shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for wedding band to pair with solitaire OMC

MDS81686

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I have been having trouble deciding on a band for my OMC. I wanted something with a classic, vintage feel. This Is one option that I felt looked sort of antique-like in the store:
25AD66C7-33F3-4DC1-BFF4-700231EF7650.jpeg 4C9EC15F-F40A-4509-8FF9-FA6B0015F94A.jpeg 6816CA87-5501-4E1D-966F-B1BD066836E7.jpeg
but I am not sure if either an authentically old band would look better or a classes shared u-prong would like nice. I want something that will be comfortable on the finger and not too large since my finger is small and the stone is large.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I would pair it with a thin plain 18ct gold antique band, possibly engraved? Then add diamond bands for anniversaries that you can switch in & out. As a staple look, I love a classic plain wedding set & with a diamond like yours, for me it's a no brainer.

But we are all different & what I like you might hate!

MDS81686

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!! That was actually my plan until I saw all the sparkly things in the store! I love the idea of switching out bands later on.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very pretty! I think it looks nice with your ering - but maybe it's competing with it a bit?...the only other thing is the band is higher than your ering band and for some reason that always jumps out at me.

Personally if I had your gorgeous diamond I'd pair it with something sparkly but low-key. I have a thin diamond eternity band from the 1930's that is channel set, sits low, and goes with every single ring I own...I just love this little band. It's platinum but works well with my yg rings. And you could probably find a yg one. Here it is with my yg cluster...I was hoping to find a better pic but this gives you an idea.

That all said...definitely go with your instincts and buy the band that sings to YOU! Nothing wrong with wanting some extra bling LOL. We all have our own personal preferences but you will be the one wearing the ring.

MDS81686

Rough_Rock
That’s so
It's very pretty! I think it looks nice with your ering - but maybe it's competing with it a bit?...the only other thing is the band is higher than your ering band and for some reason that always jumps out at me.

Personally if I had your gorgeous diamond I'd pair it with something sparkly but low-key. I have a thin diamond eternity band from the 1930's that is channel set, sits low, and goes with every single ring I own...I just love this little band. It's platinum but works well with my yg rings. And you could probably find a yg one. Here it is with my yg cluster...I was hoping to find a better pic but this gives you an idea.

img_14454.jpg

That all said...definitely go with your instincts and buy the band that sings to YOU! Nothing wrong with wanting some extra bling LOL. We all have our own personal preferences but you will be the one wearing the ring.
that’s so pretty! I think I am having second thoughts bc of the reasons you mentioned! I went something very minimal and I feel like that ring I chose does sort of compete. We didn’t officially place the order yet so perhaps today I can go there and try a few more on.

I love that ring ! I can see how versatile it can be. I’ll def look for something lower to the finger.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always think that things look best together if the bands are approximately the same height and width, even if they are different styles, because otherwise (at least to my eye) they will not look like they were made to go together. I have a plain platinum band on my ering and a pave wedding band, but they look like a set because the dimensions match (or at least are similar enough to look like they do). I might also be tempted to go with a plain band and then add in some stackers if you want some more bling. But I'd keep the stacks similar in height/width to keep things in proportion.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes to all of the above. It's more pleasing aesthetically if the width and height are similar. I also love a simple band with a gorgeous ER. It allows the ER to be the main focus. But it's also fun to switch it out and mix and match different bands.

Here's where it gets to be too much. LOL

bubbalahand5bands.jpg.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

img_14454.jpg

Junie I swear I swoon every time I see this ring combo on you. TDF Gorgeous. Elegant. Glamorous. Perfect.

@MDS81686 Stunning ER. :kiss2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@aw thanks @missy! And it goes without saying I adore your amazing Bubbalah! :love:

MDS81686

Rough_Rock

img_14454.jpg

What beautiful rings

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As well as the advice already given, I think maybe your antique cushion would look really good with an older cut band rather than modern cut diamonds. The types of facets in your antique stone are chunky with big flashes where the modern ones tend to be more splintery and have smaller flashes. Single cuts, smaller old mine or old European cuts might be a better match if you do want a diamond band.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm from the "anything goes" camp! Your preferences may change over time (mine did) so best thing to do is to experiment, try a bunch of different w-bands on, see what you like, and don't fret over it too much because chances are you'll end up collecting more bands in the years to come anyway. :mrgreen:

That said, if I had your gorgeous e-ring, I'd probably get married with a plain gold band in the same width/height as your e-ring shank. What a glorious set that would be! And then for my first anniversary, I'd get a rose-cut diamond eternity band like this one by CvB, or one with elongated french cuts. As a fellow antique cushion owner, I've found that french cuts look STUNNING with antique cushions. There's something about the faceting that is somewhat similar and complementary.

Enjoy your band search!!

MDS81686

Rough_Rock
I'm from the "anything goes" camp! Your preferences may change over time (mine did) so best thing to do is to experiment, try a bunch of different w-bands on, see what you like, and don't fret over it too much because chances are you'll end up collecting more bands in the years to come anyway. :mrgreen:

That said, if I had your gorgeous e-ring, I'd probably get married with a plain gold band in the same width/height as your e-ring shank. What a glorious set that would be! And then for my first anniversary, I'd get a rose-cut diamond eternity band like this one by CvB, or one with elongated french cuts. As a fellow antique cushion owner, I've found that french cuts look STUNNING with antique cushions. There's something about the faceting that is somewhat similar and complementary.

Enjoy your band search!!
I was looking at one JUST like that on erstwhile ! My jeweler has a bunch of little old mines and he did suggest we custom make a band but they are all diff sizes. Maybe I should suggest he make one just like that? I love it!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was looking at one JUST like that on erstwhile ! My jeweler has a bunch of little old mines and he did suggest we custom make a band but they are all diff sizes. Maybe I should suggest he make one just like that? I love it!

Are you referring to the rosie eternity band that I linked? It is gorgeous, isn't it? I do recommend Caysie if you're going for an antique, patinated look. She specializes in that aesthetic 8)

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Granted I am obsessed with this band and trying (very hard, much harder than it should be) to have it recreated, but what about the bottom band shown here:

I don't think the member who owns this is active any longer but you can find posts from the first and current owner if you search.

MDS81686

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

thank you all so much for your input and great suggestions, I loved every idea and being the indecisive obsessive person that I am I strongly considered and researched each one.After much deliberation and numerous trips to the jewelry store (they probably wanted to kill me) I ended up getting what I originally chose in my post to the insistence of my fiancé to make a choice since we are getting married in 3 weeks. I really do like it and it made me that happy that day in the store. The jeweler did tell me he can make it more antiquey so we will see what that means! Thank you all again for your help and suggestions ❤️.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Glad we could help and please come back and post pictures once you’re wearing it with that loooooovely OMC. And congratulations and felicitations in advance for your wedding day!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooooooo beautiful!!!!! I love that band with your e-ring! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results