shape
carat
color
clarity

*~*Stefano Canturi's Colored Stone Rings*~*

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A poster started a thread in Jewelry Pieces about a ring by a designer of whom I had never heard. Although the ring is made of diamonds and 18K gold, I discovered some jewelry made in colored stones by the same designer on his website. I had never heard of him and did not know if he had ever been mentioned on this forum before or if anyone else knew his jewelry.

His name is Stefano Canturi and I believe he is Australian. I tried to start this topic earlier tonight but because I tried to start the topic with a posting that had attached photographs, my initial posting got lost in cyberspace. This time I decided to start the topic first and to do a second posting with my photos...once I actually had a topic safely started. This has happened to me before when I tried to start a topic with a posting that had photographs: Pricescope got impatient and totally cancelled what I was writing. I ended up with a blank page and lost my photos as well as what I had written!

I am not taking this personally. I can only think that Pricescope doesn't like people to start topics with photos.

Deb
:saint:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of the rings.

_9569.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another.

_9570.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and the remaining two I had on my computer. There are more on the website, and they are lovely. I think the orange citrine and the green tsavorite combination may be my favorite! What's yours? (They're like lollipops!!!)

Stefano Canturi's Captivo Collection...http://www.canturi.com/collections/captivo

Deb/AGBF
:read:

_9571.jpg

_9572.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Deb, thank you for posting this. There are my favorites from the page:

canturi-cubism-greenemeraldearrings.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Stefano Canturi is probably one of the best known Australian jewellery designers. He's kind of a big deal here! He has had multiple collaborations with Baz Luhrmann (Australia, Moulin Rouge) and he has even designed a necklace for Barbie!

http://www.jewelleryworld.net.au/2009/01/28/article/ZRDPDQXKOK.html

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/master-of-the-ring-cycle-20130131-2dlrj.html

http://travelinsider.qantas.com.au/stefano_canturi_the_elegant_jewellery_engineer.htm

http://www.barbiecollector.com/news/barbie-stefano-canturi

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed, he is pretty famous here - I've even almost met him (ok well... eyeballed him from accross the room :lol: ) but I was too timid to approach him at the Brisbane new boutique opening last year. He is most famous for his "Cubism" range which I totally adore :love: but also as MissKittyCat mentions - the enormous Moulin Rouge necklace. Think kind of a pity he didn't get a look in with The Great Gatsby movie as a lot of his stuff is quite art deco style. Personally he is probably my favourite Australian designer - I pawed some of the range at both Sydney and Brisbane boutiques - they seemed to have great customer service & really solid quality stuff. Downside -it's really really expensive... ;( Certainly not in my price range but probably half of PS could buy his entire store... :naughty:

Oh and he even has a really nice unisex perfume which hubby & I love. :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all the feedback. I was obviously very ignorant not to be aware of a designer who was so well known. I guess I have not been doing enough jewelry shopping in recent years! (This is totally true!)

As a ruby lover, I couldn't help but notice how red the ring with the rubies and the black sapphire looked. It made me wonder whether he would do any other ruby jewelry in real red instead of pink! (Not that I could afford it or that I like the style of that ring, but I wouldn't wear a black stone.)

Deb
:saint:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He has a good eye for colour combination, not just the stones, but the metal colour and setting design. Wow, those cabochon earrings are something special! :love:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1378209971|3513917 said:
He has a good eye for colour combination, not just the stones, but the metal colour and setting design. Wow, those cabochon earrings are something special! :love:

I agree. I do not, myself, wear black metal, but Mr. Canturi uses black on gold to make some really beautiful effects. I found myself returning to his website to study the rings and reread the descriptions and and he uses a lot of black on the metal (as well as black sapphire and some onyx). I like the effect a lot.

What I would wear that he creates, are his pieces that are three dimensional but look like butterflies or flowers, only deep! I watched a video of his doing, "blind drawing" to create his designs yesterday and some drawings ultimately became pieces like the ones I am mentioning. The pieces I like are from his "Odyssey Collection". I only saw one colored stone among this collection, however. One gold and diamond piece was set with a pink tourmaline in its center (it was very attractive). I would like these in the pink gold option.

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

odysseystudearrings.jpg

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I love the emerald earrings.

Annette

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
His rings are not my thing, but I really like the emerald drop earrings & the cubism earrings are absolutely fascinating. Thanks for putting this up, Deb -- I'd never heard of him either. :oops:

--- Laurie

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Wow I guess I have also been living under a rock because I have never heard of him but his stuff looks really neat. Borderline custom-y to me, but still stunning. I love his eye for intrigating color and the combinations he chooses. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results