shape
carat
color
clarity

STEAM cleaning is the ONLY way to go!!

PrincessMichelle

Rough_Rock
Ok…I am a crazy obsessive ring cleaner! I am the girl that cleans her ring DAILY and has her own ultrasonic cleaner to use at home…I am the friend that will lecture her girlfriends about not taking care of their rings… With that said..My ring has probably never been really DIRTY lol…BUT I recently got my diamond re-set from a solitaire to a diamond band (yippy!) and immediately purchased a steam cleaner for my ring (diamond bands and ultrasonic cleaners shouldnt get together very often) Needless to say I have used it twice already (I got it yesterday..told ya) The BEST thing EVER!!! even better than my ultrasonic! My jeweler also said this is the safest way to clean my ring...no chemicals, scrubbing...just pressurized steam... :dance:

SO, to show how AMAZING this cleaner is I did a little dirtying up my ring this morning by wearing it while getting ready…lotion, hair products, just used my hands as I naturally would every day without washing my hands…. and then steamed it to show you the results… anyone have one of theses?!

image1__12_.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing results! :appl: I am a compulsive cleaner also, giving mine a bath a few times a day with a very gentle, soft brush and Dawn platinum dish soap, followed by a spritz of rubbing alcohol. I don't have a jewelry steam cleaner, but do occasionally break out the detachable steam component on my shark steam mop to give my rings a good deep clean, and it does make an incredible difference.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOw! Amazing difference.

libramom

Shiny_Rock
Wow your ring looks amazing!!!! I just use the connoisseur jewelry cleaner for my ring. I will have to check into this ...

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, I have one, too. I don't use it very often, because it sort of scares me, haha! I do clean my ring often with a toothbrush and Dawn liquid, but a film develops over time. In fact, I was starting to think my diamond wasn't sparkly, and I was getting sad, and then I remembered that I had a steam cleaner, so I took it out and used it, and WOW! :)

PrincessMichelle

Rough_Rock
YES! It looks like it's on sale now on Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GSFQPO

I am like rallying for these things... Scrubbing and chemicals on diamonds...can't be good for it over time... Good old pressurized steam does a better,safer job. I'm hooked lol I should get paid to sell these things for as much as I've raved about it lol :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, this thread is convincing me…I clean my rings like it's my job, but over time I can see where chemicals can build up/be harmful - I have a birthday coming up, I think I know what I'm asking for :naughty:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1433088587|3883286 said:
Ok, this thread is convincing me…I clean my rings like it's my job, but over time I can see where chemicals can build up/be harmful - I have a birthday coming up, I think I know what I'm asking for :naughty:
Your new ring wants you to have one!
I think I may have to have one too. Dawn over-night soaking works so well, but now I feel as though I'm missing something uber-sparkly about my stones.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I have always been curious about a steam cleaner. Do you mind sharing how it works? Is it easy to use? I use an ultrasonic for my non-pave jewelry but nothing can beat a jewelry store cleaning! I would love a better home solution.

Thanks!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1433089416|3883288 said:
I think I may have to have one too. Dawn over-night soaking works so well, but now I feel as though I'm missing something uber-sparkly about my stones.

Jimmianne, this is what I'm thinking too! What if we can get our stones to sparkle even more? :D

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing this Michelle - great before and after pics. I LOVE my Jewel Jet steamer!!! And it is really easy to use. You just fill with water, plug it in, and allow it to heat up. Then you use the included tongs to hold your items as you press the button to release the steam.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome difference!! I have both Steam-cleaner and US. No reason your ring can;t also go in US though!

libramom

Shiny_Rock
Jimmianne|1433089416|3883288 said:

That's so funny I just told my husband I know what I want for my bday this year :whistle:

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial|1433092754|3883317 said:
Thanks for sharing this Michelle - great before and after pics. I LOVE my Jewel Jet steamer!!! And it is really easy to use. You just fill with water, plug it in, and allow it to heat up. Then you use the included tongs to hold your items as you press the button to release the steam.
Thanks Sundial for the info! It sounds pretty easy. It is going on my birthday list!!!

PrincessMichelle

Rough_Rock
SUPER easy to use! and is ready to go in 3 minutes! It's amazing... I'm telling you ladies it's so expensive in the stores...This is the exact one I have and it's a steal... http://amzn.to/1KwJYTT

We need to open up a before and after steam cleaning thread lol

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I had one for years but have only used it 2-3 times.

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
I normally clean using some good dish soap (some of the newer grease-cutting Dawn ones for example), very hot water, and a baby toothbrush.

What sort of differences do you guys get with these home steamers? :read:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was wondering if a steam cleaner with the force of the steam can be used on Halo's because of the small pave work.
Anyone have any experience on this?

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
same question here for halos and eternity bands! can they use steam cleaner? or is there a limit how often?

WillyDiamond|1433120337|3883479 said:
I was wondering if a steam cleaner with the force of the steam can be used on Halo's because of the small pave work.
Anyone have any experience on this?

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
can anyone recommend a nice flat long brush to use along with a steam cleaner?

i've been using the steaming nozzle on my nespresso machine to clean my ring, however, due to the gallery design, i still see small specks of dust trapped underneath my diamond.

i feel like if i could get a brush (with a ~1/2 inch long bristle), i can clean it more thoroughly.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I use my steam cleaner on all of my diamond jewelry including a ring with delicate pave on three sides of the shank and a halo pendant. I have had no problems. I think it is less likely to loosen a stone than an ultra sonic cleaner. I have heard though that the heat is not good for softer stones like emeralds and opals. It has been fine with my sapphire though. I clean daily with Dawn and Windex and use the Jewel Jet once or twice a month.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
tweeter8177|1433090470|3883297 said:
I have always been curious about a steam cleaner. Do you mind sharing how it works? Is it easy to use? I use an ultrasonic for my non-pave jewelry but nothing can beat a jewelry store cleaning! I would love a better home solution.

Thanks!

Coming soon, to an Amazon.com near you...

A new Ultrasonic and steamer combined that is small enough to fit on your kitchen counter. I am traveling back from the show today, but when I get home I will upload the picture if there is any interest. Supposed to be ready to market by October. You put your jewelry in the basket, raise the cover up and in a short time the jewelry is ultrasoniced, then steamed. It is sleek and stylish and oh, did I mention that it is small?

Wink

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks!

Here is a little video that will show the basics. It is the original model (burgundy color) which appears to be the one in some of the listings that have been posted in this thread and which works really well. If you can get one for under $100 bux that is a great deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz7mHwuDqTU

I am a huge advocate of regular and effective home cleaning. ESPECIALLY if you have paid a premium for a top cut which many people on this board have.

Pre-soaking is an important step prior to steaming, particularly if the item has not been cleaned recently. If you are afraid of loosening of accent diamonds from ultrasonic, there are inexpensive vibrasonics on the market that make for an excellent soaking step without the high power. You can find some here:
https://www.blitzinc.com/shop/jewelry-cleaning-machines/

diamontelove

Rough_Rock
PrincessMichelle|1433022723|3883087 said:
BTW This is the one I got... http://amzn.to/1LQiQQF
So much more affordable than in retail stores :clap:

Thanks for where to find it! I need that for mine too...looking a bit cloudy. Not horrible, but it could shine a bit more brillinatly!! :dance: Do you know if Amazon Prime works for that ?

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Wink|1433169286|3883674 said:

Thanks!

A new Ultrasonic and steamer combined that is small enough to fit on your kitchen counter. I am traveling back from the show today, but when I get home I will upload the picture if there is any interest. Supposed to be ready to market by October. You put your jewelry in the basket, raise the cover up and in a short time the jewelry is ultrasoniced, then steamed. It is sleek and stylish and oh, did I mention that it is small?

Wink

Thanks Wink! I am very interested in it and would love to see a picture when you have time. Any idea on the pricepoint and whether it is safe for pave?

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Texas Leaguer|1433169680|3883682 said:

Thanks!

Here is a little video that will show the basics. It is the original model (burgundy color) which appears to be the one in some of the listings that have been posted in this thread and which works really well. If you can get one for under $100 bux that is a great deal.

I am a huge advocate of regular and effective home cleaning. ESPECIALLY if you have paid a premium for a top cut which many people on this board have.

Pre-soaking is an important step prior to steaming, particularly if the item has not been cleaned recently. If you are afraid of loosening of accent diamonds from ultrasonic, there are inexpensive vibrasonics on the market that make for an excellent soaking step without the high power. You can find some here:

Thanks Texas Leaguer! I checked out the link and they all seem to be called ultrasonics vs. vibrasonics. Am I missing something? I just want to make sure I get the right products that are safe for pave and really appreciate your insights!!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
tweeter8177|1433174962|3883716 said:

Thanks!

Thanks Texas Leaguer! I checked out the link and they all seem to be called ultrasonics vs. vibrasonics. Am I missing something? I just want to make sure I get the right products that are safe for pave and really appreciate your insights!!
Notice this one is called a "sonic" cleaner as opposed to an ultrasonic. https://www.blitzinc.com/products/blitz-ultra-ii-jewelry-cleaning-machine/
Generally the low cost ones like this ($20) are the low power vibrasonic models. Not so powerful to cause big concerns for melle but great for the soaking phase. If diamonds come out in this cleaner, they were probably about to come out during wear. And at least you don't lose the diamonds!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wink|1433169286|3883674 said:

Thanks!

Wink

Oh Wink, I think you just made my year!!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Texas Leaguer|1433177588|3883739 said:
tweeter8177|1433174962|3883716 said:

Thanks!

Notice this one is called a "sonic" cleaner as opposed to an ultrasonic. https://www.blitzinc.com/products/blitz-ultra-ii-jewelry-cleaning-machine/
Generally the low cost ones like this ($20) are the low power vibrasonic models. Not so powerful to cause big concerns for melle but great for the soaking phase. If diamonds come out in this cleaner, they were probably about to come out during wear. And at least you don't lose the diamonds!

Very helpful! Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results