shape
carat
color
clarity

Studs! Would you rather have....

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!

I need some advice about a studs purchase. I stumbled upon the 1.5 cttw Ready Set to Go studs at Whiteflash that are I/SI. I thought 1.5 cttw was way out of my budget until I saw these. Knowing the great reputation of Whiteflash, would you rather have these larger uncerted studs, or go with smaller certified studs? I don't think I would ever upgrade these. The Whiteflash studs are supposed to be ideal cut. I am also not sure about the I color. Should I go with smaller certified G's? I could probably afford 1.2 cttw certified stones, but the 1.5's are very tempting!!!

I would appreciate any advice, and I promise to post pics once I get them! xoxoxo

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't help you with the cert or non cert decision, but my Js are plenty white on my ears! They were AGS H&A ideal fom BGD and I am VERY happy with them!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My uncerted K's are very white on my ears, though they are older cuts. For me, it'd be about size. 1.5 is a great size and I is very white to my eyes.

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
If you're not upgrading, the 1.5s. If you dont like them, you can always return them!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think the ready, set, go earrings are upgradeable. You might want to call WF and see what else they have that they could recommend - particularly if you think you might want to reset them in the future.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
my ideal cut k's are very white. I get compliments on them all the time. I'd go for the I's as long as the cut is excellent.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only hesitation is that they are saying the stones will be 5.70 mm and I will tell you that my ACA 1.5 pair had stones that were 5.85mm. I think 5.70 is usually about a .70 ct. size. So just keep that in mind as you compare the cost of buying individual stones.

But as long as you are happy with stones the approximate size of .70's and don't want to upgrade, I think they are a nice choice!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
My "I" expert selection studs are very white face up, I would not hesitate to get them.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
me personally, smaller certified. I don't like "big studs" and I would like to 1) be able to upgrade IF that ever changed or 2) use them in a ring or something if that ever was a probability (like if I ever had a kid or wanted to give a niece or nephew a stone for proposing).

Also, welcome back, haven't seen you in a while!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Everyone! You have given me a lot to think about. I am leaning toward certified stones. I upped my budget a bit, so i might be able to get closer to that size with certed stones. I will certainly keep you posted!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Ame, btw I think I will be working with Jim Summa on this project! I think I have nixed the pre set Whiteflash idea for such large stones. I would feel more comfortable with this if I were getting 1 cttw or less, I think. I know you are a fan of Jim's. This will be my first project with him. :) I really like him. I asked him outright if his prices on diamonds were comparable to what I can get online, and he said yes. I wanted to be upfront about that because I want to be sure I get the most bang for my buck on this project. He seems very comparable.

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
EHR2009|1344365246|3247460 said:
Hi All!

I need some advice about a studs purchase. I stumbled upon the 1.5 cttw Ready Set to Go studs at Whiteflash that are I/SI. I thought 1.5 cttw was way out of my budget until I saw these. Knowing the great reputation of Whiteflash, would you rather have these larger uncerted studs, or go with smaller certified studs? I don't think I would ever upgrade these. The Whiteflash studs are supposed to be ideal cut. I am also not sure about the I color. Should I go with smaller certified G's? I could probably afford 1.2 cttw certified stones, but the 1.5's are very tempting!!!

I would appreciate any advice, and I promise to post pics once I get them! xoxoxo

Can I ask where you see these? I do not see them on their website :confused:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
EHR2009|1344445501|3247974 said:
Ame, btw I think I will be working with Jim Summa on this project! I think I have nixed the pre set Whiteflash idea for such large stones. I would feel more comfortable with this if I were getting 1 cttw or less, I think. I know you are a fan of Jim's. This will be my first project with him. :) I really like him. I asked him outright if his prices on diamonds were comparable to what I can get online, and he said yes. I wanted to be upfront about that because I want to be sure I get the most bang for my buck on this project. He seems very comparable.
Woohoo! I can't wait for the update on it. Are you getting infinity stones or non-branded? I've done a few things with him but not lately. I haven't actually bothered them in a while, so I might have to go and do that....

Knowing now that you're local...I kinda wanna see if we can get a PS GTG going here.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Ame, YES to the PS get together! I will probably go non-branded. I want to squeeze as much size out of my budget as I can. :)

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Stargurl, those are my thoughts exactly about the uncertified stones. I THINK I will end up with the 8-prong settings, but I want to get the diamonds first to see what they inspire me to get :) I am sort of debating between 8-prong or miligrain bezels. I'm sure I will be consulting you guys when it comes to that decision :)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
EHR2009|1344526039|3248508 said:
Stargurl, those are my thoughts exactly about the uncertified stones. I THINK I will end up with the 8-prong settings, but I want to get the diamonds first to see what they inspire me to get :) I am sort of debating between 8-prong or miligrain bezels. I'm sure I will be consulting you guys when it comes to that decision :)

We must have the same taste! I was trying to decide between those exact 2 styles when I purchased my studs. None of my local vendors had 8-prong settings but they had 3, 4, and 6 prong studs and I liked the 6-prong ones the best. When I tried on the bezel studs, they just looked weird on my ears. So I went with the 8-prong settings from BGD and couldn't be happier. I'd definitely go try on some different styles to see what looks best on you before deciding.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
How pretty! All I can say is that my diamond engagement ring is "I" and to my eyes it faces up very white. I also have a "G" certified diamond and perhaps I am not very color sensitive but unless I put both diamonds side by side, I can't tell the difference and even then the difference is not all that great.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Stargurl! You don't find that the 8 prongs overwhelm the stones, do you? They appear very delicate in your photos, but I just wanted to be sure. They also seem to work very well with your jackets! Do you find that they make your stones look bigger?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
EHR2009|1344534211|3248590 said:
Thanks, Stargurl! You don't find that the 8 prongs overwhelm the stones, do you? They appear very delicate in your photos, but I just wanted to be sure. They also seem to work very well with your jackets! Do you find that they make your stones look bigger?

I first had a set of studs that were 0.31 ct each and the prongs did seem to overwhelm those stones but BGD didn't do their teensy tiny claw prongs on those settings. When I upgraded them to the 0.44 ct each they made the prongs a lot daintier and I think they are perfect, they don't overwhelm the stones at all. I do think they make my stones look slightly bigger but I will admit that I don't think they have quite the effect that I imagine bezeling them would.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results