shape
carat
color
clarity

sumbride''s snapshots and pro-teaser pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww! It looks like you guys had a fantastic day! You look gorgeous and that picture of your flower girl taking her shoes off is priceless!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
First dance!

Um, we stood there for about 2 minutes until M thought to signal the DJ to start the song! Oops... we forgot to tell him that small detail... at least we got some good shots. And we also forgot to tell him to cut the song in half so we ended our dance TWICE. oh well, I doubt anyone will really remember that!

summermatt04.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
My cake!

The florist got a wee bit carried away with the flowers... they weren''t supposed to be on the top of the cake.

Oh, and our baker was late delivering our cakes... not a big deal for us, but her son was getting married the same day and she missed almost ALL of his wedding!! She arrived just as they were kissing. I felt so bad, but it wasn''t my fault she was late... and I booked her before her son even got engaged!

And yes, the cake was delish!

summermatt13.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
My friend Shosh with the groom''s cake! It was supposed to be bigger than this, but oh well... and we didn''t have a crumb left... it was chocolate-peanut butter and people were all over it.

sumbgroomscake.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
cutting the cake!

We did not smear! People actually laughed when I made a point of picking up a napkin to wipe the icing off my hands.

summermatt03.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
we had LOTS of dancing and good times! It was a major party!

I like this pic because these ladies are known as "Emily and the other Emily". It''s so cool that they are in the same shot.

summermatt02.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Last one (for now)! One of the FGs dancing the night away!

summermatt01.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! And Zoe, my brothers will be thrilled to hear the compliment!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow great pics! You look awesome! Lovely day too!
36.gif

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Sum you looked like you stepped right out of old Hollywood- so glamorous!!! You just looked so glowey and beautiful!

It looks like everything went off without a hitch, and after seeing your grooms chocolate/PB cake- i want something chocolatey so bad!!

By the way, where did you get the "cleavage coolers"?? I think that is a brillient idea and I must get some for our wedding! (I might just give them for xmas gifts to our Florida family too- how awesome!)

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Cleavage Coolers

We were able to slip them in low enough so you couldn''t see them, and it really helped us keep our composure. It was about 95 degrees that afternoon! I also wore adhesive dress shields and I recommend them to anyone who has sleeves (requires sleeves to use them). When I took my dress off, my dress shields were wet but the satin of the dress was dry as could be. I also used Certain Dri for a month before the wedding... but it was HOT!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 5:28:33 PM
Author: sumbride
Before we ventured out into the heat, we inserted ''cleavage coolers''... ice packs that go in, well... and let me tell you... worth every penny!!! GET THEM!!! Loved them! And they made for some fun moments when we started passing them out.

Sum!!! What a gorgeous wedding! Congratulations!!!!!! (amid slight jealousy that my 9/22 pro-pics aren''t here yet,even teasers)

I am cracking up right now because I also purchased cleavage coolers- in fact it was the only reason I decided last minute that I had to wear a strapless bra, so that I could have a spot for the cooler.

The ones I got were in pretty bridal fabric and my sisters and photographer that was at the house couldn''t believe such a thing existed- can''t wait to see the pro pics of my sister getting them out of the freezer!

Anyway- yes I agree worth every penny- so hot brides everywhere- get youself some
9.gif
9.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Well, it''s about time! Keeps us waiting, she does...
9.gif
Congratulations again, Summer. You looked so gorgeous, and M was dashing! I noticed you had your infinity sign as the cake topper...very cool. Did you get it custom made?

P.S. Cleavage coolers! Man, wish I''d known about those for my wedding.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
wow, your pics look amazing!!! Congratulations MRS Sumbride!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Your wedding was beautiful!!! And you were the most beautiful part! You guys look so happy together. Congrats!
1.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
It looks so lavish. The canopy flowers, the cake, THAT dress is so lovely. I really like the train shot. I would frame that and keep it always in my dressing area. It will remind you of the little details in life that are important.

I adore that makeup shot. I went back to it numerous times. The frame is lovely...and Sumbride...You are too! You really made a spectacular bride. It is really nice to finally get to "meet" you !!

Congrats on being married, and pulling off a stunning wedding!

DKS

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful photos! The whole day looked fab!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Sum - everything looked absolutley gorgeous! I love, love, love all the hydrangeas! Just beautiful.... Congratulations!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies! It really came together so well!

I was never able to do a "my wedding stuff" post because I really didn''t know how it was all going to look beforehand... I planned it from 1000 miles away and had to put a lot of faith in vendors. They mostly got it right, and there were a few happy surprises. I tried my best to just let them take my ideas and run with them to avoid dissapointment. You can''t expect something to look exactly like the picture when you show it to them once.

The one thing that really bothered me were the flowers on top of the cake because you could barely see my infinity sign cake topper. Yes, Selkie, I had it custom made! There is a company in North Carolina that does custom laser-cut cake toppers and they made it for me. Of course, when I look at the cake and try to take the flowers off, I realize that probably wouldn''t have looked substantial enough because there are so many on the lower layers. One thing I learned is that you just have to go with it. Don''t fret and don''t sweat the small stuff. Nobody else knew it wasn''t exactly what I wanted, so I just let it be.

I also didn''t see my dress finalized until the Thursday before the wedding! I''m not sure if you all remember, but those sleeves weren''t original to the dress. I envisioned them and worked with a tailor that didn''t speak much English but drew exactly what I wanted. He put them in while I was away and when I went back for what we thought was to be my final fitting, I''d lost so much weight that he had to completely re-do them! Luckily he had time and the actual final fitting was Thursday afternoon as all my wedding party were getting to town. I feel like he really got what I wanted and translated it perfectly in the satin. Everyone told me how lovely it was and only a couple of people knew it wasn''t made that way originally. They couldn''t really believe it had been another way before. It felt more me than I thought it could. And it was surprisingly easy to wear despite the 2 layers of undergarments and the crinoline.

The pergola we got married under is now in my mom''s yard. She purchased it specifically for the wedding with the intention of keeping it after. If we had room, we''d take it, but it is actually a little wider than our backyard is! They really dressed it up so well and it did feel very luxurious!

I LOVED my hair! I had been through several hair trials and never quite got it right, but the morning of I showed a picture to my hair stylist and he worked together with another stylist to put it together. I had two people curling my hair at the same time! That was a little odd. And I was amazed that it only took 19 bobby pins to pull it all together. I know it took more than that for the other ladies! It felt very old-world glamourous. And very me at the same time.

And now, of course, I''m waiting impatiently for the rest of the pro pics!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Summer you are a knock-out bride! Everything looks lovely, but you look loveliest of all!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
What great pictures! Looks like it was an amazing day! You are beautiful!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hey, so how was MIL? Did she behave?

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
sumbride - you were a beautiful bride - so happy and radiant. You have given me ( also a plus size bride) much more confidence in being a beautiful bride...after reading some postings on photography sites concerning plus size brides and some of the rude comments made, I was beginning to reconsider having a wedding as such as having the wedding dress and whole thing...thank you for your uplifting photos and happiness :}
You are an inspiration...HUGS :}

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 4:47:09 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Hey, so how was MIL? Did she behave?

She was kept FAR away from me most of the time! And away from her granddaughter, my jr. bridesmaid, because she spent a lot of time pre-wedding telling me how much she didn''t like the girl''s dress, didn''t want her hair done, didn''t want her to wear makeup, etc... I had the bridesmaids intervene. They took her to get her hair done, did her makeup, and kept her away from "Gramma". She looked GREAT and had a smile on her face the whole time, one that wouldn''t have been there if she''d been picked on the whole time. In fact the bridesmaid intervention worked so well that she is now MAD at my BRIDESMAIDS! Ha. Like they care! I thanked them profusely.

She came up to me at the beginning of the reception because I hadn''t labeled the tables but I had forgotten to have M tell her. So I said "just find a table." She did and she left me alone for the rest of the weekend! Word is she did have fun but she''ll never tell me.

Oh, and apparently she did NOT like the catfish at the RD... but everybody else did.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 5:11:06 PM
Author: wifey2b
sumbride - you were a beautiful bride - so happy and radiant. You have given me ( also a plus size bride) much more confidence in being a beautiful bride...after reading some postings on photography sites concerning plus size brides and some of the rude comments made, I was beginning to reconsider having a wedding as such as having the wedding dress and whole thing...thank you for your uplifting photos and happiness :}

You are an inspiration...HUGS :}

Thank you Wifey! I''m thrilled that I can be of help in building your confidence! I do remember being apprehensive when we began planning but I realized that I deserved the wedding, and the dress, I wanted so I went out and made it happen. I went to a dress shop that had all sizes to try on and that really made a difference in how I handled it. And don''t be afraid to have one made!

Everyone told me how beautiful I was that night... when you''re surrounded by people that love you, you will be radiant and beautiful no matter what!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 9:35:31 AM
Author: sumbride

The one thing that really bothered me were the flowers on top of the cake because you could barely see my infinity sign cake topper. Yes, Selkie, I had it custom made! There is a company in North Carolina that does custom laser-cut cake toppers and they made it for me. Of course, when I look at the cake and try to take the flowers off, I realize that probably wouldn''t have looked substantial enough because there are so many on the lower layers. One thing I learned is that you just have to go with it. Don''t fret and don''t sweat the small stuff. Nobody else knew it wasn''t exactly what I wanted, so I just let it be.

I LOVED my hair! I had been through several hair trials and never quite got it right, but the morning of I showed a picture to my hair stylist and he worked together with another stylist to put it together. I had two people curling my hair at the same time! That was a little odd. And I was amazed that it only took 19 bobby pins to pull it all together. I know it took more than that for the other ladies! It felt very old-world glamourous. And very me at the same time.

And now, of course, I''m waiting impatiently for the rest of the pro pics!!

I spotted the topper right away, and I think it looked great with the flowers. What flavor(s) was it? Your hair and dress were both amazing. I can''t believe how long your hair has gotten (in the pic of you at the luncheon). Was your dress from Alfred Angelo?

E B

Ideal_Rock
sumbride,

The pictures are beautiful and you looked absolutely radiant! Congratulations!

(You''re also lucky you have pictures now! I got married before you and have to wait another several weeks!)

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
My cake was several different flavors! Each cake was a different flavor with some repeats and the base tier was 6 small cakes. We had orange with cream cheese icing, raspberry with buttercream, lemon with buttercream, and lemon mousse with buttercream. I only got to try the lemon and the orange, but raspberry was my favorite at the original tasting so I wish I''d had a piece of that. They were all good though.

My dress wasn''t an Alfred Angelo. It was labeled "Private Collection" which means I''m not sure who made it, I bought it at Low''s Bridal in Brinkley, Arkansas. I did try a bunch of the AA dresses originally but none of them were "it". This dress made my mom cry.

My photographer only gave me the sneak peeks so far... he said all the proofs will be up in a couple of weeks but I won''t get the cd of photos for about 4 months. Oh well. An artist needs time!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sum, everything looked perfect. We did golf cart photos too (also got married on a golf course). I felt so silly at the time but they turned out cute. Congrats on your beautiful day and new marriage!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I have a few more!!!

Not only did I have a pair of pro photographers, I had a bridesmaid that is ALSO a pro wedding photographer! She graciously took pics when the others weren''t around as well as some just because she couldn''t help herself! Here are HER teaser pics!

My dress and veil pre-wearing.

sumbdresshangingup.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results