, I'd noticed that about the availability and pricing of GCAL 8x stones as well. This stone you've found fits so perfectly in your desired specs and looks gorgeous in the video. And you really can't beat Ritani's pricing, especially with a coupon code!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
One step closer!

Screenshot_20220912-182357.png

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: Aww, the *'diamo-wiz' finds his own special expertly chosen upgrade! That makes me inordinately happy. :praise: You guys on the lab threads need all accolades for the help and access you provide. It's awesome.

*that's what I call you. I know, but it stuck for me.:lol:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Diamo-wiz! Ha! Love it!

Estimated arrival date to my local Ritani partner jewelry store is the 20th. I'll be bringing my Ideal-Scope,but I hope that they have an ASET scope there.
If everything shakes out, then I'll certainly be posting some pictures and videos in this thread.
Fingers crossed on both hands.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boy will your wife be happy!

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
My fingers are crossed for you too! The diamond looks to be a stunner! I hope it works out as you planned:appl:

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!! What a nice jump in size. Hope you love it in person. I wish I could be surprised with an upgrade like this!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope it all works out! She will be a happy lady!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
No updates, yet...nothing since the email about the vendor sending the diamond to Ritani.
I'm champing at the bit!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Reactions: Kya

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
Oh my!! Gorgeous proportions. Cannot wait to see photos!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Just got a shipping status: slight delay with the carrier bringing the diamond overseas.

Ritani customer service has been absolutely fantastic thus far!

Screenshot_20220919-102431.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results