Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would thank my friend and listen to the people here. my .02

:razz: :razz:

I have a friend who used to be in the business

Aetius

Rough_Rock
Update: Jeweler sent back something, image below.

1_291.jpg

Its ok. On the right track, although I'm not sold on the scrollwork and I think it lacks opportunity to incorporate color. Its based loosely off the ring Gypsy posted. Of course this was like 7/1. I replied the next day with:

> 1) I'm concerned about the height of the band (not necessarily the
> mounting) ... seems a tad think on her tiny fingers
> 2) Maybe this would kill two birds, along with #1, but can we work
> more stones around the side? Either alternating teal Sapps with
> Diamonds or all Sapps, whichever looks better
> 3) #2 May require a different shaped side stone, I'm fine with that
> 4) It may just be the CAD, but it looks like the rim around the
> diamond comes up over the diamond. Wouldn’t that reduce color and
> reflectivity? Not sure I like that ... if we went that route, it might
> be better to halo or something
> 5) Are those possibly color stones under the mounting from the side view?
> That looks cool

He then lost an email reply of mien for about two weeks, during which time I wrote him off. So, bottom line is i'm ... Starting over. Again.

Have I mentioned that i'm to the point where I really hate engagement rings? This is the most horrible purchasing experience of my life. I've decided to start looking for something off the shelf. So, if anyone is in the mood to kick in, here what i'm searching for via google (and maybe the above reply helps with that photo too).

1) About 1c ... probably Oval (open to others, I just like the slightly less traditional look
2) Platinum most likely (rose gold looks cool, but I worry it would be hard to match) ... she's allergic to white gold
3) Teal sapphires adding color ... I've like some of the alternating color, diamond rings as well as one I posted earlier (had pink) where the color is in a channel between diamonds. Pretty open here ... the goal is to work in the teal color. An example of the color i'm trying for is: http://www.gemfix.com/sapphire_montana.html#thumb ... Eight rows down on the right-hand side with Order/Stock No.: sapphire_montana_450.
4) Set low so as not to catch on surgical gloves
5) Total budget in the $8k range. A little lower is obviously fine, and i'd prefer not to get to $10k

What am I missing? Thanks all.

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results