shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for new setting for Widget's tourmaline?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for bumping this thread so we can find out what happened. Mimi72: have you set that gorgeous stone? Any CADs to share?

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
MrsWhitney: I only communicated with Widget by email so I'm afraid I don't know how she is.

Minous: Thanks for checking in! But, um….no, I haven't done anything further with this project. I am torn between a pendant, which would give me more wear out of the stone but I couldn't SEE it regularly (and I do love looking at it), versus a ring setting. Before trashing a perfectly good Leon Mege setting (I'd sell it but still…), I was going to try a big spacer. Actually, for the moment, I have some tape wrapped 'round and 'round the back -- high school boyfriend class ring style. :shifty: But, that setting is just too fancy for much wear, so it mostly sits in the closet. :(( I should just get the pendant.

The pic is bad but I took this a few days ago. In the shadowy early evening light it was at it's soft glowing best and looking more green than usual:

img_7615.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
It's a shame that you can't size it down mimi the ring is amazing! Would sizing beads work? My friend added some to her e ring and she loves them!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you opposed to wearing it on a different finger? I didn't think I would but I no longer have a mental block to wear a ring on the middle finger.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1429097106|3862129 said:
Are you opposed to wearing it on a different finger? I didn't think I would but I no longer have a mental block to wear a ring on the middle finger.

This is an excellent idea! The setting is really fabulous and looks great on your hand. I love your last pic. That glow :love: :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, if she has tape wrapped round and round, it sounds like it would probably be too big for her middle finger. :(sad

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results