shape
carat
color
clarity

Studs from Cecile Raleys' Mothers Day Sale <3

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Hey Everyone! :wavey:

Long time, no talk! I've been a bad bad girl & have been collecting so many stones & seeing projects come to fruition without posting them on PS. I have quite a lot to catch you up on as far as jewels go, alas they will all come in their time & once real life settles the heck down! *Swears at the sky about continuing pandemic*

I know, I know, I've sinned! I've just gotten so lazy about keeping up with posting here as my collection keeps getting larger and my taste in jewelry/gems has and continues to morph into something more than I could have ever imagined.

Anyways, I couldn't keep you all from todays purchase, which was somehow oddly my first legitimate purchase from Yvonne when it comes to her finished jewelry? :think: So weird!

I've purchased quite a few gems and melee from her but I was surprised to realize that I had never purchased jewelry from her yet! So today was the time to change that. She had her annual 20% off select items for Mother's day & it came down to trying to decide between these two pairs of studs...

& If I've learned anything on PS it's that if it won't break the bank at all and I cannot imagine losing out on the piece, that I had better jump on it and jumped on both pairs I did :love:

The first earrings feature a pair of round 4.2mm Rhodochrosites from the Sweet Home Mine in Colorado (Of which I've always wanted a piece of jewelry with sweet home mine rhodos!) It's hard to find fine jewelry made with rhodochrosite, let alone higher quality rhodos as I can be picky about mine, so it was an unexpected find that made me super giddy!

They both have nice clarity and are set in simple protective 14k yellow gold studs with four claw-prongs. The pair is a warm pinky peach color & I think they will look gorgeous on!

il_794xN.3099802205_opgc.jpg
il_794xN.3052070590_o4pv.jpg
il_794xN.3052070412_oz90.jpg
il_794xN.3099802113_mkez.jpg

The second pair of studs that I bought are slightly larger & such a pleasing shape at 4x5mm and total approx 1ct together: a pair of precision-cut pink Burmese spinels cut into elongated cushions and also set in 14k yellow gold with four claw-prongs.

These were the studs that I saw she had posted on IG to promote the sale & that originally drew me in! I was shocked to see that they hadn't sold yet!

These are so pleasing to the eye and I just couldn't resist them!
They remind me of lilac bubble gum ❤️

il_794xN.2726513868_b07s.jpg
il_794xN.2774204015_a6dg.jpg
il_794xN.2774203953_dqww.jpg

I love both dangle earrings & studs but studs seem to prove more practical in my day to day life. I've also found that I prefer my studs to be on the smaller side as my ears seem to be small as well and look best with studs that stay under 5/6mm in diameter.

Both make me so happy & I cannot wait to see them in person! If they don't look too gaudy together I'd love to even wear them together with the larger lilac spinels in my first hole & the peachy rhodochrosites in my second. I think somehow both colors work well together!

Will update with new pictures once I receive them! ❤️
Feel free to post your purchases as well if anybody else purchased anything from her sale!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This will be gorgeous! :kiss2:

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I've had my eye on her shop for a long time but have such trouble settling on what I want (because I want it all lol).

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look gorgeous!! Studs are especially perfect to wear during pandemic times, since you don’t have to worry about adjusting your earrings or catching them on ear loops when taking a mask on and off. I can’t wait to see your pics once you have them!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Wow! You're really going through a pink phase, haha. They will look pretty next to all your greens and blues.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering about you! You've been missing from PS for a little while... glad you're back! You are not allowed to get new bling without telling us. ;)2

Wow, beautiful pinks!
We need earlobe shots, don'tcha know!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I've had my eye on her shop for a long time but have such trouble settling on what I want (because I want it all lol).

I understand what you mean! For whatever reason something about her shop was always a bit off putting, as in it was always overwhelming because there was great color everywhere and I'd end up putting stuff in my cart only to take it out because I truly could never decide!

Luckily I spotted the lilac bubblegum spinels in an IG post she did promoting the sale and just thought they were gorgeous so I didn't have to make a decision really haha!

I also hardly ever buy anything besides rings or gems for rings so it's refreshing to buy a few pairs of earrings that are well made and already finished!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Wow! You're really going through a pink phase, haha. They will look pretty next to all your greens and blues.

Thank you! I hope you are doing well!

& Oh I'm still head over heels for my blue-greens and have something in the works atm in that dept! :cool2:

I've also have always loved various shades of pink/purpley-pink as accents for my blue greens but it's time they get center stage! ❤️

I'm having something made that's orange, something else that's classic blue so I'm all over the map these days!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering about you! You've been missing from PS for a little while... glad you're back! You are not allowed to get new bling without telling us. ;)2

Wow, beautiful pinks!
We need earlobe shots, don'tcha know!

Real life became so busy that I had zero time, I had to basically pick between setting stones and doing jewelry projects or spending my time surfing PS so I'm sure like any good PSer you know which one I picked! Lol

I missed PS in most ways, mainly missed my connections made in here with great people like your beautiful self! ❤️ Did not miss the petty drama though or political debates! haha

I will most likely stay a member for life and will continue to dip my toes in and out with the ebbs and flows of life itself. How have you been? Any new projects that I missed?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Forgot to post the picture that Yvonne sent me under crappy bathroom lighting!

They remind me of Spring, & Easter. Beautiful pools of varying pinks, crystal clear and holding energy that speaks of renewal and hope.

I died my ashy brown/auburn hair black on accident but have been loving it and I think these colors will look lovely with this darker hair and will really "pop"!

icm_fullxfull.345068607_5q2a2aa1nkg80kk4wwc4.jpg

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm going OT for a sec- who set your avatar sapphire @LemonMoonLex?

And I love black and pink together! You'll have a classic look with these!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I'm going OT for a sec- who set your avatar sapphire @LemonMoonLex?

And I love black and pink together! You'll have a classic look with these!

Thank you for the admiration!
The stone is actually an incredibly high quality tanzanite and was a very lucky ebay purchase where I purchased the entire ring already made for a wonderful price. It is definitely one of my favorites out of my collection but I am setting a blue sapphire as we speak in something similar, so you'll have to wait and see! ❤️

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Got my studs in the mail today! Or shall I call it like it is, my own mother's day gifts are here! Lol

The spinels are a beautiful lilac color and their chunky elongated precision-cut cushions are so precious & are SO sparkly!

The rhodochrosites are a richer peachy-pink than I had imagined and I am super pleased! Also their cuts aren't bad whatsoever and lend themselves to a sparkle all their own! I'm so thrilled that I can check off high-quality rhodochrosites in fine jewelry from my list! *Just don't tell my partner that the list is forever growing!* 8-)

The craftsmanship on both pairs are solid and have the tiniest claws. If anyone knows me, they know that I love a good sharp claw! Overall, I'm highly pleased with both of my sweetly pink pairs! They are simple, understated, and wearable yet their unique color & sparkle pique just the right amount of visual interest!

I opened the package once the sun went down, so I'm sorry for the poor quality of the photos! To make matters worse because all four earrings were so refractive my phone camera did NOT want to focus, so I had to fight it to get an okay picture!

The videos are a much more accurate representation of color & cut ❤️

IMG_20210507_211753595.jpg
IMG_20210507_211707316.jpg

Click on each link individually below to watch the two videos! ❤️

Rhodochrosite & Lilac Spinel Studs<3

Rhodochrosite & Lilac Spinel Studs 2 <3

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are both so pretty! :love: The videos really show how differently the two stones types behave in your lighting. They’re beautiful!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
They are both so pretty! :love: The videos really show how differently the two stones types behave in your lighting. They’re beautiful!

Thank you so much! You're always so sweet to me & I love showing you my projects and hearing about yours. You've done some fabulous CS pieces, a few of which are some of my favorites on PS!

& Apparently this year is the year of the earring and just about me branching off from soley collecting rings in general!

I love these little guys! They're like little pink happy pills!

I tried to take a picture of them both on but It was awful lol. For whatever reason I've never been able to get one good ear shot! This is the best that I could do!
:wall: :lol:

IMG_20210507_231312595.jpg

I'll have to try taking some in the car sometime & use the rearview mirror!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! You're always so sweet to me & I love showing you my projects and hearing about yours. You've done some fabulous CS pieces, a few of which are some of my favorites on PS!

& Apparently this year is the year of the earring and just about me branching off from soley collecting rings in general!

I love these little guys! They're like little pink happy pills!

I tried to take a picture of them both on but It was awful lol. For whatever reason I've never been able to get one good ear shot! This is the best that I could do!
:wall: :lol:

IMG_20210507_231312595.jpg

I'll have to try taking some in the car sometime & use the rearview mirror!

They look so pretty on you!! They look beautiful worn together in both of your piercings too :kiss2:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look so beautiful on you! Enjoy your sweet blessings!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@2Neezers & @MissyBeaucoup

Thank you ladies for your kind compliments! <3
Hope you both had a lovely weekend!

Maybe I'm the only one who does weird stuff like this but when I get a new necklace or pair of earrings I wait to wear them until I have the perfect outing to go to. It's like my own little ritual of breaking them in! **Without the breaking part of course! haha

For whatever reason this ritual doesn't apply to my rings! Those babies get attention first at home. Maybe its because rings are more for my viewing when worn & earrings, & necklaces are easily viewed by others!

:think:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results