shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions to making my ring Into 3 stone?

summerlover76

Rough_Rock
So this is my set. The center stone is 1 carat. A lot of people tell me my engagement ring gets lost with my anniversary band and wedding band. I am looking for a little more finger coverage and was thinking of adding 2 side stones to make it a 3 stone which I have always loved. Also thinking of making the two stones a different shape like baguette or pear to really have the center stone stand out. Do you think it will good or do you think it would be too much? Any suggestions are appreciated.

568E8CDE-3309-4261-ABFF-5B9FE426A7B3.jpeg

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would make a gorgeous three stone ring. I love three stones with pears or maybe even colored sides. Here's the 3 stone thread for inspiration.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pears would be lovely!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are talking about making a 3 stone and still wearing it with the two other bands I think it would be too much.

I think the problem is that the 3 bands are all similar so you just don't know what to focus on. If the two other bands were
more different from your ering then you get added interested...not just more of the same. Several PSers stack rings with
their erings but they use different shapes, textures, widths (and metals...you have that one covered). I think if you changed
one of your stacking bands (maybe wear it as a RHR if they are all sentimental) to something with a different shape it would
add lots more interest. There are so many great examples of PSers stacking rings on Pricescope.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love three-stone rings so I think that's a fun choice, but I also think if your problem is that your center stone gets lost among all the bands, you are NOT going to be solving that problem with a three-stone ring, but exacerbating it. Is that actually a problem for you or is it just annoying to you that people say it so you repeated it here? A three-stone is going to make it look even more like a mass of diamond on your finger than it does currently. Personally I like that look, but not everyone does. I think adding another shape when you already have several different sizes of round diamond going on is also not going to help.

Diamond_Enthusiast

Shiny_Rock
If you are talking about making a 3 stone and still wearing it with the two other bands I think it would be too much.

I think the problem is that the 3 bands are all similar so you just don't know what to focus on. If the two other bands were
more different from your ering then you get added interested...not just more of the same. Several PSers stack rings with
their erings but they use different shapes, textures, widths (and metals...you have that one covered). I think if you changed
one of your stacking bands (maybe wear it as a RHR if they are all sentimental) to something with a different shape it would
add lots more interest. There are so many great examples of PSers stacking rings on Pricescope.

I agree with the above and if you are going to make the ering a three stone and then wear all three bands on the same finger, it will look too messy.

I like the idea of moving one of the bands to your right hand.

Main issue I think is that your ering is getting lost is because of the imbalance between the bands. Your wedding and anniversary band look wider and has bigger melees in the bands than your ering. This creates the imbalance and draws the eyes from the center stone to the other wider bands.

I actually believe you might be better off with the opposite approach - instead of making the ering design a three stone, change it to a solitaire with a plain band. Set the center stone in a 6 prong or a cathedral setting to raise it up higher. Move the gold band to the right hand. Less is more sometimes and adds contrast between your ering and the other bands.

If you still prefer to make a three stone ering, I would go baguette sides and move the gold band to the right hand.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Imho your ring looks great and the center stone does not get lost. If you want a three stone go for it but don’t feel obligated to change your ring at all.

summerlover76

Rough_Rock
I agree with the above and if you are going to make the ering a three stone and then wear all three bands on the same finger, it will look too messy.

Main issue I think is that your ering is getting lost is because of the imbalance between the bands. Your wedding and anniversary band look wider and has bigger melees in the bands than your ering. This creates the imbalance and draws the eyes from the center stone to the other wider bands.

I actually believe you might be better off with the opposite approach - instead of making the ering design a three stone, change it to a solitaire with a plain band. Set the center stone in a 6 prong or a cathedral setting to raise it up higher. Move the gold band to the right hand. Less is more sometimes and adds contrast between your ering and the other bands.

If you still prefer to make a three stone ering, I would go baguette sides and move the gold band to the right hand.

My yellow gold is my wedding band so that one will always stay on my left hand, but I see what you are saying.

summerlover76

Rough_Rock
Imho your ring looks great and the center stone does not get lost. If you want a three stone go for it but don’t feel obligated to change your ring at all.

Thank you for that compliment

the gold band is my actual wedding band

Diamond_Enthusiast

Shiny_Rock
My yellow gold is my wedding band so that one will always stay on my left hand, but I see what you are saying.

In that case, here is a nice looking ring with baguette sides in YG I saw in another thread that could work with your wedding ring. Maybe you can consider moving the white metal anniversary ring to the right and have the YG rings on the left? Of course these are just suggestions, so do whatever makes you happy.

My ring is a 0.8 carat E color round brilliant center stone with E color tapered baguette sidestones in an 18k yellow gold ring. I specifically chose a colorless stone for my yellow gold ring despite the warnings against it because I like the contrast of yellow gold and colorless diamonds. I’m really happy I stuck with it! The tapered baguettes will occasionally look “yellow” in a yellow room or with warm lighting, but I think that has more to do with the shallow nature of that cut (please feel free to correct me if that is not accurate). It doesn’t bother me at all because the center stone always looks white! I’ll attach a couple pictures.

In the 2nd picture you can see that the side stones look slightly yellow from the gold underneath, but the center stone still looks colorless (at least in my opinion!). 1EA8AD6F-1CA6-40C1-9A2A-266CD20EF339.jpeg AC5A0EC0-DEC1-4F8A-AFC4-45E0346E92F3.jpeg 5FD97136-774D-44A7-92BA-B5D4C4EBEEB8.jpeg C976A7E3-47B3-4962-8587-DFED9943671F.jpeg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still don't have a sense from your replies what you really want. Are YOU actually bothered by how your rings look? Do you want a change for your own reasons? Or are you influenced by what other people have said about them? I think your stack is fine as-is, though I think I personally would wear the yellow gold band between the white ones. But like I said, I love three-stone rings and if you want a three-stone ring, I absolutely think you should go for it. But if your main goal is to make the center stone pop more, I think that will be counterproductive, and imo I'd reset into a yellow gold solitaire with a plain shank, and switch the anniversary band to the other hand. Then might get some fun engraved stackers to spice up your set if you want some more. BUT, again, if you just want a three-stone to increase the bling factor, that's definitely what I personally would do, because I'm not concerned about making the center stone pop so much as having knuckle-to-knuckle bling, lol.

summerlover76

Rough_Rock

I still don't have a sense from your replies what you really want. Are YOU actually bothered by how your rings look? Do you want a change for your own reasons? Or are you influenced by what other people have said about them? I think your stack is fine as-is, though I think I personally would wear the yellow gold band between the white ones. But like I said, I love three-stone rings and if you want a three-stone ring, I absolutely think you should go for it. But if your main goal is to make the center stone pop more, I think that will be counterproductive, and imo I'd reset into a yellow gold solitaire with a plain shank, and switch the anniversary band to the other hand. Then might get some fun engraved stackers to spice up your set if you want some more. BUT, again, if you just want a three-stone to increase the bling factor, that's definitely what I personally would do, because I'm not concerned about making the center stone pop so much as having knuckle-to-knuckle bling, lol.
I think I am getting ring shrinkage syndrome. My husband upgraded my diamond to a carat 5 years ago and we changed an out dated 1990’s setting. I loved the idea of wearing my anniversary band with my wedding set because we had a 20 year vow renewal and I am an extremely sentimental person. I love a lot of bling and sometimes wear my set like this and I love it both ways but I have had too many people tell me it’s too much or doesn’t look right. I guess I need to stop being so sensitive and be happy with what I have.

A10783B1-C686-438D-9477-B1680BF711D9.jpeg
E768237B-526F-4E45-BF3A-BEFBFBC74E7C.jpeg

Diamond_Enthusiast

Shiny_Rock
I think I am getting ring shrinkage syndrome. My husband upgraded my diamond to a carat 5 years ago and we changed an out dated 1990’s setting. I loved the idea of wearing my anniversary band with my wedding set because we had a 20 year vow renewal and I am an extremely sentimental person. I love a lot of bling and sometimes wear my set like this and I love it both ways but I have had too many people tell me it’s too much or doesn’t look right. I guess I need to stop being so sensitive and be happy with what I have.

A10783B1-C686-438D-9477-B1680BF711D9.jpeg
E768237B-526F-4E45-BF3A-BEFBFBC74E7C.jpeg

The set looks much better IMO with your ering worn in the middle.

If you love it as it is, don't change it for other people.

If you do decide to reset and feel sentimental about keeping your center stone and want to change it to I three stone, I think baguette sides in YG like the example I included in the earlier post could look nice for your stone.

If you are planning on upgrading your center stone and want to make your center stone stand out more, then this is a good idea:

I love three-stone rings and if you want a three-stone ring, I absolutely think you should go for it. But if your main goal is to make the center stone pop more, I think that will be counterproductive, and imo I'd reset into a yellow gold solitaire with a plain shank, and switch the anniversary band to the other hand. Then might get some fun engraved stackers to spice up your set if you want some more.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am feeling really annoyed right now at the people who criticized how your wear your rings. I will never understand why some people want to take joy from someone and make them feel bad and self-conscious for no good reason. Please don't change it for a few jealous and/or miserable people if you love it. Your rings look beautiful together. I especially like your solitaire in the middle of the 2 bands.

All of that said, if YOU would like a 3 stone go for it! It would look lovely with your bands imo. Just don't let the opinions of others affect what you do. Your set is gorgeous!

summerlover76

Rough_Rock
I am feeling really annoyed right now at the people who criticized how your wear your rings. I will never understand why some people want to take joy from someone and make them feel bad and self-conscious for no good reason. Please don't change it for a few jealous and/or miserable people if you love it. Your rings look beautiful together. I especially like your solitaire in the middle of the 2 bands.

All of that said, if YOU would like a 3 stone go for it! It would look lovely with your bands imo. Just don't let the opinions of others affect what you do. Your set is gorgeous!

Thank you so much for saying that about my set, you made my day I always thought it was a pretty set especially from what my set used to look like but I guess I started second guessing myself. I never did that when I was younger but their also wasn’t internet and social media either.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
First of all, I love your engagement ring, and I think your set is beautiful just the way it is. But I understand the desire for a little something extra.

I upgraded my one carat solitaire to a three stone ring with 1/3 MRB sides many years ago (image in my avatar). It gives great finger coverage, and it looks beautiful with a channel set wedding band. I have two bands that are similar to yours. Here are some pictures of how they look together to give you an idea. My ring size is 5. Hope this helps.

IMG_5988.jpg IMG_5989.jpg IMG_5990.jpg IMG_5991.jpg IMG_5992.jpg IMG_5993.jpg IMG_5994.jpg IMG_5995.jpg IMG_5996.jpg IMG_5997.jpg IMG_5998.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I much perfer your ering in the center of the other two bands.

summerlover76

Rough_Rock

Thank you so much! I stopped off at the jeweler and had the engagement re dipped because it had been 3 years and WOW what a difference. In love with my set all over again Who knew lol!
A6E99B81-5491-42CF-8183-6DDDD4B4628C.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results