shape
carat
color
clarity

strong blue fluorescence Bad?

jmp46470

Rough_Rock
I’m waiting for my diamond to come in and originally I thought strong blue fluorescence would be good due to the price decrease. The diamond is a K faint brown,I’m not looking for it to “appear” whiter as I like warm diamonds.

Can you tell from the images if this diamond has any negative effects from the strong blue florescence? Or will I just have to take it into sunlight to see?

Is it highly likely that it will be hazy ? I’m reading mixed opinions.
And faint brown diamonds seem challenging to find.
Thank y’all!!
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/1.50-carat-k-color-vs2-clarity-sku-7119626

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s hard to tell since James Allen makes it so hard to get information now. It does have a prominent bow tie, if you are ok with that. I like the color. You can ask to have their gemologist evaluate it for negative effects. I wanted to see what the depth is.

jmp46470

Rough_Rock
It’s hard to tell since James Allen makes it so hard to get information now. It does have a prominent bow tie, if you are ok with that. I like the color. You can ask to have their gemologist evaluate it for negative effects. I wanted to see what the depth is.
AE523E42-1C50-4582-94EF-813F5D3B2DCF.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m waiting for my diamond to come in and originally I thought strong blue fluorescence would be good due to the price decrease. The diamond is a K faint brown,I’m not looking for it to “appear” whiter as I like warm diamonds.

Can you tell from the images if this diamond has any negative effects from the strong blue florescence? Or will I just have to take it into sunlight to see?

Is it highly likely that it will be hazy ? I’m reading mixed opinions.
And faint brown diamonds seem challenging to find.
Thank y’all!!
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/1.50-carat-k-color-vs2-clarity-sku-7119626
Doesnt look hazy to me, I think it's gorgeous. But yes it definitely has a bowtie so hopefully you are ok with that!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are only small percentages of Strong and Very Strong Blue fluorescent stones that suffer any negative effects ('oiliness' or haziness), so statistically you would be unlucky to find one :)

jmp46470

Rough_Rock
F2332AC6-6159-405A-8A95-7DA77C849189.png
Doesnt look hazy to me, I think it's gorgeous. But yes it definitely has a bowtie so hopefully you are ok with that!

Thank y’all so much! Ovals are tricky! No longer am I worried about florescence but now it’s hello bow tie..

I am in love with the the color which is why I choose this diamond and I thought the price point was nice at 4,400.

But how prominent will the bow tie be? I thought it was less then many ovals I viewed on James Avery :(2. Should I except something like the attached picture ?
Either way I’m keeping it as I truly love the tint. But I would like to know what to expect.

Thank y’all so much again.
And I’ll post pictures when it arrives

Reactions: AV_

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F2332AC6-6159-405A-8A95-7DA77C849189.png

Thank y’all so much! Ovals are tricky! No longer am I worried about florescence but now it’s hello bow tie..

I am in love with the the color which is why I choose this diamond and I thought the price point was nice at 4,400.

But how prominent will the bow tie be? I thought it was less then many ovals I viewed on James Avery :(2. Should I except something like the attached picture ?
Either way I’m keeping it as I truly love the tint. But I would like to know what to expect.

Thank y’all so much again.
And I’ll post pictures when it arrives
My biggest issues with bow ties is when they look dark or black. I don't think you'll see that in the stone you linked, if anything I think the bow tie will be lighter than the rest of the stone. Will it be noticible? Probably. But at least it won't be dark, which is (IMHO) the worst part of bowties.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results