shape
carat
color
clarity

Stephcola ''s back &Rich gave my stone the thumbs up!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
WOW! What a beautiful ring and stone. It's obvious that the wait and work paid off. Enjoy wearing it. (But be careful if you talk with your hands. You might put out an eye!)

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
omg that is HUGE~! if i ever got a chance to wear a diamond of that size, my finger would be COVERED by the thing and then some. congratz on ur wonderful ring after all ur hardwork and research!
love.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, is that ever *BIG*! I had to bump this thread up because I hadn't seen it (and, thus, the pictures of your ring) until I saw you thanking some of the forum members in a separate thread. Did we ever hear the price of that ring? (She asked, with no courtesy whatsoever.) Sometimes people post the costs of stones when they are deciding and I have to admit to extraordinary curiosity. (The curiosity is a good thing. It means I admire your stone. You may ignore rude inquiries as to price...but you probably already knew that ;-).

I wish you the best of luck!!!

Deborah

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that this stone was something like $22k? An EXCELLENT deal!
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Yowza! That's gorgeous. Congratulations!!!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
OMG! What a HUGE sparkly rock! Enjoy, but try not to walk into any walls while staring at your hand.
2.gif

stephcola

Shiny_Rock
AGBF - Deborah,

Mara is right. Just in under $22k for the stone only - setting is a whole different story. At first I did not want to mention prices but in order for everyone to help me I had to. Alot of people said it could not be done in the size, color and clarity I wanted. It took almost 4 months but I did it. I will tell you, I couldn't replace it again if I tried. I could not get a price close to what I paid for what I got. It is 3.01 ct(H) SI1 (totatlly, totally eyeclean - and I see everything!!!!) I could barely see the minute inclusions - near the girdle with my loupe. And I spent a great deal of my 30 day return period staring at this stone!!!! If you are looking for something similar, you can trace my long and arduous journey by looking under all of my posts "stephcola". Regards,

stephcola

Shiny_Rock
Mara - if you are reading this.....Rich said there was no light leakage from this stone!!!! I have copies of the idealscope and there are no white areas at all. Amazing!!! A very big thank you to you for really walking me through this journey!!!!! Regards,

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, this stone had "over the top" numbers for the "non-leakage" DiamCalc parameter, 1.08 & 1.10 scoring.

Take a look at the idealscope photo. Although the "good" symmetry gives the arrows a blurred effect, the contrast is still very good, and look at that rich dark pink playing field!

DSC00021.JPG

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I got a kick out of this characteristic as well. The two tapered baguettes are fluorescent, giving the ring a cool signature under a black light.

DSC00022.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow gorgeous pictures...I like the fluor pic too
1.gif

Steph...you definitely got a winner..that IdealScope image is a looker. That ring is a monster! I showed one of my girlfriends and she practically passed out. I definitely am aspiring to a 3c one day too
1.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Steph...Congrats on such a dazzling diamond....

Rich those are awesome pictures..............
rodent.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Here's the diagram of Steph's diamond's characteristics. A nice, eyeclean SI1.

Notice the two naturals, indicated by green lines directly opposite from each other. This shows that the cutter maximized full use of the original octahedron diamond crystal, having the diameter of the diamond extend fully from one side of the crystal to the other.

RBC- 3.01 wf top.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 11/22/2003 10:09:01 AM Richard Sherwood wrote:

Here's the diagram of Steph's diamonds's characteristics. A nice, eyeclean SI1.
----------------

Rich pretty neat tech stuff....

When I saw this picture you posted of the diamond mounted in the setting with the outline of the prongs it reminds me of the often asked question on the forum: "Is it possible to appraise a stone when mounted"....

Nice..What progam is that?

9.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
When I saw this picture you posted of the diamond mounted in the setting with the outline of the
prongs it reminds me of the often asked question on the foruk of "Is it possible to appraise
a stone when mounted"....
-----------

It's a little trickier, but can be done. The way to see what is under the prongs is to look through the table at an angle and observe the reflection of that area on the opposite side of the stone.

One nice thing about having the diamond plotted after being set is that the position of the prongs on the plot gives you a reference bearing as to where in the inclusions are in relationship to the prongs. Makes it easier to quickly identify your stone when examining it with a loupe.

-----------
Nice..What progeam is that?
-----------

It's a combination of using the DiamCalc and Windows Paint program. My 13 yr old daughter Kari taught me how to do computer plotting. She was 10 at the time. Heh heh heh...

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Steph... I'm amazed! That's a truly beautiful stone! It was well worth the hard job!
9.gif

Rich... I'm impressed by your skills!
9.gif
2.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm impressed by Rich's skills, but Kari impresses me more.
9.gif

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, gorgeous rock and ring!! Rich did a wonderful job with the analysis as well. I can't wait to see pics of it on your finger!!!

I was interested in the fact that it's set with only 4 prongs. I would have assumed that a stone this big would call for 6, but your setting is perfectly balanced with those 4. Beautiful!!!!

I'm like Mara - a "size" girl - so this is definitely something to aspire to for one of my future upgrades. (hee hee)

Congrats!!

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
I'd LOVE to see that on your hand. Please post pics!

stephcola

Shiny_Rock
Mike's girl,

I am sorry but I don't have the know - it - all to post a photo. We also have not joined this century yet and do not have a scanner. I could have my hubby photograph it and send it to someone but otherwise, Rich's photos will have to do. Any advice????

Our video camera is digital and has a camera built it. We have yet to see the still photos of our last 3 trips to Disney. My husband (who otherwise is a very sharp guy) tried installing the software - no success. We have given up. We are the people who can't successfully tape programs on the VCR and cannot call in for messages on our home answering machine. We are highly educated and successful business people - who are just missing the audio/videophile genes. We hope our 7 year daughter will help us out in a year or two. Thanks for the interest!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
="padding-bottom:0;marginTop:0;marginBottom:0;">----------------
On 11/21/2003 5:40:50 PM stephcola wrote:

Mara is right. Just in under $22k for the stone only - setting is a whole different story.
It is 3.01 ct(H) SI1 (totatlly, totally eyeclean - and I see everything!!!!)
If you are looking for something similar, you can trace my long and arduous journey by looking under all of my posts 'stephcola'. Regards,

----------------[/quote]

I am not looking for one for myself, but I am most *definitely* admiring yours! You certainly got a great buy! Congratulations!!!!

Deborah

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Holy Moly! I think it burned my retinas ! Congrats on a truly amazing ring. Always wear it in good health.

P.S. I hear large diamonds are the cure for arthritis.
2.gif

stephcola

Shiny_Rock
Fuffi,

You made me chuckle at the arthritis comment!!!! I think I am good to go then. I will say a big diamond makes larger knuckles look smaller!!! thanks for your kind words!! regards,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results