shape
carat
color
clarity

Success! Yellow Sapphire (Attempt 4) Re-Cut Pre & Post Pics!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Success! Yellow Sapphire (Attempt 4) Re-Cut Pre & Post P

innerkitten|1386823860|3572565 said:
endless_summer|1386821989|3572542 said:
Hey Innerkitten!

It's being set back into its original setting. The setting has a platinum shank with tapered channel-set baguettes on either side of the center stone, and the sapphire itself will be set into the ring's 18k yellow gold crown/prongs :)

Good! The sapphire looked really nice against the 18k yellow prongs.

I agree with you completely! I really liked the look of the yellow gold against the stone & felt it complemented the stone's color nicely, and...I tend to wear silver-colored metals, so combined with the platinum, it was a perfect choice for me :)

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1386853259|3572720 said:
Wow, it looks so much better and the colour is barely affected. :appl: I confess to being skeptical about closing the window when you were first considering buying the sapphire and am very happy to be proven wrong.

Thanks Chrono! I was certainly nervous about taking the gamble & knew that it was a gamble in making the decision first to keep the stone, and then even more so to have it re-cut, but I'm really glad that I did now. I can't imagine that I would have been nearly as happy in the end if I had relied on a setting work-around & just seen straight through to yellow-gold backing. With as beautifully as the stone turned out, I will really appreciate the light-play that the stone now has throughout, as opposed to just around the edges of the crown, and couldn't have hoped for a better result.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful stone and great result!! I love yellow sapphires.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

It looks amazing! I'm so happy for you!

(Mine is packed up and ready to go!)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You did it! It is a sunny yellow, and the window is closed - what little remains will certainly close up when set. I applaud the fact that you took a big gamble and it totally paid off. :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would halo that sunny pear, but that's just me. :naughty:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Laila619|1386879397|3573079 said:
Beautiful stone and great result!! I love yellow sapphires.

Thank you, Laila!!! I am super excited to have a completed 2013 project once it's in its setting next week!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

FrekeChild|1386890606|3573207 said:
It looks amazing! I'm so happy for you!

(Mine is packed up and ready to go!)

I'm happy for you too - I think that your re-cut will turn out beautifully - I love the color of the stone that you're sending out and think that it will be simply gorgeous!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1386909758|3573385 said:
You did it! It is a sunny yellow, and the window is closed - what little remains will certainly close up when set. I applaud the fact that you took a big gamble and it totally paid off. :appl:

Minou, it feels like it has been quite a wild ride - for me, and I'm sure with as much as I reached out to everyone here, it was like watching one for everyone here :) But, all of everyone's efforts were totally worth it - thank you!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1386939946|3573534 said:
I would halo that sunny pear, but that's just me. :naughty:

Ohhhh goodness - it would be a baby big lemony, the sapphire version :) Should it ever manage to look small to me, halo it is!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results