shape
carat
color
clarity

Stud reset + IDJ jackets = Beautiful!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Bumping this up to ask Ally what size melee were used for the jackets? They are beautiful and I am looking to have something similar made. :bigsmile:

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, Valmanin! I was just going to reply to your thread to say how much I love my IDJ jackets! My studs are 5mm and the jackets are made with 3 point stones. The jackets have definitely been a worthwhile purchase for me. I also have pink tourmaline and blue topaz studs to wear with them and I want to add to my collection. But wearing the diamonds in the jackets will always be my favorite, I'm sure!

I actually originally considered having my studs reset in bezels, and then having jackets made to fit them; I think that's a gorgeous look, too. Can't wait to see what you decide!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yay! :appl: :appl: :appl: Thanks for responding. I was thinking 3 pointers and this just confirmed it! Why did you decide against the bezels? Was it a construction issue...as in wouldn't work with the jackets or just decided to go with prongs?

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the 3-pointers make a great size! And with your bigger studs, they'll be amazing! I ended up doing the martini setting because it allowed me to use a stock jacket size; I think bezels would have required a custom jacket. But if you do it, yellow gold bezels? Gorgeous!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results