shape
carat
color
clarity

Stephcola ''s back &Rich gave my stone the thumbs up!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stephcola

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I sent my ring to Rich Sherwood for an appraisal.. Last minute jitters. I got the ring and the appraisal back today. He said it is a "high" (H ) 3.01 ct. eyeclean SI1 and the cut is a dazzler!! I am very happy now and can finally put my search to bed. I asked Rich to post a photo for me - since I cannot do this - so hopefully in the next day or so you can see it. Thanks again to all of you for your expert guidance and tremendous support. best regards,
appl.gif
appl.gif
wavey.gif

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Great to hear everything worked out for you.

rodent.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Steph...enjoy the new stone!
1.gif

diamond dazed

Rough_Rock
Wow! 3 cts! I hope you'll eventually post some pictures of it ON your finger, too. That's gotta span 1/2 way across your finger (lengthwise).

Have you picked out a setting, yet?

Congratulations!

Kris

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
WoooooHoooo Steph! Glad everything worked out for you and you are pleased with your diamond!
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Whoa Steph! I'm so very happy for you!!! Enjoy your great rock!!
9.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Feel better now?
1.gif

It's good to hear that Rich's appraisal has set your mind at ease. I'm glad that everything worked out for you!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to see what your honker looks like!
10.gif

stephcola

Shiny_Rock
Canadiangrrl,

Yes I feel so much better. I liked the stone before but just wanted to make sure that Rich thought it was a keeper. The 30 day return policy is a mixed blessing. You have a long time to stare at it and question your judgment. I had it appraised locally first but essentially all they did was match the cert to the stone. I needed verification by an appraiser pricescope recommended. Thanks .

stephcola

Shiny_Rock
I would love to show all of you the ring - yes it is set - in a platinum Martin Flyer mounting. Round stones flanking the big round one and tapered baguettes flanking the smaller rounds. The setting is handmade and is beautiful. It is an exact remake of my original setting which along with my stone was stolen this summer. It sits perfectly above my diamond anniversary band (round stones .30 cts all around) I don't have a digital camera or a scanner or anything with which I can post a photo. We are waiting for our 7 year old daughter to do this for us - probably by the time she is 10!! Rich did take photos and I am hoping he will post the most sparkly one.

Once again, a great big thank you to all of you who helped me tremendously. Without you, I would have a big crumby and expensive ring!!!! You were all so patient with me - I truly appreciate this. Best regards,

P.S. I called my BN rep today to tell him I was keeping the stone. After all his hard work, I believe I heard a great sigh of relief. He did discuss with me that he spoke to upper mgmt. about some of the ps recommendations and they were going to implement some changes. They now know what they need to do to appeal to the " more educated diamond consumer" if they seek that target group as well.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool Steph...we'll have to see what changes BN implements in the future.
2.gif
Pictures would be so nice!

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, Steph and Richard!

That's one beautiful ring, and the stone is breathtaking!

win

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy....that stone is HUGE!! Steph I can't believe you think it's small. Insanity!!!!

love.gif
It's BEAUTIFUL!

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Mother of God! How could you ever think that puppy was SMALL?!?!!!!

It's lovely, it's blinding, it's HUGE!!!!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think my stone would fit in the table diameter...hee hee.
rodent.gif

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock

First comment: ONLY 3 carats?

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

Second comment: Can you tell I’m jealous?

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

Third comment: Congrats, I am happy for you!

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock
Fourth comment: My mistake, its 3.01, and that is more than 3.
loopy.gif
wink2.gif
loopy.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I can't friggin' believe my eyes! That's not a diamond....it's a huge sparkly marble! The setting looks gorgeous as well. You could always defray the costs by renting it out to us by the month...
10.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
HOLY HELL!
THAT IS HUGE!

How the heck will you be able to pick up your hand? The muscles in your left arm will certainly get stronger!

That is a beauty.

I am not an RB fan - but good golly I'd wear that one!
3.gif

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock
With that diamond, I think the ring wears you.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
I think you are right with that one in need of help.

Drool.........

stephcola

Shiny_Rock

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments. I really love my ring!! A special thank you to RICH for a job well done and especially for handling my neurosis so beautifully.

It just goes to show how much education, time (alot of it), patience, legwork, and friendship go into finding "the one". It took 4 months - seems like 4 years but well worth it. Thanks again everyone - you are all amazing!!!

P.S. F & I if you are reading this....My insurance company has agreed to accept RICH'S appraised amount i/o the bill of sale amounts. Thanks for the input.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... I can't decide wether one needs a reversed loop or sunglasses to look at this... Stay away from direct light sources with it, it may be a HEALTH HAZARD!

Seriously... what size is the ring (the STONE I know, the finger size I mean). Clearly the jeweler had to struggle to fit those rocks accross your (realtively small) finger and he does dezerve congrats. And... do you like (tiny) claw prongs?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your new ring Steph!!! Glad to see you finally got one.

Rhino

stephcola

Shiny_Rock
Valeria,

Unlike the very tiny finger sizes posted on ps (2 - 4???), my finger size is a 6 1/4!!!! I am a petite 5'3" lady (that's 5'3" on a good day!!!) . I have the bad fortune to have arthritis run in my family (although I am not ancient), my fingers tend to swell and knuckles are a tad large. After having my daughter my finger size immediately jumped at least if not more than 1/2 a size. To answer your question, the center stone and the side stones perfectly fit across my finger. Although the setting is platinum, you really on see diamonds when looking down at my finger. The two side round stones are about .25 to .30 each and the tapered baquettes are .15 each. When Rich sent me my appraisal with photos, he sent a really unusual one - I guess it is under the uv light which tests flourescence. The whole ring is dark with the exception of the tapered baguettes. They are glowing blue!!! We both think this is awesome!! He's done enough for me already but if you want to see this - you might ask him to post it. Thanks again for everything. I have so enjoyed communicating with all of you!! Regards,

I know everyone recommends a variety of designer settings on this forum but mine is handmade by Martin Flyer (free advertisement) and is a work of art (to me). Rich commented on how well made this setting is.

kathio22

Rough_Rock
WOW what an AMAZING ring! Congratulations on your new beauty.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
That is one gorgeous ring, Steph!
love.gif
Wear it well in good health!
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Very Beautiful! Well worth the wait! Thanks to Rich for putting your second guesses aside!
wink2.gif
9.gif

Wear in good health!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results