shape
carat
color
clarity

Stupid measurement question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MellowCat

Rough_Rock
i''m sure this is a stupid question and someone is bound to laugh at my ignorance, but I don''t know what exactly these measurements are for my 1.43 ct round brilliant:

Per the appraisal: 7.27 x 7.18 x 4.65 mm

Can anyone clue me in? I simply don''t know. Further, can any useful information be extrapolated from these measurements, other than them just being measurements? I don''t have the benefit of any lab info because the diamond is from an estate piece and already in a setting (My new one!)
26.gif
I''ve done some searches on "measurements" and there is some good info, but nothing has been dumbed down enough for me to even ascertain what each measurement represents. Thanks for your help.
1.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minimum diameter = 7.18 mm
Maximum diameter = 7.27 mm

Total Depth % = 4.65 mm / avg diameter = 64.3%

Depth is a tad deep

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
In order, max. and min. diameter at the girdle, and total depth of the stone...the diameter is slightly under, but within the usual range for a round stone of the ct. wt. you show, and the stone is not out of round...the stone is deep cut.

However, you would need much more info to determine much more about the quality of make of this stone.

MellowCat

Rough_Rock
Ok, that''s what I thought: the first two measurements are to get the *average* diameter. The measurements are approximate, but even though it''s a "tad" deep, I really love the diamond. Thanks so much for your replies.
1.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
How about some pics??
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The fact that you really love this diamond is all that matters. Your eyes are the best tool you have. So what if it''s a tad deep. If it''s beautiful then that''s what counts. Pics please!!!
1.gif

MellowCat

Rough_Rock
Alright, alright! LOL. Here''s a link of the pics I posted in "Show Me The Ring". The pictures don''t do the ring justice at all. It really sparkles beautifully w/lots of prisms (fire) shooting out of it. I''ve never had a diamond that did that. Prolly because I never could afford one!

And as a side note, so much is mentioned here about how color can be the most obvious characteristic one can judge. This ring was rated H - I in color but I find it to look quite "white" to my eyes. So anyone worried about their diamond of an H - I color being too yellow, I can assure you you can be perfectly happy w/an H - I graded diamond. I don''t know if it being "overly deep" would affect the color perception at all. Something else to ponder, I guess.

It''s funny that most people here are researching rings for future purchase. I think I''m one of the few who is researching a diamond I paid nothing for. It''s become a very fun project, albeit there is much laundy piling up as a result of my time spent on "research." I guess if I toss the kid a pop-tart and give an acknowledging grunt to my husband occassionally, I''m not neglecting them TOO much, right?
9.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/want-to-share-my-treasure-and-its-story.37551/

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, i just saw those pictures.... gorgeous FREE ring!!!
2.gif

....but MC, you need to clean it and take some more pictures!!! i was itching to scrub it for you!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results