carat
color
clarity

Struggling to decide on a (male) wedding ring

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all,

I'm not sure if this should be in RT or somewhere else :???: but I couldn't really see anywhere else it would be suited for, sooooo...

Basically, I am struggling to make a decision on a wedding ring for me.

My good lady is pretty much decided on a 2.5mm Platinum band with small milgrain edges and some form of 'flowery' engraving round it, as having tried rings with diamond melee in them, diamonds take attention away from her engagement ring's CBI stone, which should naturally have pride of place :)

But... I am struggling to choose. I want something different and have pretty much settled on a patterned Damascus Steel ring, because I like the 'honesty' of being able to see how it is constructed, and the fact that it is a little bit different :) However, the price on the website I found is not the price in the store - the website appears to be somewhat out of date, so whereas the ring was looking like a cheaper option, it is now about the same price as a plain platinum band for me. :eh: :roll:

My internal struggle is over whether I should choose the Damascus Steel ring because it's cool / I like it / it should be the only one I ever have, or whether I should get just a chunky plain platinum band for the same money - after all, in a worst case scenario, a lump of pretty steel is going to be worth a lot less to a pawnbroker or 'cash for gold' place than a lump of precious metal...

I know this is entirely a personal decision but I just feel like I need to bounce my dilemma off the trusty PS forumites to get some external views and/or validation! :lol:

So, thank you for listening to my rambling indecision ;-) :D lol

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
first of all, we need to see a picture! I googled and they are SO gorgeous!

second of all... this is a once in a lifetime purchase, right? Get exactly what you want!!! Look at the work you went through for your lady to get her an exquisite stone that makes her smile when she looks at it. Get something that will make you smile when you glance at your ring.

I'm nuts about "different" looking wedding bands for men. One of my brothers has a black wedding band and i just bought my husband a stainless steel, carbon fiber and diamond band for our 15th anniversary because he wanted something different. (his ring size changed and his original band has beautiful engraving and cannot be resized)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love unique wedding bands for men. I think they are great, and a nice way for a guy to "express himself" with a ring (since I feel like for women engagement/wedding sets do that, but for men they often don't).

My DH originally got a plain gold band, but then decided he preferred Tungsten, so we got him this one and he loves it. I think he's had it for over 3 years now:

8389242566202445446.jpg 4468990714942240144.jpg

So I 100% think you should get what you want, regardless of whether its the norm or not.

I think damascus steel rings are awesome. This is my favorite site for men's bands (he has tons of neat unique stuff, including damascus steel)

https://jewelrybyjohan.com

I'm planning to get him one of these at some point, but he thinks it's silly to spend money on jewelry for him since he doesn't understand my "hobby" :lol:

https://jewelrybyjohan.com/shop/meteorite-ring-14k-yg-dinosaur-3187/
https://jewelrybyjohan.com/shop/titanium-ring-meteorite-dino-yg-1617/

E B

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like the Damascus steel is the way to go. You won't even think about the extra money a few days, weeks, months down the line, but you'll be glad you got what you wanted every time you look at it.

starrylight

Shiny_Rock
Confirm with your seller their resizing policy as I believe by resizing Damascus steel, you would break up the pattern.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are lots of Damascus steel rings on etsy. You may also like mokume gane, which is a similar look but can use different metals. My husband ended up liking a platinum ring inlaid with meteorite. There are plenty of not-totally-plain-but-still-masculine choices for men out there if you do a little looking.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks for your replies, everyone :))

You are all terrible enablers ;)) lol, but you do all make very valid points!

Given how much the wedding is going to end up costing, and how it's supposed to be a one-off, I guess a little extra for something that won't have a high inherent value of materials won't break the bank...

(How is it that my credit card is going to be battered much worse than I thought it was going to? These weddings seem to just suck up money! :shock: )

I tend to stay the same body shape/size for a long period of time, I've been my current shape for a good few years now (despite a completely sedentary job), so I am hopeful that it whatever I get wouldn't need re-sizing. (Crosses fingers)

distracts|1475800865|4084319 said:
There are lots of Damascus steel rings on etsy. You may also like mokume gane, which is a similar look but can use different metals. My husband ended up liking a platinum ring inlaid with meteorite. There are plenty of not-totally-plain-but-still-masculine choices for men out there if you do a little looking.

The one I am thinking about is the Wood Grain (oxidised version) from Chris Ploof, which is near the bottom right of this page:

http://www.chrisploof.com/galleries/naked-damascus/

I resent paying the 'label' mark-up on it :roll: but I've struggled to find similar patterns that I like on other sites :(

Believe me, I've been trawling for ring options for a while... :???: :lol:

my_ring_-_screengrab_for_ps.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband has a Damascus ring in wood grain pattern by Chris Ploof. He couldn't find anything remotely comparable. It was very pricey, more than my wedding ring and nearly as much as my engagement ring. After over a decade the cost seems inconsequential.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea|1475850150|4084473 said:
My husband has a Damascus ring in wood grain pattern by Chris Ploof. He couldn't find anything remotely comparable. It was very pricey, more than my wedding ring and nearly as much as my engagement ring. After over a decade the cost seems inconsequential.

Hi Rhea,

Thanks for your feedback!

I wouldn't have thought it was difficult to find a comparable but cheaper version, but somehow I've not seen anything with a pattern I like as much!

Would you be able to get a picture of your husband's ring, to show what they look like when aged? :))

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure! Though he doesn't wear it every day. Risk of finger damage. I think it's on the bench at the moment so if I can figure out how to attach a photo I'll do it.

I just found the receipt. It was less than I thought, though the £ was strong against the $ then. He customised it a fair bit as well, width, lining, metals, engraving.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best I can do!

1475852000989-960173125.jpg

1475852049361-1627221480.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1475850926|4084476 said:
What price(s) are you finding? This site has it for $300 less than I saw it at another site, so just in case you hadn't seen it:

http://www.artfullyelegant.com/prod...in-ring-6mm/?gclid=CKiQrdv0yM8CFdcUgQodVlgMAw

Thanks for the link! :))

The place I've found it (which I think is perhaps the only vendor in the UK) is charging basically that number but in GBP/£. (The website says £250. though :roll: )

I usually swap $ and £ signs for a rough approximation of import costs but with the weak £, it really is almost identical...
($550 / $1.28) *1.2 = £515.62

I can't remember if there's specific import tax on jewellery either - I know diamonds have to be loose to avoid specific import tax but I'm not sure if the 2.5% (IIRC?) tax applied to a set diamond is because it is then jewellery that is charged for, or whether it's some weird thing that only the diamond element is charged for...

If it is charged, that brings it up to £528.52 so I might as well just order it through the local shop and pay the extra in recognition of the fact that they have spent time catering to my visits!

Quite annoying really :( Roll on the £ being strong again in a couple of years... ;-) :lol:

Rhea|1475851663|4084479 said:
Sure! Though he doesn't wear it every day. Risk of finger damage. I think it's on the bench at the moment so if I can figure out how to attach a photo I'll do it.

I just found the receipt. It was less than I thought, though the £ was strong against the $ then. He customised it a fair bit as well, width, lining, metals, engraving.

Awesome, thank you so much for taking the time to get some pictures and then faff around with uploading them :sun:

I think that still looks great, I would never have guessed it was 10 years old!

I will be interested to see how the oxidised layer lasts if I get the one I'm looking at, but the shop did say that they can send it away to be re-oxidised if required (I presume at my cost, of course).

If there is no extra charge for customisation then I think I might tweak it as well - I only have skinny fingers (about a 7 at a squeeze, 7.5 being a smidge loose - I can fit the other half's engagement ring! :lol: ) so I'm thinking perhaps a 7.25 but without internal sleeving/polishing, and maybe see if I can increase the width to maybe 6.5mm or 7mm...

We're going down at the weekend to look at them again so I will have another look and decide, I think. The plastic will get battered if I order both rings on the same day! lol

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny|1475857544|4084499 said:
If there is no extra charge for customisation then I think I might tweak it as well - I only have skinny fingers (about a 7 at a squeeze, 7.5 being a smidge loose - I can fit the other half's engagement ring! :lol: ) so I'm thinking perhaps a 7.25 but without internal sleeving/polishing, and maybe see if I can increase the width to maybe 6.5mm or 7mm...

His is 8mm, size 8.5. I remember he wanted wide so that the design showed more. It's on my thumb in the photos (I like to wear it when he doesn't), but the 8mm looks really good on his hands, which he won't let me take a photo of.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea|1475858945|4084503 said:
OoohShiny|1475857544|4084499 said:

His is 8mm, size 8.5. I remember he wanted wide so that the design showed more. It's on my thumb in the photos (I like to wear it when he doesn't), but the 8mm looks really good on his hands, which he won't let me take a photo of.

Is he worried we will think his hands aren't pretty enough? :D lol

Thank you again for the information and pics, though, they're really useful! :))

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP
Have you search e-weddingbands.com?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WillyDiamond|1475946773|4084795 said:
OP
Hi Willy,

Thank you for the suggestion :))

I can't remember specifically because I've looked at so many websites recently :D but it does look familiar, so I think I must have done! :lol:

I think I am going to go with the Chris Ploof one and be done with - all the stuff I'm seeing on Etsy and other websites is ooookkkkaaayyyyy and I do like some of the patterns a lot, but just not quite as much - so I'm just going to have to go with my heart on the basis that my gut instinct is usually right about things :)

Now I just have to decide whether to go with 6mm or 7mm wide - the one I've tried is 6mm but it looks like CP has a 7mm one on his website!
http://www.chrisploof.com/nd-srox-wod-2/

I wish I was more decisive :wall: :lol:

(And had taste for the cheaper things in life, instead of stuff that usually ends up bankrupting me!! lol)

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny|1475961334|4084869 said:
OP
Hi Willy,

I can't remember specifically because I've looked at so many websites recently :D but it does look familiar, so I think I must have done! :lol:

I think I am going to go with the Chris Ploof one and be done with - all the stuff I'm seeing on Etsy and other websites is ooookkkkaaayyyyy and I do like some of the patterns a lot, but just not quite as much - so I'm just going to have to go with my heart on the basis that my gut instinct is usually right about things :)

Now I just have to decide whether to go with 6mm or 7mm wide - the one I've tried is 6mm but it looks like CP has a 7mm one on his website!

(And had taste for the cheaper things in life, instead of stuff that usually ends up bankrupting me!! lol)

That is a very nice looking choice. Is there any way you can try on the ring or if not near the jeweler could you try on another 6 or 7mm wide ring. The reason I say this is because those are pretty wide rings. I don't know how big or small you are, I wear a 4 mm wedding band for your info.
Good luck and good choice.

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
Fun stuff! I agree with the earlier comments about getting what speaks to you. It is, after all, a lifetime sort of thing. For some reason the trend right now is the "machine part" look of tungsten or some such, and I think it's a good thing that you're doing what you like!

As far as width goes, a wider band can sometimes look more industrial (if that's your thing) and can affect comfort too. Depending on how curved it is (compared to a straight wall pipe cut) a narrower band can still look substantial while staying comfortable.

Below is a shot from our wedding day. It's my wife's engagement ring, then her wedding band, then my wedding band. I also went with what wasn't too common but what spoke to me: a 5mm domed band with a slight bevel, in rose gold. Hers are each 2mm if that helps. My ring size is about 7.75 and I quite like the 5mm with mine. 7mm seems like it would be pretty wide, but your hands are your hands and your eyes are the judge!

_6155.jpeg

_6156.jpeg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1475988363|4084962 said:
Absolutely get something that will make your heart sing, if at all possible! My RHR makes my heart sing, and I've never ever regretted buying it.

Twenty-two pages of men's rings to provide more food for thought:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mens-bling-eyecandy-folder.116617/

Thanks for the reminder on the Men's Bling thread :) I have been through that thread far too often! :lol:

I think I will definitely go with this ring, even though it's not exactly cheap, as like you say, something I will wear foooorrrreeevvveeerrrr :shock: :lol: has to sing to me, which this does - I keep coming back to it so I just need to get it bought!

Although my good lady might just be saying similar to get me to make a decision because she's fed up with trawling all the shops... :???: LoL

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WillyDiamond|1476025286|4085036 said:
OoohShiny|1475961334|4084869 said:
OP
Hi Willy,

That is a very nice looking choice. Is there any way you can try on the ring or if not near the jeweler could you try on another 6 or 7mm wide ring. The reason I say this is because those are pretty wide rings. I don't know how big or small you are, I wear a 4 mm wedding band for your info.
Good luck and good choice.

Hey Willy,

I have indeed tried on the ring in person and it is very nice!

The plot does thicken, though, in that I went back through my emails and realised my original quote from when I first saw it was for a 7mm, but the quote this time was for a 6mm at the same price. I asked them and they checked, and because of the currency movements (a whole six cents against the £) and the fact it's going to have to come from the US, the prices have now gone up :roll: :mad:

So... although I liked the 6mm when I tried it on in the shop, I think I'd like to go back to the 7mm because it would look cooler (IMHO, of course) and still be just as comfy :)

But then if I'm going for the 7mm, should I go for the 8mm version, which works out roughly the same unit price per mm of width as my original quote was for?

Would 8mm be 'too much' and be uncomfortable??

I went to a local shop to look at 7mm and 8mm 'trial' rings and I think they look ok on my hand - they don't look too ridiculous, fortunately :) - but they didn't have my size because they just order the giant sizes so everyone can try them out! (£2.5k for an 8mm platinum band? Really??)

So, having remembered that my good lady's ring finger size is seemingly measuring as the same as mine (7.5/'O and a half', although that depends on which conversion chart you use... :roll: which is a whole other rant of mine... lol) I mentioned it to her later in the evening and ended up stacking three of her rings on my finger to get to 7-8mm width!

She wasn't too sure about the pretty flower ring :lol: but ring-size-wise, they seemed to be ok. They were perhaps a little too snug when I was hot, which might annoy me if my finger starts to throb when I'm hot? but then I don't want to have a ring that rattles around my scrawny finger when it's winter and I'm cold and my hands have shrunk :???:

So, should I get ring size 7.5 or a 7.75? And either way, would the width potentially be annoying?? It felt a little annoying last night but then I'm not sure if it was just because I'm not used to wearing rings at all. It kind of faded after quarter of an hour or so but didn't completely go away. When I took one of the rings off, though, and left just two on, I think it did feel more comfy because my finger felt a bit 'free-er', but my personal aesthetic taste is that a 5mm ring just looks a bit too narrow on me, even though I'm not a very big chap and 5mm is still pretty wide, so I would like to go wider if I can!

I'm not entirely sure what to do. :( I don't want to buy an 8mm if it looks cool (IMHO) but annoys me by feeling restrictive! But then I don't want to order a 7mm if I would get used to the 8mm over time anyway. :|

I think I am going to order the cheap, plain stainless steel 6mm and 8mm sizing rings I've found online, so I can wear them for a couple of days to see how they feel. They unfortunately only do half-sizes, so I think I'll order size 7.5 and 8 in both the 8mm rings and the 6mm rings and start by wearing the 8mm in the size 7.5. If it doesn't 'disappear' on my finger and I forget I'm wearing it, I'll try the size 8 to see if it makes a difference. If it does indeed help it 'disappear' then I'll stick with the 8mm and go for the size 7.75 when I order :) If it is just too much in either 8mm ring size, though, I'll try the 6mm in the smaller size first to see what it's like. If the smaller width does feel better then 7mm width should hopefully be fine in size 7.5 and I'll get that ordered instead :)

It's all a bit of a faff really :lol: but I'd rather spend perhaps £50 extra now to get the right size straight off than have to mess about with stretching a ring that was a size to small (or being stuck with a ring that just feels too loose because it was a size too big :| )

It's all a bit stressful, I don't know how everyone who upgrades regularly deals with all of this :lol: lol

EDIT: Man, that was a monster post, sorry about that :lol:

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For men's ring, deciding on the width is somewhat tricky. It depends on so many factors. Finger length, finger size, hand size, ring design, etc..
For me, I cannot do anything wider than 4.0mm. I prefer 3.0mm.
Many go for 6.0mm and that's what you mostly see.
Some men have really big hands and can handle 7.0mm or even 8.0mm.
It is upto the wearer, who actually needs to try different widths.

With that damascus pattern, I do agree that the wider is the better to show off the pattern.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey fp,

I do wonder if the larger widths is an implied 'manly' thing to do, as defined by the marketeers - similar to the fact that watches have grown in size in recent years.

As you say, we should choose what looks good on us and not be dictated to by fashion! Good taste never goes out of fashion :))

SirGuy|1476119419|4085339 said:
Fun stuff! I agree with the earlier comments about getting what speaks to you. It is, after all, a lifetime sort of thing. For some reason the trend right now is the "machine part" look of tungsten or some such, and I think it's a good thing that you're doing what you like!

As far as width goes, a wider band can sometimes look more industrial (if that's your thing) and can affect comfort too. Depending on how curved it is (compared to a straight wall pipe cut) a narrower band can still look substantial while staying comfortable.

Below is a shot from our wedding day. It's my wife's engagement ring, then her wedding band, then my wedding band. I also went with what wasn't too common but what spoke to me: a 5mm domed band with a slight bevel, in rose gold. Hers are each 2mm if that helps. My ring size is about 7.75 and I quite like the 5mm with mine. 7mm seems like it would be pretty wide, but your hands are your hands and your eyes are the judge!

Many thanks for the pictures, Guy, they're really useful :) 5mm looks good, and I'm liking the Rose Gold as well, it's not a very common choice :sun:

With apologies for being annoying, may I ask if you have any more pics of your wife's wedding ring to hand? (Don't go out of your way if not!) My good lady has struggled to find a decent engraving choice for such a narrow band, she would like a 2.5mm herself!

Thanks again for everyone's replies, they are much appreciated :))

phancynan

Rough_Rock
IMO Ordering 6mm and 8mm rings to wear around is a great idea. I don't have extremely short fingers, but the space where my rings fit seems to be quite small compared to other people. I think the webbing between my fingers may be a little more robust? (I don't have duck-foot hands though, I swear!) (I'm a female by the way) Anyway, a trial run before laying down money is always a good idea. I also wear a size larger once my rings get wider, so the width of the ring may affect your size needs.

My husband's fingers fluctuate in size quite a bit winter to summer, and he has lost (and thankfully found) his original wedding ring three times in the snow with taking gloves on and off. I finally purchased him a $30 silver band to wear in the winter for my own sanity!

The ring you have chosen is wonderful, and I completely agree that it is worth it to splurge (if one can) on something that makes hearts sing.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's really what you like, if spending a few extra dollars to try both sizes works for you, then go for it.
Do post some pics and good luck.

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
OoohShiny|1476312205|4086375 said:
Many thanks for the pictures, Guy, they're really useful :) 5mm looks good, and I'm liking the Rose Gold as well, it's not a very common choice :sun:

With apologies for being annoying, may I ask if you have any more pics of your wife's wedding ring to hand? (Don't go out of your way if not!) My good lady has struggled to find a decent engraving choice for such a narrow band, she would like a 2.5mm herself!

Sure thing man. As far as width goes, here's how it went for me. One of my groomsmen has a wider wedding band in yellow gold: something like 7mm or 8mm, so the size you're considering. At first I thought his was way too wide for what I would want. I had tried on a sample 5mm band when shopping and that's what I ordered. When I got married I spent the first few hours wondering if I made a mistake (about the width of the band!) and whether mine was too narrow.

My groomsman said that mine looked great on me, wasn't too narrow, and more importantly told me that he sometimes felt his was too wide, and wasn't as comfortable. After a few days of reflection I felt more comfortable with my 5mm choice, and within a few months I was very happy and wouldn't want anything else.

I agree with your thought about trying on samples and seeing what you like in the day-to-day. For what it's worth, when I got measured in winter my ring size was somewhere between 7.5 and 7.75. When I received the ring, it was too snug. I had it re-sized to a definitive 7.75 and that helped. Temperature, dehydration, etc. can all affect the fit, and it also depends on how snug you like it anyway. Mine is kind of snug and won't come off with a normal tug. I have to twist and pull to get it off, while straightening my finger at the same time. Perfect for me.

As requested (and no, not annoying at all) below are some photos of my wife's wedding band and engagement ring together. Each is 2mm. Her ring size is 5.75. Both of hers are platinum; the wedding band is hand engraved.

Hope that helps!

_6169.jpeg

_6170.jpeg

_6171.jpeg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SirGuy|1476324316|4086456 said:
OoohShiny|1476312205|4086375 said:

Sure thing man. As far as width goes, here's how it went for me. One of my groomsmen has a wider wedding band in yellow gold: something like 7mm or 8mm, so the size you're considering. At first I thought his was way too wide for what I would want. I had tried on a sample 5mm band when shopping and that's what I ordered. When I got married I spent the first few hours wondering if I made a mistake (about the width of the band!) and whether mine was too narrow.

My groomsman said that mine looked great on me, wasn't too narrow, and more importantly told me that he sometimes felt his was too wide, and wasn't as comfortable. After a few days of reflection I felt more comfortable with my 5mm choice, and within a few months I was very happy and wouldn't want anything else.

I agree with your thought about trying on samples and seeing what you like in the day-to-day. For what it's worth, when I got measured in winter my ring size was somewhere between 7.5 and 7.75. When I received the ring, it was too snug. I had it re-sized to a definitive 7.75 and that helped. Temperature, dehydration, etc. can all affect the fit, and it also depends on how snug you like it anyway. Mine is kind of snug and won't come off with a normal tug. I have to twist and pull to get it off, while straightening my finger at the same time. Perfect for me.

As requested (and no, not annoying at all) below are some photos of my wife's wedding band and engagement ring together. Each is 2mm. Her ring size is 5.75. Both of hers are platinum; the wedding band is hand engraved.

Hope that helps!

Many thanks for your reply, that's really helpful :)) I do wonder if I will be the same as your groomsman if I go for a 7 or 8! :???: Hopefully the trial rings will help my decision - well, if the seller ever actually replies to my query about them so I can order them... :roll:

I think I might go straight for the slightly larger ring size, based on your experiences :) Like you, I want it secure and snug but not cut-your-circulation-off snug! :lol:

Your wife's rings are beautiful, thank you for the pictures too :sun: I hope we can find similar quality of engraving but we are struggling to find anywhere that can do a 2.5mm band with such detail (or at least do it for a reasonable price). I may start a thread soon to seek the wisdom and recommendations of the forum, I think! :)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
phancynan|1476319806|4086425 said:
IMO Ordering 6mm and 8mm rings to wear around is a great idea. I don't have extremely short fingers, but the space where my rings fit seems to be quite small compared to other people. I think the webbing between my fingers may be a little more robust? (I don't have duck-foot hands though, I swear!) (I'm a female by the way) Anyway, a trial run before laying down money is always a good idea. I also wear a size larger once my rings get wider, so the width of the ring may affect your size needs.

My husband's fingers fluctuate in size quite a bit winter to summer, and he has lost (and thankfully found) his original wedding ring three times in the snow with taking gloves on and off. I finally purchased him a $30 silver band to wear in the winter for my own sanity!

The ring you have chosen is wonderful, and I completely agree that it is worth it to splurge (if one can) on something that makes hearts sing.

Thank you for your kind words :) You describe exactly the situation I am trying to avoid! :lol: Getting it right first time really does seem to be tricky. lol

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WillyDiamond|1476320492|4086430 said:
It's really what you like, if spending a few extra dollars to try both sizes works for you, then go for it.
Do post some pics and good luck.

So... pictures!

I just remembered last night that I took some photos on my first visit! :))

They're not great quality but I think they help illustrate what the Chris Ploof rings look like in 'real life' as opposed to a touched-up photo online :)

The first two show the meteorite inlay rings that I liked on the screen but didn't suit me in real life, and you can see the Damascus Steel ring in the top right:

This third one is amaaaazing :love: , being a Mokume Gane of Rose Gold and Meteorite, which I think makes it unique, from what I can see. It is, however, £3.5k :shock: and I wasn't so keen on 'seeing the join' that you can see in the zoomed-in picture, or the fact that the widmanstatton lines in the meteorite material seem to have been lost in the Mokume process, presumable because the material effectively gets squashed and twisted around in the process :( :

Right, have run out of attachments for this post now so please see the next... :)

chris_ploof_-_yellow_gold_and_meteorite.jpg

chris_ploof_-_rose_gold_and_meteorite.jpg

chris_ploof_-_rose_gold_and_meteorite_mokume_game.jpg

chris_ploof_-_rose_gold_and_meteorite_mokume_game_-_crop.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results